Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Andre leaving would create a huge void for next season, but testing the waters is unquestionably the right move for him.

Sitting here kind of stunned thinking we may have seen Andre in UConn uniform for the last time. Sanogo and Hawkins were expected. This one caught me off guard even though it makes perfect sense.
Nothing's happened yet. But I agree. Watch StorrsSouth vid and you're like, geez, that kid's probably the most important player/play-maker/leader on the team. He's unique and irreplaceable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dude, if he was fine being a 2nd rounder he wouldn't be keeping his eligibility
If he is a second rounder. He will stay in draft.

This isn’t 2010. The rules are different and second round picks are valuable now. Mock drafts are BS until workouts.

Andre needs to understand what his worth is.

Y’all act like Jackson is less of a prospect than sanogo. Jackson will go higher than sanogo.

Reaction Score
But a VERY talented guy called James Bouknight is not making much of an impact. And he has some pretty slick skills. A cautionary tale.
What is cautionary? The reason Bouknight isn’t playing in Charlotte has nothing to do with his basketball ability, and everything to do with his professional behavior.

And, he got major money to sign in Charlotte.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
While not the best shooter (I think he can get to 35% 3 point shooting with time) he will excel in open court style of the NBA. Beautiful to think we’re back to multiple players in the same draft. Best of luck to this young man in his process

Reaction Score
To all the Andre naysayers this year that slammed him for not having a shot, I’d like to say screw you! An athlete like Andre doesn’t come around to often. We were lucky to have him. Think he’ll get an offer he can’t refuse. Under NBA tutelage he’ll developed an outside shot and learn to drive effectively. Good luck to you Andre! And thank you!

Reaction Score
Andre is a wonderful guy and great team mate and it saddens me to see he might be premature. He has the kind of skills that can only get better. Time will tell who's right here. But he will be the guy who either benefits or crashes and will have to live with the decision. I hope he comes back and hones his offensive game. To me I think that will be what really skyrocket his value.
His development won’t stop once he leaves college. He’ll have plenty of resources in the NBA to work on his offensive game.

Reaction Score
A lot of his skills translate to the NBA. One thing is that most teams have some oretty goid shooters already. Secondly he's just the kind of guy you want on your team from a leadership and effort standpoint. It's really a numbers game at this point. What does a team need and who's available at what cost.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
15% last year (24/159) and 30% in 2021 (88/297)
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Reaction Score
Just the BBIQ, high-level ball distribution, and defensive skills in this 2min video scream late 1st round/early 2nd round AT WORST. Throw in a view of @Storrs South 's season highlights (peppered with tons of athletic alley-oop dunks, transition dunks) and I wouldn't be surprised to see a team fall in love and take AJ mid-first round. He will have a serviceable outside game in 1-2 years whether he works on it at UConn or at the Pro level.

Would love to have him back, but I think he's gonna ball out in the combine and workouts.

Reaction Score
Couple of teams with two or three picks in first round this year.. If they end up keeping them... Crazier things have happened.. Elite poker playing leading up to the draft..

Many of Andre's skills you can't teach.. Some will need to be developed..

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bouk turned into a negative for the team. Bad attitude...bad disposition on the court...had to do it all. Worlds of talent and I loved him, but he was not part of a cohesive team and was not the type to put the team first.
This is just plain wrong. His getting drafted where he did was a major postive for the program. And he played on a team with selfish players as a frosh, I put any blame in that category on the shoot-first upperclassmen there at the time.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Bouk turned into a negative for the team. Bad attitude...bad disposition on the court...had to do it all. Worlds of talent and I loved him, but he was not part of a cohesive team and was not the type to put the team first.
How do ppl infer these things with little to no data to support it? Dude came back from a bad elbow injury to help his team when his own best interest was probably to sit out the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
How do ppl infer these things with little to no data to support it? Dude came back from a bad elbow injury to help his team when his own best interest was probably to sit out the rest of the season.
some revisionist history at its finest with some of these people...obviously he's had some issues in the NBA, but he was very clearly all-in while he was here like you said with coming back from the elbow injury

Reaction Score
in an era of shooting and space, you need versatile defenders who can guard multiple positions. Look at Celtics. They just switch everything.

Shooting is critical in NBA game, but so is defense, passing, athleticism and Court vision. I know it is hard to believe, but Jackson is gonna end up being a passable 3-point shooter.

Also, unlike a non-shooter like Ben Simmons, Jackson can impact the game off the ball.

Also. Learned this from a former pro coach…effort is a talent. You play 82 games in nba. He is gonna show up in February in OKC when the team is .500 and coming off a back to back.

Worst case for him is a two way minimum that is worth $500k first year. I bet he gets drafted and signs a full roster contract.

He is weird. The hard things he does extremely well. The easy things? He has to work on it.

But athleticism, pace and passing vision are things you can’t teach.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If he is a second rounder. He will stay in draft.

This isn’t 2010. The rules are different and second round picks are valuable now. Mock drafts are BS until workouts.

Andre needs to understand what his worth is.

Y’all act like Jackson is less of a prospect than sanogo. Jackson will go higher than sanogo.

He obviously would get drafted in the second round if he doesn't go in the first. He knows that. If he was OK with being drafted 50th, he'd have foregone his eligibility.

You're trying to lecture people about things we already know but failing to grasp the very simple point that he wouldn't entertain coming back if he was dead set on going pro.

Maybe his mind changes but that's where it is right now.

Reaction Score
in an era of shooting and space, you need versatile defenders who can guard multiple positions. Look at Celtics. They just switch everything.

Shooting is critical in NBA game, but so is defense, passing, athleticism and Court vision. I know it is hard to believe, but Jackson is gonna end up being a passable 3-point shooter.

Also, unlike a non-shooter like Ben Simmons, Jackson can impact the game off the ball.

Also. Learned this from a former pro coach…effort is a talent. You play 82 games in nba. He is gonna show up in February in OKC when the team is .500 and coming off a back to back.

Worst case for him is a two way minimum that is worth $500k first year. I bet he gets drafted and signs a full roster contract.

He is weird. The hard things he does extremely well. The easy things? He has to work on it.

But athleticism, pace and passing vision are things you can’t teach.
I think he will be a stud probably on the all defensive team. Sure, his lack of a good shot is a big issue but the man has everything else in spades. He should have an excellent career.

Reaction Score
Fit is everything for a guy like Andre. Hopefully he lands in a place with a winning culture and proven player development. Hoping he avoids a team like Houston, Detroit, Washington, teams that just can’t seem to dig themselves out of the lottery. A good team will definitely take a chance on him, just imagine him as a bench/role player on one of these playoff teams. I’d loveeee to see him on a team like the Celtics and get a chance to play along side guys like Tatum, Brown, White, and Horford.

Reaction Score

It feels odd to take a pro-Ben Simmons position because he's a mental midget who's absolutely gone off the deep end between his ears but you're talking about a former #1 draft pick and NBA Rookie of the Year who, pre-injuries, was getting votes for NBA DPOY and was on an NBA All-Defense team.

Your second round take continues to be a strange one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom