Andre Jackson Paasing - No Points for Degree of Difficulty | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Paasing - No Points for Degree of Difficulty

Reaction Score
Agree. He plays fast. Which at is his edge. Add quick 2 foot explosive jumper allows him to get to ball quicker and at higher level. His missing shots, a lot, probably helped with knowing angles off rim. I kid. Just playing, not. He plays so fast at times to fast for his teammates. And at times to fast for himself.

Reaction Score
Agree, though I think some of those turnovers are due to him seeing things that nobody else realizes is there including the intended pass recipient.

I’d also say he needs to have confidence in the open shot. Yesterday he was open to dunk the ball and kicked it out. While I appreciate the selflessness, take the sure two points and get back on defense.
I’m not sure that he was aware of how open he actually was and was probably expecting someone to be on him the second he got the ball

Reaction Score
Ok if the handle speaks for Chief then who speaks for the handle?

You're giving me Wizard vibes from Oz.
It’s getting philosophical- Speaks for themself

Reaction Score
Calhoun would run an open tempo drill in practice where it would be one fast break after another back and forth, up and down the court at Gampel. Guys filling the wings, Pass after pass. If you made a bad one, you would really screw it up and it would be very noticeable……and that wouldn’t be a good thing for you. LOL
Maybe, we should bring that back? It teaches guys to be uptempo without the unhealthy hurry, unselfish and value the ball. Helps on endurance too and even more so if you mess up with a bad pass. LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, Robert Parish used to smoke high-quality cannabis after tough games.
Perhaps the Boneyard's Chief00 does the same, which helps explain Chief00's sometimes confusion about the use of "I" or "me," and "Chief."
And parish was on the receiving end of passes from bird. I remember watching bird in college. His passing was great. But ahead of some of his teammates

Reaction Score
Calhoun would run an open tempo drill in practice where it would be one fast break after another back and forth, up and down the court at Gampel. Guys filling the wings, Pass after pass. If you made a bad one, you would really screw it up and it would be very noticeable……and that wouldn’t be a good thing for you. LOL
Maybe, we should bring that back? It teaches guys to be uptempo without the unhealthy hurry, unselfish and value the ball. Helps on endurance too and even more so if you mess up with a bad pass. LOL

Since you must be at every practice to factually make this comment at what is/isnt happening at practice, why don't you just have this conversation directly with the Coaches?

Reaction Score
Ok if the handle speaks for Chief then who speaks for the handle?

You're giving me Wizard vibes from Oz.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! LOL

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The truth of it is that Jackson is not actually a good passer, yet. He certainly has the potential to be one. He has good vision and is unselfish, but he tries to make far too many difficult passes, puts too much heat on too many passes. The game still needs to slow down for him a bit more. He needs more finesse in his passing game and to understand what's a good pass and what is not.
He idolizes Pistol Pete, and tries to model his game after him. Pete threw a lot of passes the target never saw coming, too. Until they learned to play with him, anyway. He'd be better off modeling his game after Elgin Baylor. Baylor's passes were just as uncanny as Maravich's but much more consistently catchable without reaching or breaking stride.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
AJ is playing much better than earlier this season, but his handle is horrible. An time he puts it on the floor is a TO waiting yo happen. Let him pass into the post, but the driving into traffic is a gift to the opponent.

Reaction Score
Since you must be at every practice to factually make this comment at what is/isnt happening at practice, why don't you just have this conversation directly with the Coaches?
I never directly give unsolicited advice to coaches. They hear enough of that, from enough of people. It’s a difficult job. If something naturally comes up in conversation, I sometimes share my opinion.

Reaction Score
Oh I think I get it now. You are using "I" here because you are talking about yourself outside of the forum. In real life. Talking with the coaches and stuff. Yep. Am I catching on?

Reaction Score
Oh I think I get it now. You are using "I" here because you are talking about yourself outside of the forum. In real life. Talking with the coaches and stuff. Yep. Am I catching on?
Are you an English Professor?
Best Regards, Chief

Reaction Score
He idolizes Pistol Pete, and tries to model his game after him. Pete threw a lot of passes the target never saw coming, too. Until they learned to play with him, anyway. He'd be better off modeling his game after Elgin Baylor. Baylor's passes were just as uncanny as Maravich's but much more consistently catchable without reaching or breaking stride.
Imo it doesn't matter who he idolizes, it's up to the coach/coaches to channel how he plays and how to separate idolizing and playing. When I played I idolized Walt Clyde Frazier and was pulled aside quite a few times to tone it down. Coach Hurley seems to be ok with AJ doing this because he brings other intangibles to the team.

Reaction Score
Something I've noticed particularly when at games. Andre has the right idea with many of his bad passes. The thing he does wrong is make them harder than they need to be. Way too many no look passes that are close but are lacking the accuracy that a regular pass would have.

Reaction Score
Something I've noticed particularly when at games. Andre has the right idea with many of his bad passes. The thing he does wrong is make them harder than they need to be. Way too many no look passes that are close but are lacking the accuracy that a regular pass would have.
Chief thinks you are exactly right. No reason for the French Pastry when plain vanilla works for a hoop.

Reaction Score
Imo it doesn't matter who he idolizes, it's up to the coach/coaches to channel how he plays and how to separate idolizing and playing. When I played I idolized Walt Clyde Frazier and was pulled aside quite a few times to tone it down. Coach Hurley seems to be ok with AJ doing this because he brings other intangibles to the team.
He is a great kid and his family is wonderful - he just needs to tighten up his game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom