another read on : uconn's future | Page 3 | The Boneyard

another read on : uconn's future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
William and Mary actually has a pretty damn good football program. They play in the A 10 which is like the SEC in FCS.
Yea I heard that William and Mary was probably going to be added as the SEC's 14th school

Reaction Score
There are some small time thinkers on this board. Fortunately, UConn, & the state of CT listened to Lew Perkins years ago.
Without big time football, there will be no basketball program.
1o years from now the super 64, or 80, whatever the number, will split from the NCAA. Everyone in the super list makes it to the big show in whatever respective sport(s) they are in. Everything else will be the equivalent of D-1AA in football today. The remaining BE hoops schools will find this out.

Basketball can survive without football. It only requires a strong and stable basketball conference. There is not enough financial incentive relative to the potential risks for even superconferences too break away from the others. The deep thinkers echoing the wild speculation of internet analysts may disagree, but history is not on their side and I don't feel the need to succumb to the hysteria.

Again, I am in favor of investing in football, but schools like UConn, Kentucky, Kansas and Duke have been able to keep up with the Jones's without strong football and will continue to do so.

Reaction Score
Yes the BE is bad also. I still can't understand Pitt and Syracuse going from one bad football conference to another bad one. Especially since both have bad media contracts.
That's the kind of thinking that gets a guy promoted pretty quickly in the Big East offices.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That's the kind of thinking that gets a guy promoted pretty quickly in the Big East offices.
LOL. I guess I'm one of those people who prefers not making my actions based on fear. But the handwriting was on the wall, so the first to jump will be looked at as both traitors and intelligent, depending on who people are and what circumstances they find themselves in.

Reaction Score
LOL. I guess I'm one of those people who prefers not making my actions based on fear. But the handwriting was on the wall, so the first to jump will be looked at as both traitors and intelligent, depending on who people are and what circumstances they find themselves in.
Agreed. They, and the ACC, definitely "blinked", but it ends well for them. They have stability now. I still would have liked to have seen this play out with TCU joining the league and what a new TV contract could have looked like. Our FB product (overall in the league) was on the up swing. Would have been a pretty good league really. Oh well, that's all in the past now (or will be soon).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Agreed. They, and the ACC, definitely "blinked", but it ends well for them. They have stability now. I still would have liked to have seen this play out with TCU joining the league and what a new TV contract could have looked like. Our FB product (overall in the league) was on the up swing. Would have been a pretty good league really. Oh well, that's all in the past now (or will be soon).
One thing I am not certain about is that this move gives the ACC stability. I can think of two scenarios in which FSU and one other ACC decent football team decides to leave this conference resulting in that conference treading water football wise. That is my concern for UConn should they join that conference. But they will keep their BCS bid in my scenarios even if the ACC becomes the Cleveland Indians of college bb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom