Any chance we can install a passing game before next Saturday? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Any chance we can install a passing game before next Saturday?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
8B511E66-8090-4D3C-8889-0ADEA7F5682E.jpeg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If tickets are available for $5 that's another reason for more people to attend. I'll even go this far: I'll cover the $5 ticket cost for the first ten Boneyarders willing to go to the game. The only conditions are that you a) need to be at the game to collect and b) show evidence that you purchased the ticket after this post.

I'll be easy to find and will have cash on me to reimburse the funds. I just want some evidence that nobody is taking advantage of my goodwill gesture.

Reaction Score
Zion did have 2 td taken away the last 2 weeks, would say he had almost 100 yards taken away from him on dropped passes, so it’s not as if the plays haven been there to be made. Against Liberty those passes need to be caught.

Reaction Score
Guessing UConn will be 7.5 point dogs on Monday. That should be no insurmountable barrier. First game back after a bye is always weird. Next week UConn should be sharper

Reaction Score
The answer is no, we’re not going to have a passing game installed by the end of this season. Unless Ross and Marrion are back at 100%, there is no reason to think that we are going to change who we are.
We need more than 60 yards. Is 100-125 yards throwing an impossible ask? I’d like to see Joly targeted a bit more. Let’s hope Ross and Marion can get in the game.

Reaction Score
Zion did have 2 td taken away the last 2 weeks, would say he had almost 100 yards taken away from him on dropped passes, so it’s not as if the plays haven been there to be made. Against Liberty those passes need to be caught.
I believe there'll be some passing practice this week. How many passes were dropped this season?

Reaction Score
We need more than 60 yards. Is 100-125 yards throwing an impossible ask? I’d like to see Joly targeted a bit more. Let’s hope Ross and Marion can get in the game.
Hopefully more Houston too, last night was a great game for Rosa’s confidence getting bulk of the carries. Go with our game plan but mix it up a bit, no empty possessions.

Reaction Score
Guessing UConn will be 7.5 point dogs on Monday. That should be no insurmountable barrier. First game back after a bye is always weird. Next week UConn should be sharper

i think it could be double digit dogs. I‘ll not touch 7.5 and I would never bet against my Huskies. I think I’ll need 15-17 to bet in this game.

Reaction Score
I definitely expect it to be double digits, particularly if Liberty finishes off the win

Reaction Score
I think the coaches determined that the recipe for beating UMASS was don't make any mistakes. It was a good assessment and it worked.
I think they should let that happen next game so they at least have something for Army. Doing that would sure as heck surprise Liberty and might even win the game.

But of course it ain't gonna happen.

Reaction Score
The formula last night was to run the ball, control the line of scrimmage and don’t turn it over….we did that and won by 17. We were again down 4 starting receivers last night as Marion didn’t play and Ross was a non-factor as he is not fully healthy yet…if we get Marion back next week which we should, you will see the offense open up a bit which we need to do. You cant complain with the results of the ball control offense recently with our stellar line play on run blocking. The play book will not fully open unless we get Marion and Ross back healthy. If just Marion, think we see some more aggressive play calling and downfield throws but think the run will still be our main weapon, especially if Houston back healthy….I really want to see it too, but you have to call plays based on your personnel.

Reaction Score
How do any of us know Roberson has the skill set? All we've seen of him is playing at Iowa when PSU starter got hurt and a few plays at USU before he got injured. None of us know how he'd be this year.

Instead of wishing for the next QB, let's be happy with the one we have. The one who is a true frosh and was forced into the role in Game 1. The one who has helped manage the offense through multiple skill player injuries. The one who has us at 5-5. I don't doubt that Zion gets better next season and who knows what happens. Right now, I'm appreciating what we have, and wishing we could get a little bit more. However, we are playing mistake free football on the offensive side and Zion is a huge part of that.
Well said. Just roll back the clock a year when we 1-10 and those of us with grey around the temples were having nostalgic ( but not really serious ) dreams about the “ glory” days of the Yankee Conference and compare it to yesterday. Heck yes I wish we were 7-3 after last night but people in hell wish they had ice water. We all knew this would be at best a turn around year. Injuries to key players likely deflated our hope balloon but this team does not lay down and wish Santa would bring a victory. Yes I wanted better after all I bleed blue , Huskies and Dodgers. We will be better and as the the Dodgers fans in old Brooklyn said after a lost season - “ wait till next year”

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about Zion. Chances are that he's either redshirting next year or good enough to win the starting job. Interested to see how our QB room pans out with the transfer portal. If Roberson is taking the medical redshirt, that means he has 2023, 24, 25, and ?26 ( covid year)?

Reaction Score
Maybe what Coach Mora might want to do is to find an excellent QB coach to work with these players in the off season. Zion Turner might have the fundamentals he just needs to improving timing, accuracy etc.
The only thing Zion needs are quality receivers that can get open. He is extremely poised and got hammered a bunch of times and didn’t fumble or throw an interception.

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about Zion. Chances are that he's either redshirting next year or good enough to win the starting job. Interested to see how our QB room pans out with the transfer portal. If Roberson is taking the medical redshirt, that means he has 2023, 24, 25, and ?26 ( covid year)?
Zion isn’t losing the job. Has a lot more talent then he has been able to show with lack of receivers

Reaction Score
Safe to chalk up next week as a 56-3 L and see if we can eek bowl eligibility out vs Army
Not safe to do that at all. Never do that even in the back of our mind we might suspect as the worst case scenario. Let's see where the spread opens.

Reaction Score
UConn through 10 games:

Rushing Attempts: 412
Passing Attempts: 200
Lies, damn lies, and statistics. How many of the passes were to someone on or behind the LOS? How many were pitch handoffs?

I just want to see some downfield throws to keep defenses honest.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Any chance we can install a passing game before next Saturday?​

9D2226EF-D1D5-4B1B-B6AF-E825ACF25EE0.jpeg

Sure, no problem. Just type this in to your remote.

You’re welcome!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom