Andrew Adams to the Giants | The Boneyard

Andrew Adams to the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm pretty shocked he didn't get drafted. The Giants is the perfect place for him. There is no starting safety next to Collins right now so he will have a great shot to make the 53

Reaction Score
I'm pretty shocked he didn't get drafted. The Giants is the perfect place for him. There is no starting safety next to Collins right now so he will have a great shot to make the 53
Agree, I am shocked that no UCONN player was drafted, but I do feel at least a few will find the league through free agency. As for Andrew I am as happy as you are for him but do be aware he is going to have to earn it as they all do. He will be competing with their 3rd round pick Darian Thompson from Boise State.
2016 New York Giants draft picks: Analysis for every selection
Good luck Andrew, GO DOGS!

Reaction Score
he can definitely join the pack there...another position Jerry Reese drafts/signs undrafted F/A'a at every year.

Reaction Score
Agree, I am shocked that no UCONN player was drafted, but I do feel at least a few will find the league through free agency. As for Andrew I am as happy as you are for him but do be aware he is going to have to earn it as they all do. He will be competing with their 3rd round pick Darian Thompson from Boise State.
2016 New York Giants draft picks: Analysis for every selection
Good luck Andrew, GO DOGS!

Honestly? With no homer glasses on? I think Adams is better than Thompson and I think Thompson was the worst pick in the Giants draft. Adams does everything Thompson does and does it better. Wouldn't be surprised if Thompson was picked to be a LB

Reaction Score
I'm not shocked. Adams played good vs the competition he faced but lets be honest here it wasn't Bama or Ohio State or any top 10 school receivers he was battling. I'm not saying he won't earn a pay check in the NFL. I'm only saying that it's tough for pro scouts to accurately gauge his talents when he hasn't faced the best competition. The AAC improves year after year to be sure but to compete with the top 10 in the country it's gonna be a few more years. As of 2016 Houston seems the closest to playoff eligibility and guess what? 6-7 UConn beat them last year.

UConn is in a very unique position. They are in a league that grants them the time to construct, from scratch, a legit division 1 football program along with cultivating a fan base from a media rich but to date not historically college football friendly region. With success they could become the next Penn State in the North East. Something Syracuse and BC dreamed of being but never quite made it. The AAC does have exceptional national exposure given their relative age as a league. That can only help the Huskies once the next major conference re-alignment starts to unfold.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I like the that he landed in New York and think he has a excellent chance to make the 53 man roster especially with who is there at FS now.
Congrats Andrew

Reaction Score
I'm not shocked. Adams played good vs the competition he faced but lets be honest here it wasn't Bama or Ohio State or any top 10 school receivers he was battling. I'm not saying he won't earn a pay check in the NFL. I'm only saying that it's tough for pro scouts to accurately gauge his talents when he hasn't faced the best competition. The AAC improves year after year to be sure but to compete with the top 10 in the country it's gonna be a few more years. As of 2016 Houston seems the closest to playoff eligibility and guess what? 6-7 UConn beat them last year.

UConn is in a very unique position. They are in a league that grants them the time to construct, from scratch, a legit division 1 football program along with cultivating a fan base from a media rich but to date not historically college football friendly region. With success they could become the next Penn State in the North East. Something Syracuse and BC dreamed of being but never quite made it. The AAC does have exceptional national exposure given their relative age as a league. That can only help the Huskies once the next major conference re-alignment starts to unfold.

One could easily argue that he faced a bunch of very good wide receivers & tight ends in the AAC.

Keyarris Garrett, Shaq Washington, Bryce Williams, Demarcus Ayers, Mekale McKay. These kids will be competing for spots in the NFL. The B10 has kids like Burbridge, Allison, Michael Thomas, Carroo and Braxton Miller. But again, not a lot of NFL types.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

Players get drafted highly out of Div 1-AA all the time. If you are a good player, scouts see you. It is about measurables and production. Adams was not as good or productive as other guys that got drafted from UCONN. There were missed tackles and other areas that needed improvement. That being said, I hope he makes it.

Reaction Score

Thompson played at Boise. He didn't play against Bama or Ohio State either. Please explain.

Reaction Score
I am rooting hard for Adam's, but I just don't think he is going to stick. He is very poor against the run and has lapses when in coverage. Does have a knack for interceptions, though.

Reaction Score
I am rooting hard for Adam's, but I just don't think he is going to stick. He is very poor against the run and has lapses when in coverage. Does have a knack for interceptions, though.
Adams missed a lot of tackles, that is likely the reason he is an UDFA.

That said, that is fixable.

Reaction Score
I've said this before, but I think Adams is a better player than it appears from my couch. I think he covered a lot of Obi's and the LB's deficiencies and when Adams was on his game, the defense really clicked.

No, he may not be an nfl talent, but I think he will be the player we miss the most noticeably next year.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Honestly? With no homer glasses on? I think Adams is better than Thompson and I think Thompson was the worst pick in the Giants draft. Adams does everything Thompson does and does it better. Wouldn't be surprised if Thompson was picked to be a LB
This post is a real scratchier. A LB? No chance. Adams was not even considered a draftable prospect by most people who do this for a living, but you think he is a better prospect then a guy most people had as the 4th best safety in the draft? Thompson had a chance to be a first rounder if he ran better at the combine where he was sick.

It will be hard for Adams to make the team to be honest, despite the fact he has only boarder line NFL talent, he is not beating out Collins, Thompson, or Behre, and they seem to like Mykele Thompson and Bennett Jackson. So if they keep 6 safeties, which would be surprising, he will have to beat out Cooper Taylor and Justin Currie or maybe Jackson moves to corner.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This post is a real scratchier. A LB? No chance. Adams was not even considered a draftable prospect by most people who do this for a living, but you think he is a better prospect then a guy most people had as the 4th best safety in the draft? Thompson had a chance to be a first rounder if he ran better at the combine where he was sick.

It will be hard for Adams to make the team to be honest, despite the fact he has only boarder line NFL talent, he is not beating out Collins, Thompson, or Behre, and they seem to like Mykele Thompson and Bennett Jackson. So if they keep 6 safeties, which would be surprising, he will have to beat out Cooper Taylor and Justin Currie or maybe Jackson moves to corner.

The reason I think he has a chance to stick is because the Giant's had lousy free safeties on the team last year and Adams has been solid and steady, unlike what the Giant's have now. He has a chance to make the 53 man roster or at least has a chance to make the practice squad. He needs to play well on special teams and tackle well. if he can do that he has a chance.

Reaction Score
The reason I think he has a chance to stick is because the Giant's had lousy free safeties on the team last year and Adams has been solid and steady, unlike what the Giant's have now. He has a chance to make the 53 man roster or at least has a chance to make the practice squad. He needs to play well on special teams and tackle well. if he can do that he has a chance.
He has a chance, but what they had last year is not what they have this year. They drafted Thompson, and they get Nat Behre, Mykelle Thompson, and Bennett Jackson back from injuries. All of them missed the entire year. So what they had last year, which was no one outside of Collins, is not what they have this year. Obviously injuries can happen again, but they have some depth at that position now.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He has a chance, but what they had last year is not what they have this year. They drafted Thompson, and they get Nat Behre, Mykelle Thompson, and Bennett Jackson back from injuries. All of them missed the entire year. So what they had last year, which was no one outside of Collins, is not what they have this year. Obviously injuries can happen again, but they have some depth at that position now.
Berhe: A SS in college, injury prone.
Thompson: Unproven, 5th round pick, missed all of his rookie year.
DThompson: Rookie, throwing Collins to the wolves last year proved ineffective for him, different players and positions though, who knows.

I can't believe we couldn't find a decent veteran holdover for one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom