Andrew Adams to the Giants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andrew Adams to the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Berhe: A SS in college, injury prone.
Thompson: Unproven, 5th round pick, missed all of his rookie year.
DThompson: Rookie, throwing Collins to the wolves last year proved ineffective for him, different players and positions though, who knows.

I can't believe we couldn't find a decent veteran holdover for one year.
I agree on the last point.

For some reason they seem to like Mykelle Thompson who even at a 5th round pick was a reach. I think Collins will be very good once he has someone competent playing FS with him. What they asked him to do last year was absurd, Merriweather was awful, so he basically had to play both safeties positions at once.

They will need someone to emerge at FS, my bet is Darien Thompson, but since everyone is unproven Adams will have a chance to make the roster

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I agree on the last point.

For some reason they seem to like Mykelle Thompson who even at a 5th round pick was a reach. I think Collins will be very good once he has someone competent playing FS with him. What they asked him to do last year was absurd, Merriweather was awful, so he basically had to play both safeties positions at once.

They will need someone to emerge at FS, my bet is Darien Thompson, but since everyone is unproven Adams will have a chance to make the roster
Most draft niks didn't have Thompson getting drafted. It was a very odd pick, but the 5-7 rounds are hit and miss anyways. I was elated when I checked my phone at work and found out we took DT(Darien) in the third, I just remembered many mocks having him in the early-middle second. That being said, having a second year safety pair up with a rookie kinda scares me. Now without Beason we don't seem to have a leader on defense, or a proven veteran to show these kids the ropes. Unlike many Giants fans, for some reason I do believe in JR, and hopefully him and staff see something in this group of safety the fans don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom