Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN

Reaction Score
If Hurley and Andre are certain he's a first round pick Hurley will lovingly push him out the door but it's going to hard for him to leave. I don't ever remember another player who loves UConn as much as Andre does and he's clearly Hurley's favorite player he's ever coached. Hurley is in awe of him and it's much closer than a coach player relationship.

Tough break for Andrew!

(It might still be EC, but Andre is up there)

arch

Reaction Score
El-Amin's problem was that he's a 5'10 fat guy. He improved his game in his junior season and proved he could play offense in the NBA but nobody gave him a chance because they didn't think he could cut it on D.
I think it was more than “they didn’t think he could cut it on D”. Also, didn’t he get chosen to all rookie NBA team? If so, that might suggest that he got a chance, no?

Reaction Score
Lol, he may be a cautionary tale, but he’s not a “this guy left college too early” cautionary tale disagree.
I respectfully disagree. Bouk would have benefited from another year both on the court and off. Grow physically, work on defense, become more mature, more self aware, more responsible, many more mores but I'll stop here

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Newton better be using this time to troll for NIL cash.

Reaction Score
If Andre does come back my question for you NBA fans is how many college seniors get drafted in the first round? Not many I believe. His draft value may never be higher. And those that think he should come back to work on his shot. What do you think NBA players do that are serious about their game? They work on what they need to improve on and take care of their bodies with the best coaches in the world. Andre will do what he needs to do to elevate his game, contrary to a recent UConn draft pick.

Reaction Score
Andre surely has the athleticism and determination to be a first rounder. Obviously I would love to see him back for one more season, but if he’s got the opportunity to be drafted then he needs to seize that opportunity.

It’s truly my belief that if he does stay one more year he will be in the gym night in night out working on his shot as well as ways to create his shot. He does that and he’s guaranteed lottery pick next year.

Might be my favorite husky of all time.

Reaction Score
Smart move. Best of luck to Andre in the process!

Smart move by Ajax. I would hope Sanogo does the same. If they get a guarantee of a first round selection they should both go. That being said i have to be honest i dont think Ajax is ready for the NBA game. Hes Ben Simmons 2.o but smaller.

Reaction Score
Future UConn Head Coach Andre Jackson Jr.
I could completely see him become a head coach somewhere, especially UConn. His basketball IQ is very high. Sometimes it doesn't look that way to others when he gets over emotional, but when his emotions are under control, like it was in Feb-April, it's more obvious to non-UConn fans.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think it's a virtual certainty that he's going to be outside the top 20 but if somebody guarantees that they're taking him at the back end of the first round he's gotta go. I don't get this notion that he has to go if he's a second rounder. I think he's pretty much guaranteed to be picked by somebody in the second round but I'm not sure that's better than coming back to UConn for another year. The second round will be there next year.

Not to mention one more year will get him a degree. I agree 100% he needs to go if he's guaranteed a first, but the kid clearly loves it here so there's value in coming back vs. rolling the dice on a potential non-guaranteed deal.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It is interesting that no one has made the Lonzo Ball comparison. Does any one remember how bad a shooter he was. If he can become enough of a shooter to make it the nba why can’t Andre. Ball is a point guard. My assessment is that Ball was better at scoring on penetration to the rim but Andre was starting to get better as the tourney moved along. I have not checked percentages but Andre shoots free throws at least as good as Ball . They are both great passers. Both have great handle. Both are listed at 6’6” although to my eye Andre looks bigger. Andre is a much better defender. Andre clearly gets all high marks as a quality person. I am guessing this comparison has not been made since Ball has not played in quite some time dealing with a bum knee. Shows you what marketing does, good for show and it got him noticed but in the end all the drama with his Dad did not help his career long term. Andre already knows who he is and is not trying to be something he is not. Ball got it together after his father toned the bs down.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Andre career FT% 71%. Ball NBA career FT%54.6%. Ball has gotten better every year. Andre shot 90% as Freshman small sample size. 71% as a Sophomore and regressed to 65% this year. But he did make some big FT early in the year.

Reaction Score
Andre has a little Billy Martin in him. It gets the better of him but it also makes him better.

Reaction Score
Andre, simply one of the greatest Huskies to ever wear the uniform. That said I want him to have a better jump shot for his future success. Why he hasn’t gotten it yet I don’t understand because he’s had plenty of coaching and time here at UCONN. We all wonder the same thing but maybe he can shoot both ways but his old way gets better results in games and he’s reluctant to do it under pressure?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree. Bouk would have benefited from another year both on the court and off. Grow physically, work on defense, become more mature, more self aware, more responsible, many more mores but I'll stop here
Bouk turned into a negative for the team. Bad attitude...bad disposition on the court...had to do it all. Worlds of talent and I loved him, but he was not part of a cohesive team and was not the type to put the team first.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's any coincidence that Andre made this announcement right after @Storrs South season compilation came out. NBA scouts watched it and were like "oh...that's how they won it all in spectacular fashion." Danny's phone was ringing off the hook. Thanks @Storrs South !!!
If Andre wants to hire me as his publicist I would happily accept

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Duke's Deep Pockets

'21-'22 Rookie Salaries

It's a business deal. He'll make the right choice when he gets more data. Super together kid.

Breaks down something like this according to the attached.

Top 10 pick=guaranteed 4years approx. 28mill.
Top 20 pick=guaranteed 4years approx. 14mill.
2nd round=approx 1-4+mill.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Andre leaving would create a huge void for next season, but testing the waters is unquestionably the right move for him.

Sitting here kind of stunned thinking we may have seen Andre in UConn uniform for the last time. Sanogo and Hawkins were expected. This one caught me off guard even though it makes perfect sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom