Any Castle news? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Any Castle news?

Reaction Score
I am much more focused on patiently getting Stephon back healthy than beating Kansas on 12/1. Sure, I would like both to happen, but his long term knee health is more important.
Damn. I hear ya for sure but it would be a shame to not have him for at least a little bit against KU. Would love for them to see our team at full strength. Sucks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Based on zero inside information whatsoever, my gut feeling is that he doesn't play against Kansas or UNC, maybe gets a few minutes to shake off the rust against Pine Bluff, and then plays 15-18 minutes against Gonzaga before training wheels come off.
You are probably right. But if the Dr. cleared him, I can see Hurley giving him 5 minutes just so he doesn't miss the experience.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I hate this place for the fact I’ll be eating spaghettios dip this weekend.
If you do actually go for it, know that you can use the corner of the tortilla chip to spear the little meatballs and keep them from rolling off.

Mind you this is circa ‘92 so shrinkflation might have rendered that tip useless.

Reaction Score
We won 5 games without him and 2 of those were big games at the garden. Yes I would love him back but do we really need him badly?
Not enough to compromise a full recovery from an injury.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Well, that doesn't sound promising for him to play on Friday.

If the doctor clears him on Tuesday, it merely allows Castle to ramp up beyond a shoot around session.
I know the hype and maybe it is deserved. I saw him live vs way overmatched Stonehill. He did zilch in the first half and had a great 2nd half. I hope he lives up to the billing and hope we get to see him soon against tough completion. He got to the hoop at will vs Stonehill, and I want to see what he can do against a D that makes it harder for him to penetrate. He maybe took one jumper that I saw , shot great from the foul line. Does he have enough of a jumper to keep better a better D honest? He looked pretty strong. In the meantime our guard play ain’t shabby without him.

Reaction Score
Mid December would be great. Good tune up with Gonzaga and then a full Big East schedule! Losing to Kansas and or NC will only motivate everyone! Facing adversity now will only make this team stronger! Add in the challenges of conference play
and the hope is the team matures to make a significant run in March!

Reaction Score
Mid December would be great. Good tune up with Gonzaga and then a full Big East schedule! Losing to Kansas and or NC will only motivate everyone! Facing adversity now will only make this team stronger! Add in the challenges of conference play
and the hope is the team matures to make a significant run in March!
We aren't losing to NC with Castle or not and we can still beat Kansas if he doesn't play. No reason to win all games before big east play. We are 24-0 in our last Non-Conference games including 7-0 this year.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Bike doesn’t hurt
He had the “procedure” on 11/16/23. Today is 12 days not even two weeks which was best case scenario. DH said we might get an update mid week after he see’s the “surgeon”(please note I did not hear DH use the word surgery but Lapas used that word during the game last night). So 2 weeks is Thursday. Then he has to practice. Really can’t see him playing Friday. Maybe he is ready at three weeks so UNC on 12/5 is also a long shot. Maybe by Arkansas PB. UNC is about four weeks. But does that mean back in games or back in practice.

Reaction Score
If you do actually go for it, know that you can use the corner of the tortilla chip to spear the little meatballs and keep them from rolling off.

Mind you this is circa ‘92 so shrinkflation might have rendered that tip useless.
Oh, I'm not only going for it. If I eat it and we beat Kansas, you're all eating it.

Reaction Score
I know the hype and maybe it is deserved. I saw him live vs way overmatched Stonehill. He did zilch in the first half and had a great 2nd half. I hope he lives up to the billing and hope we get to see him soon against tough completion. He got to the hoop at will vs Stonehill, and I want to see what he can do against a D that makes it harder for him to penetrate. He maybe took one jumper that I saw , shot great from the foul line. Does he have enough of a jumper to keep better a better D honest? He looked pretty strong. In the meantime our guard play ain’t shabby without him.
The secret sauce is offensive flow vs just his stats, (somewhat like Karaban last year). When I rewatched games you could see the pass leading to the pass at times was a quality set up. In live action I hadn't noticed his effectiveness getting the ball at the 'nail' and moving it where it needed to go. Solo is going to spot up, straight line to the hoop, or offensive rebound. Castle's plays are those little things that help winning.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The secret sauce is offensive flow vs just his stats, (somewhat like Karaban last year). When I rewatched games you could see the pass leading to the pass at times was a quality set up. In live action I hadn't noticed his effectiveness getting the ball at the 'nail' and moving it where it needed to go. Solo is going to spot up, straight line to the hoop, or offensive rebound. Castle's plays are those little things that help winning.
Hopefully so. My only point is that he hasn’t yet faced solid competition and i am anxious to see how he handles opposition that makes it harder for him to do what he’s best at. Stonehill had no clue.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are probably right. But if the Dr. cleared him, I can see Hurley giving him 5 minutes just so he doesn't miss the experience.
This. Big-time players like big-time environments. He just missed out on a set of Madison Square Garden games. I could see him doing everything possible to get time at the Phog.

Reaction Score
I think that surgery on knee, even minor, “opens the door” and can allow hereditary conditions such as arthritis, which might have manifested anyway but perhaps would have occurred farther into future, to develop sooner. In my case, I had ACL repair in early 90s, two years ago I needed same knee to have replacement due to arthritis which does run in family. But other knee is fine.

Reaction Score
We have a puncher's chance of Castle playing in UNC game based on what we saw his warmups in UNH pregame and no lift on those jumpers, let alone Kansas game.

Reaction Score
A bit of an outlier thought....but is it better long term if Castle doesn't play? Winning or loosing 1 game doesn't change the season. But, if we see Kansas in the FF or E8, and their only experience is playing us without Castle, does that give us a major advantage in a matchup?

Reaction Score
A bit of an outlier thought....but is it better long term if Castle doesn't play? Winning or loosing 1 game doesn't change the season. But, if we see Kansas in the FF or E8, and their only experience is playing us without Castle, does that give us a major advantage in a matchup?
If he’s not ready overall its 100% better he doesn’t play. If he’s near full health it would be great to experience this.

Reaction Score
I'm glad Solo is going through this now and not in January. It's much better for team building. If Castle gets back for Big East play that would be fine by me. Being a 1 or 2 seed would be great but we've proven it isn't the end of the world to come into the tourney with a higher seed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom