Andrew Luck Retires | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andrew Luck Retires

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I agree with most of this but the whole bit about his offensive line is off. Indy fans repeat it a lot but the Colts drafted 9 guys in the early rounds during his tenure.

That's a lot.

He had a tendency to hold the ball way too long.

Griegson was a total disaster of a GM and barely helped the OL. He did not draft 9 guys early. He drafted 3 bad ones of note. You are using 7th rounders to grease the numbers- 98% of those guys don't pan out. Its like buying a Ferrari and trying to run it on basic unleaded.

zls44

Reaction Score
Gotta agree with Gottlieb

Basic rule in life: If this is a sentence you're saying, you're wrong.

Andrew Luck owes nobody anything. He loved football, it broke his body. He gets to enjoy his life and his family. Anyone booing him can go right to hell. He is voluntarily walking away from nearly $60,000,000! Its one of the bravest things I've ever seen. You criticizing him is funny because there's a 0% chance you'd ever do anything like that. I wouldn't do it either! But he did. I've rarely respected a pro athlete more than him for doing this.

Colts fans should boo the crappy GM who didn't protect him.

What Ronnie Lott did was incredibly stupid and the worship of it has made lives worse for dozens of football players trying to live up to that idiotic example.

It's football. It isn't rocket science. We aren't ending hunger or doing surgery.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

This whole younger generation is so damn soft. “My ankle hurts, the mental stress is too much” please... Ronnie Lott got his finger tore off mid game, taped up the nub and went back out on the field. Plus you can’t even breathe on QB today without a flag.... We are witnessing the steady progression of the emasculated male. Either that or we’re give these players too much money. My mind is blown. He def deserved some of those boos.

Rant over

Andrew Luck is more of a real man than you'll ever be bro...this post itself reeks of softness

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Andrew Luck is more of a real man than you'll ever be bro...this post itself reeks of softness
Coming from you cupcake, that’s priceless. Thanks for the laugh

Reaction Score

This whole younger generation is so damn soft. “My ankle hurts, the mental stress is too much” please... Ronnie Lott got his finger tore off mid game, taped up the nub and went back out on the field. Plus you can’t even breathe on QB today without a flag.... We are witnessing the steady progression of the emasculated male. Either that or we’re give these players too much money. My mind is blown. He def deserved some of those boos.

Rant over

Not wanting to develop Alzheimer’s and being able to have a conversation with his grandkids someday isn’t soft. It’s intelligent.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Basic rule in life: If this is a sentence you're saying, you're wrong.

Andrew Luck owes nobody anything. He loved football, it broke his body. He gets to enjoy his life and his family. Anyone booing him can go right to hell. He is voluntarily walking away from nearly $60,000,000. Its one of the bravest things I've ever seen. You criticizing him is funny because there's a 0% chance you'd ever do anything like that. I wouldn't do it either. He did. I've rarely respected a pro athlete more than him for doing this.

Colts fans should boo the crappy GM who didn't protect him.

What Ronnie Lott did was incredibly stupid and the worship of it has made lives worse for dozens of football players trying to live up to that idiotic example.

It's football. It isn't rocket science. We aren't ending hunger or doing surgery.
Ha....Andrew Luck “the hero”, you can church it up all you want, in the end, the man quit on himself and his fellow brothers two weeks from the start of the season over a sore ankle. And you can only wish you were half the man of Ronnie Lott, would love for you to tell him that face to face and figure out who has the biggest nutsack. But by all mean play keyboard tough guy, you’re good at it my man

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Not wanting to develop Alzheimer’s and being able to have a conversation with his grandkids someday isn’t soft. It’s intelligent.
Oh that’s right because everyone who plays football has Alzheimer’s.... would love to see the actual percentage and see if that argument still holds true.

Here’s an idea, let’s just ban all sports that involve physical contact....

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Nah dude...you don't call someone like Andrew Luck soft behind a computer screen unless you've got some deep insecurities about your own status as a man. I hope you work on those issues, whatever they are.

I call it like I see it. And I’m not the only one. There was plenty in Indy who felt the same tonight. And I’m sure a few more in his very own locker room.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ha....Andrew Luck “the hero”, you can church it up all you want, in the end, the man quit on himself and his fellow brothers two weeks from the start of the season over a sore ankle. And you can only wish you were half the man of Ronnie Lott, would love for you to tell him that face to face and figure out who has the biggest nutsack. But by all mean play keyboard tough guy, you’re good at it my man

Try not to get Cheeto crumbs all over your keyboard when you get angry.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Looks like whoever taught you how to be a man forgot the bit on self-awareness.
Zinger!!!! Good one Stain

Sometimes the truth is unpopular, the man quit in his brothers, plain and simple. If he was coming back from multiple concussions or something similar, sure... I could see that. But a sore calf..... ya let’s give this guy a trophy for Hero of the Year!

zls44

Reaction Score
And you can only wish you were half the man of Ronnie Lott, would love for you to tell him that face to face and figure out who has the biggest nutsack. But by all mean play keyboard tough guy, you’re good at it my man

Ask Ronnie Lott what he thinks.

Ronnie Lott knows his days of misery are coming

“I have regrets,” he says on the pinky finger topic. “My kids look at it and say, ‘Why?’ ”

----------

I love snowflakes like you who are incapable of ever showing any human empathy or emotions because its cover for a massive emotional void that you're terrified to admit.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Given all the steroids Lott took, I'd like my chances. Don't believe me? Ask Ronnie Lott what he thinks.

Ronnie Lott knows his days of misery are coming

I love snowflakes like you who are incapable of ever showing any human empathy or emotions because its cover for a massive emotional void that you're terrified to admit.
Hahaha..., ya that’s it.

And let’s be honest here... if anyone of us is a snowflake, it’s a softy like yourself bro. Funny you would use that word.

As Seinfeld would say:
“Not that there’s anything wrong with that”

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hahaha..., ya that’s it.

And let’s be honest here... if anyone of us is a snowflake, it’s a softy like yourself bro. Funny you would use that word.

As Seinfeld would say:

Note to all Boneyarders: this is why you actually have to put time and effort into raising your sons.

zls44

Reaction Score
Hahaha..., ya that’s it.

As Seinfeld would say:

It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault.

Reaction Score
Oh that’s right because everyone who plays football has Alzheimer’s.... would love to see the actual percentage and see if that argument still holds true.

Here’s an idea, let’s just ban all sports that involve physical contact....
BTW, you got the Ronnie Lott story wrong.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I am struggling to follow the hate with this decision. He’s an employee who hates his job. We have all seen them in our life. Come to work and complain all the time, half effort, the whole deal. I have told others “hey, your unhappiness is on you. If you don’t dig this, leave and find something you do”. He did. I can’t hate that. And as for timing, it’s not like the morning of the super bowl. He’s been absent since the end of last year. We act like the athlete owes us something. It’s creepy.

Reaction Score
Saying Andrew Luck quit on the Colts is so disingenuous I don't even know where to start
I don't believe I said he quit on the Colt's. I said he quit, as in quit playing football.

quit: /kwit/
verb: quit; 3rd person present: quits; past tense: quit; past participle: quit; past tense: quitted; past participle: quitted; gerund or present participle: quitting
1. leave (a place), usually permanently.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
As expected someone is making andrew luck is weak arguments. This is why football will never die in America. People think so irrationally about it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Lol I love the meatheads making the argument that “tough” is when you play sports to the point that you wreck the only body you’re given to such a degree that by the time you’re 30 you’ve seen an operating table more times than many surgeons have. Because SPORTS!!!! Sports are macho!!!!

Lol, if you seriously care that much about sports that you think other people should put themselves through this for you, a. You need to find more things you enjoy in life, and b. You need to re-evaluate who tf you think you are. You are nobody. Other people don’t need to fit themselves into your definition of “tough.” Why are you so f’ng arrogant that you think anyone should give what your opinion is on their retirement?

People make choices in the best interest of themselves and their family. Andrew Luck made the right choice for Andrew Luck and Andrew Luck’s family. I’m sure it wasn’t easy. And I’m also sure that anyone who can’t just shrug and say good luck to him is a loser. Why do you care so much that a man decided he doesn’t want to play a sport anymore? It’s just sports. It’s not that big a deal. You need a new hobby. Those “fans” in Indy should be ashamed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom