Any Castle news? | The Boneyard

Any Castle news?

Reaction Score
Not sure if it’s something to worry about but on the telecast tonight, the announcer said Castle was going to be evaluated by a surgeon this week. Hope it’s only to give him the ok to play at Kansas on Friday.

Reaction Score
We won 5 games without him and 2 of those were big games at the garden. Yes I would love him back but do we really need him badly?
Indiana isn't great. Texas was a good win but they also missed a key player in Shedrick, so it was even
Castle is a lottery pick and arguably top 3/4 player in our team and we are about to hit the road to Kansas/Gonzaga so yes I would say we need him badly - especially on nights where Ball isn't playing up to par

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll save everyone five pages of scrolling and skip right to what you would have had to wait until post 100 to read.

SpaghettiOs straight out of the can and cold is way better than heated up.

I'm not sure how we would have gone from legitimate question about Castle's potential return on Friday to why SpaghettiOs are better cold, but it was going to happen.

Reaction Score
I mean I’d like him against Kansas and NC but I really want him playing in Feb and March. Pretty sure the docs and Hurley have that goal so he’s got to be ready.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'll save everyone five pages of scrolling and skip right to what you would have had to wait until post 100 to read.

I'm not sure how we would have gone from legitimate question about Castle's potential return on Friday to why SpaghettiOs are better cold, but it was going to happen.
I grew up on O’s out of the can. Also makes a great “dip” for tortilla chips. Follow me for more recipes.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're not going to know before Friday, unless a family member is in the house

Reaction Score
Well, that doesn't sound promising for him to play on Friday.

If the doctor clears him on Tuesday, it merely allows Castle to ramp up beyond a shoot around session.
I’m not sure how you could draw any inference from that statement whatsoever. If he was going to play against Kansas, it was always going to be a really short timeline between when he gets cleared and the game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We don’t need to be great on December 1. Very good is working okay so far. It’s a long season.
The team is definitely good enough now to keep winning. Castle would be particularly helpful against KU to match up with McCullar (who has been their best player). But it's not important enough to win this game to risk having him when the games matter more.

caw

Reaction Score
The team is definitely good enough now to keep winning. Castle would be particularly helpful against KU to match up with McCullar (who has been their best player). But it's not important enough to win this game to risk having him when the games matter more.

Yeah Ball is a decent defender but he gives up way too much height and weight. Stewart Isn't ready yet for that. Diarra would probably be up for the challenge but same issue as Ball.

I guess we could put Newton on him, and that would be interesting in many ways. Two triple-double guys going at it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

SpaghettiOs is for kids. Beefaroni is for men.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah Ball is a decent defender but he gives up way too much height and weight. Stewart Isn't ready yet for that. Diarra would probably be up for the challenge but same issue as Ball.

I guess we could put Newton on him, and that would be interesting in many ways. Two triple-double guys going at it.
What I'd consider if I was Hurley, is playing Newton on McCullar and Diarra on Harris as much as possible. Newton isn't a lights out defender but he has a better change to make things difficult. Because Newton isn't really quick enough for Harris either. Cam can take whichever of Timberlake or Jackson is in, because neither is a big offensive threat anyway.

Reaction Score
Maybe I completely missed it but this is the first time I've seen someone in sports media acknowledge it was a meniscus injury. Given the recovery timeframe we were given and the terms used by the team as a "procedure" I figured that's what it was, but DraftExpress stated it in their writeup that was posted this morning.

The return of UConn's Stephon Castle

2024 NBA draft​

nba_givonys-top-100_16x9_608x342.jpg

Givony's big board: Top 25 prospects
Complete Top 100 rankings for 2024
Latest mock draft: Holland at No. 1
Who to watch on G League Ignite
I'm looking forward to the return of Castle, whom I wasn't able to see when UConn played Indiana and Texas last week at Madison Square Garden. Castle had right knee surgery for a meniscus injury that has kept him out of action since Nov. 11. Castle told ESPN's Myron Medcalf he is targeting the Huskies' game versus Kansas on Dec. 1, but sources told ESPN returning for the North Carolina game Dec. 5 or even the Gonzaga game on Dec. 15 is a possibility depending on his recovery. During his more recent action, Castle put up 17 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 steals in 25 minutes versus Stonehill. He has been drawing rave reviews from UConn's coaching staff for his defense, passing, versatility and coachability. -- Givony

Reaction Score
According to Hurley.

He's crushing the bike. Shoots a little. Sees the doctor today or tomorrow hoping to be cleared for more activity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom