Any chance we can install a passing game before next Saturday? | The Boneyard

Any chance we can install a passing game before next Saturday?

Reaction Score
I thought he turned the corner a few games ago but it didn’t take.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We basically run the triple option.

Reaction Score
ZT is not the longterm answer. He just isn't
He did miss some throws, but geez I just don't understand why they don't leave Joly out there every down since he our best weapon. Need to find someone other than Flynn. He's not a threat at all and we don't even look to throw to him. Can't believe the transfer from BC doesn't get in ahead of him. It's just so hard to sustain long drives only being able to run also knowing that we are eventually going to get flagged for something and put behind the chains. We just don't have the weapons to overcome that.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Safe to chalk up next week as a 56-3 L and see if we can eek bowl eligibility out vs Army

Reaction Score
One thing Zion definitely has is confidence. That’s a good place to start from. I’m clueless to what his ceiling is, but he does need to play better.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Safe to chalk up next week as a 56-3 L and see if we can eek bowl eligibility out vs Army
Liberty is not the good. They only beat UMass 42-24 and survived by one point against FCS Gardner Webb.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When the Pats won a game last year with their 1st year QB throwing only 3 passes it was hailed as genius. Tonight we covered with our QB adhering strictly to the Hippocratic Oath. Next week I trust this staff will have a different plan.

Reaction Score
We were lucky enought to be in row 5 tonight behind the bench so saw plenty of Millen and Zermeno warming up. I was sure one of them would go in sooner rather than later but it didn't happen. It was fine though, UCONN was in the lead and won the game. Mission accomplished.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Meh. At this point, we are who we are. Play defense, protect the ball, wear them down with the run game. We're putting a lot on ZT's shoulders if we start trying to throw it all over the yard.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
ZT doesn’t have the benefit of a healthy pass catching back. Couple our lack of a good receiving TE and all of our above average receivers being injured (except Joly) and I don’t think it’s fair to evaluate him at this point.

UMass is terrible, but not because of their pass D.

Reaction Score
When Zion targets Joly good things usually happen. I need Joly on the field more. And for those judging Zion, give him 5 games with a healthy WR Corp first. I think he will more than impress. Also, we need better protection on the edges when we pass.

Reaction Score
ZT is not the longterm answer. He just isn't

I think you're assuming a lot about a what, 18 year old?

I think he has the raw skills, but most of what he needs now is better decision-making and QB intelligence. Which I would assume would go up over time as you get more experience, get used to the speed of the game, etc.

He throws some good balls, he just needs to know when to stay in the pocket and pass, when to tuck it and run, etc.

He also has been doomed by WR depth. Often there is simply nobody open and not a good option.

I do have to believe of Roberson gets healthy he gets a solid shot but who knows. I am not ready to write off ZT just yet but he does have a ways to go.

Reaction Score
When Zion targets Joly good things usually happen. I need Joly on the field more. And for those judging Zion, give him 5 games with a healthy WR Corp first. I think he will more than impress. Also, we need better protection on the edges when we pass.
I would say the same thing about Clercius. He doesn’t get as many targets, but when he does, he makes plays.

Reaction Score
Kid is a freshman and you have to give him a ton of credit no doubt. But watching I have to agree need to get to another level at QB to win more games. Roberson has the skill set so hopefully he gets healthy.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Mora and his coaches have this team at 5 - 5. He has turned a doormat program around in one season. This team is well prepared to play. These kids are playing with confidence and great energy. One more win and maybe a bowl game. There is an energy and excitement that is returning to the program. What more do some of you want for one seaon?

Several skilled player injuries have taken offensive weapons away for the season including our top QB. And you want more passing!!! Geez.

To quote Tug McGraw - "You gotta believe."

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Kid is a freshman and you have to give him a ton of credit no doubt. But watching I have to agree need to get to another level at QB to win more games. Roberson has the skill set so hopefully he gets healthy.
How do any of us know Roberson has the skill set? All we've seen of him is playing at Iowa when PSU starter got hurt and a few plays at USU before he got injured. None of us know how he'd be this year.

Instead of wishing for the next QB, let's be happy with the one we have. The one who is a true frosh and was forced into the role in Game 1. The one who has helped manage the offense through multiple skill player injuries. The one who has us at 5-5. I don't doubt that Zion gets better next season and who knows what happens. Right now, I'm appreciating what we have, and wishing we could get a little bit more. However, we are playing mistake free football on the offensive side and Zion is a huge part of that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom