Andrew Luck Retires | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Andrew Luck Retires

Reaction Score
Wonder if it came w/ a release of claims...

>>Luck could have owed the Colts $12.8 million as a pro-rated portion of the $32 million signing bonus the Colts gave him when he signed his five-year extension in 2016, and another $12 million in roster bonuses he was paid in March. But Indianapolis waived its right to recoup the money and is allowing Luck to keep it all, after the poundings he's taken and all he's given to the franchise. It is, in an official way, his parting gift.<<

Reaction Score
Gotta agree with Gottlieb

This whole younger generation is so damn soft. “My ankle hurts, the mental stress is too much” please... Ronnie Lott got his finger tore off mid game, taped up the nub and went back out on the field. Plus you can’t even breathe on QB today without a flag.... We are witnessing the steady progression of the emasculated male. Either that or we’re give these players too much money. My mind is blown. He def deserved some of those boos.

Rant over

Late to the party here, but just wanted to stop by and point and laugh at you because you deserve nothing but derision for this incredibly moronic and senseless post.

Let me put this in terminology you might understand (since you seem like someone who watches the local news):

“DUMB DUMB MAKES DUMB POST ON THE INTERNET; ARE THR ELDERY DOING MORE HARM THAN GOOD? STORY AT 11”

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wonder if it came w/ a release of claims...

>>Luck could have owed the Colts $12.8 million as a pro-rated portion of the $32 million signing bonus the Colts gave him when he signed his five-year extension in 2016, and another $12 million in roster bonuses he was paid in March. But Indianapolis waived its right to recoup the money and is allowing Luck to keep it all, after the poundings he's taken and all he's given to the franchise. It is, in an official way, his parting gift.<<

sort of goes againt the he’s soft angle

Reaction Score
He definitely loved football enough to dedicate his entire life to it and he also did not skip out on the responsibility to be a leader to his teammates and a student to his coaches. But he probably fell out of love with it. So he’s going to find a different career or a new direction in his life. I see nothing wrong with it.

Reaction Score
It’s not a great sign for Grigson that two of the guys you mentioned (he had been fired by the Nelson draft) have been largely middling starters on bad lines through their career (hard to judge Haeg at this point given his very small sample size). He just whiffed constantly and took some bad gambles on picks. Bottom line, Luck has to carry one of the least talented teams in football during much of his career. There were a handful of seasons where they made the playoffs but likely wouldn’t have sniffed 5 wins without him.

Kelly is good though. Castonzo was serviceable.

Reaction Score
Gotta agree with Gottlieb

This whole younger generation is so damn soft. “My ankle hurts, the mental stress is too much” please... Ronnie Lott got his finger tore off mid game, taped up the nub and went back out on the field. Plus you can’t even breathe on QB today without a flag.... We are witnessing the steady progression of the emasculated male. Either that or we’re give these players too much money. My mind is blown. He def deserved some of those boos.

Rant over

You come across as a huge p*$$y.

Reaction Score
Nah dude...you don't call someone like Andrew Luck soft behind a computer screen unless you've got some deep insecurities about your own status as a man. I hope you work on those issues, whatever they are.
sort of goes againt the he’s soft angle
I remember the mini-controversy of Irsay saying Luck's injury in 2017 was "in his head"

But now that it's all come out, you figure it'd look terrible if they took that money back

Luck will be fine outside of football regardless

Reaction Score
Late to the party here, but just wanted to stop by and point and laugh at you because you deserve nothing but derision for this incredibly moronic and senseless post.

Let me put this in terminology you might understand (since you seem like someone who watches the local news):

“DUMB DUMB MAKES DUMB POST ON THE INTERNET; ARE THR ELDERY DOING MORE HARM THAN GOOD? STORY AT 11”
You come across as a huge p*$$y.

Lol you just TL;dred me.

Yours was better.

Hat tip.

Reaction Score
He had me at "I woke up one Monday after a game and I had blood in my urine."
Yup.
I had a lot of hard weeks in the office, you know, but never did get to the point of pissing blood.
Guy had surgery on his finger in College. Multiple surgeries in the NFL, and a concussion.

How may guys posting on the Internet about this have ever pissed blood or had a concussion because of a tough day on the job? Or a labrum tear? Or significant high ankle pain with unknown cause?

I can't even imagine that I'd have the resolve to "finish the year so as not to let my guys down" when that means potentially exacerbating a bad ankle and not being in it mentally, subjecting me and everyone around me to bad results, both physically and win column wise. I hope that every one of his teammates putting on the gear each week respect his decision.

The clowns who have piled out of the clown-shame-car, who are they? Gottlieb and Dockich? Basketball players? Lol. Clown 1 and Clown 2.

There is a trend - not sure if it's an internet culture thing or what. More and more, people have long memories for perceived slights, but very short memories for past good deeds.

This guy gave them a bunch of great years and 4 playoff appearances. He should have gotten a standing O when the news broke. Clowns 3 through about 10,000 there.

Do those fan clowns still remember tanking to get Luck, winning the "Suck for Luck" competition they were having with Miami?

Guy woke up with blood in his urine. I'd probably have to trip over the large stapler and take a header into the copy machine to even see externally leeched blood.

Kudos to the Colts for letting him keep the money.

Thanks for the memories Mr. Luck. Get on enjoying life, without the theater of violence.

Reaction Score
The man is keeping it real. If I was in his shoes with 100 mil, I'd probably retire, too. No amount of money makes up for chronic health issues. Health is wealth.

I'm surprised Stafford is still going at it in Detroit.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
The nerds on this message board (not all of boneyard) are hilarious.

I’ve endured:
- Multiple concussions
- torn labrum
- torn pec
- tooth through cheek
- 4 reconstructive knee surgeries (acl, mcl, pcl)
- and ankle sprains galore

still graduated Summa cum laude and went to med school.

Football is a brotherhood, sure I can be a little insensitive, but you don’t quit on your brothers 2 weeks from the start of the season. You don’t think I had periods of doubt throughout all those injuries? The difference being he had a couple million to lean back on. But like a poster said earlier in the thread, it’s most likely a generational thing. Kids are just softer these days.

All in all, I still have no regrets, some of the best times of my life. Especially the hard times, showed me resilience, loyalty, and perseverance.

Imo, they pay these players way too much money.

Reaction Score

I’ve endured:
- Multiple concussions
- torn labrum
- torn pec
- tooth through cheek

Football is a brotherhood, sure I can be a little insensitive, but you don’t quit on your brothers 2 weeks from the start of the season. You don’t think I had periods of doubt throughout all those injuries? The difference being he had a couple million to lean back on. But like a poster said earlier in the thread, it’s most likely a generational thing. Kids are just softer these days.

All in all, I still have no regrets, some of the best times of my life. Especially the hard times, showed me resilience, loyalty, and perseverance.

Internet tough guy is tough. More news at 11:00...

Reaction Score

I’ve endured:
- Multiple concussions
- torn labrum
- torn pec
- tooth through cheek

Not sure what’s more impressive:

The fact you graduated from med school or the fact you graduated from med school and are still stupid enough to make this post

Reaction Score

I’ve endured:
- Multiple concussions
- torn labrum
- torn pec
- tooth through cheek

Oh my god you're insufferable. Just go away

Reaction Score

I’ve endured:
- Multiple concussions
- torn labrum
- torn pec
- tooth through cheek

I was waiting for the post where you compared your struggles to Luck's. Thanks for this.

Reaction Score
Griegson was a total disaster of a GM and barely helped the OL. He did not draft 9 guys early. He drafted 3 bad ones of note. You are using 7th rounders to grease the numbers- 98% of those guys don't pan out. Its like buying a Ferrari and trying to run it on basic unleaded.
I completely agree. The poor guy got destroyed for a couple years in a row. With a good line early in his career, he’d still be playing.

Reaction Score

I’ve endured:
- Multiple concussions
- torn labrum
- torn pec
- tooth through cheek

Stop with the brotherhood talk - it may be in hs/college its strictly business in the NFL. Guys have no issue holding out, taking FA deals - the allegiance is to the green, don’t kid yourself.

I don’t cate what injuries you’ve had, your academic standing, etc (btw bringing that up makes you look like a - are you, i have no idea, but its a bad look) because it makes no difference to this conversation.

You are loyal to your paycheck in pro sports nothing else. Its a job - i know this because I've had very pointed conversations with friends that have. had long and short careers in the NFL.

Guy did what was good for him - just what he should do.

Reaction Score

I’ve endured:
- Multiple concussions
- torn labrum
- torn pec
- tooth through cheek

because you and Andrew Luck are equal. At the end of the day sports are a job and he chose to quit his job kudos to him for being smart enough to walk away with his life still in tact and not struggling with memory issues or CTE.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Hahaha... you guys are insufferable, the truth is no matter what I say the groupthink, mob mentality confirmation bias of the message board is astounding. Sad really.

Just go ahead and form a circle jerk already, you’re halfway there.

And btw, yes in the pros it’s bout the green, but when you play a sport where you have to rely on the man next to you for your own well being it becomes a lil more than that. Not that most of the glee club on here would know anything about that. But I digress, have a nice day ya’ll, go Huskies! and let’s go back to the old logo this new one blows

Reaction Score
Hahaha... you guys are insufferable, the truth is no matter what I say the groupthink, mob mentality confirmation bias of the message board is astounding. Sad really.

Just go ahead and form a circle jerk already, you’re halfway there.

And btw, yes in the pros it’s bout the green, but when you play a sport where you have to rely on the man next to you for your own well being it becomes a lil more than that. Not that most of the glee club on here would know anything about that. But I digress, have a nice day ya’ll, go Huskies! and let’s go back to the old logo this new one blows

There are no mob issues here sammy you're just on the other end of the majorities thinking. It's ok that you think he should have given this more thought for this year or figured it out at the end of last but you have been insufferable calling everyone nerds or soft because they disagree. Guessing there are people here that have had injuries like yours (you're not the only athlete on this board I promise) and some even like his but also pretty sure none have made the dollars he has and are given ample opportunity to stop playing the game they love in order to have a complete life for their family. You and Andrew are worlds apart and not trying to get away from the strongest, roided athletes on earth trying to get yo to the CTE center.

He made a smart move, timing may have been bad to some but yet another preseason of pain and not knowing how many games he'd play made it abrupt. Good for him.

Reaction Score

I’ve endured:
- Multiple concussions
- torn labrum
- torn pec
- tooth through cheek

Who should get the money that’s taken away away from the players?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom