Andre Jackson Comparison | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Comparison

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
He reminds me a lot of Josh Hart on the Knicks, minus the shooting of course, but hopefully he can improve his shot.
This is a good comparison Andre is bigger. I am a casual Knicks fan because what else can you be, but they have been a better team since Hart joined them. If Andre can develop any type of offensive game he would be a better version than Hart because of his size.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Considering his athleticism, desire to defend and work ethic (with albeit what would be a very limited NBA skill set) I think ideally his goal should to become a modern version of Michael Cooper (a name from the past).

Reaction Score
I am comparing him to a former UCONN player, Donny Marshall. I just remember Donnie‘s hustle and athletic ability. It wasn’t until his junior and senior year he started to become a better shooter. Whatever- call me crazy

Reaction Score
I am comparing him to a former UCONN player, Donny Marshall. I just remember Donnie‘s hustle and athletic ability. It wasn’t until his junior and senior year he started to become a better shooter. Whatever- call me crazy
No, Donny had some shooting ability from day 1. Andre can be taught a conventional jump shot, he’s athletic as hell. Hire Ray, Rip, Caron to work with him this summer.

Reaction Score
He reminds me of more athletic versions of Jason Kidd and Rondo. Kidd was much better getting to the rim, but had amazing vision. Rondo was a better defender.
At least at the next level, Kidd developed a decent shot which really expanded what he could do. Rondo never really devoped a steady shot, but the defense translated.

I think as a teammate and general human being, Jackson is lighyears ahead of them both.

Reaction Score
If I could watch Andre start the game subbed with Scott Burell and back and forth the rest of the game, that would be a game full of non-stop athletic highlights.

Reaction Score
Minus the ability to shoot
Draymond's NBA career: 45% FG, 31% 3p, 71% FT, 7 FG attempts/game
Andre's CBB career: 43% FG, 29% 3p, 70% FT, 5 FG attempts/game (6 this year)

I specifically chose Green as the comp because of his inability to shoot efficiently, and the infrequency of which he does decide to shoot.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not sure if there is a comparative. He is not a good offensive player at all. He should be grabbing more rebounds and most games he has several WTH moments He would be an great track star and could be a really good football wideout.
BUT he is the straw that stirs this team. This team doesn’t win the NC without him. It’s hard to pinpoint but it’s his aura that is infectious and it seeps into all his teammates. He has the leader persona off the court. He is the bandleader. He’s AJ and I am glad he wears a UConn uniform.

Reaction Score
He is Andre Jackson. Period. A unique player whose skill set doesn't really compare to anyone.

Reaction Score
can’t believe nobody gets the simmons comparison

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Jackson’s most eye-catching quality is his intensity, whereas Simmons’ often has no intensity

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
You'll need to be of a certain age to relate to this but I told my brother back in December that Andre reminder me of Ricochet Rabbit.

Ring Ring Ring! Ricochet Jackson.

Reaction Score
I don't see it. Simmons was a 20 and 10 guy as a freshman before being the #1 pick, rookie of the year, three time all-star, and two time 1st team all defense. He looked like he was on his way to being a superstar who would have a hall of fame career before the wheels completely came off due to mental health and injury. He's way bigger than Jackson and was way more skilled.

No knock on Andre, he's awesome but he's being compared to hall of famers, a borderline hall of famer, and someone who was one of the most talented players in the entire NBA.

Reaction Score
There was this guy Jerry on my softball team that would always bring beers to the games, and when he passed them out, we would call him Andre Jackson. Legend.
If that's the case, he should go. I'd love to have him back but I think that's great for him.
The first time I saw him , Magic Johnson came to mind . Magic especially in college was no great shooter . Magic always had the genius BB IQ. Jackson doesn’t but all that means is he needs to study harder to get the same results
The way he sees the floor and delivers passes sometimes blindly sometimes to spots where that player will be is a God given gift that no coach can teach only encourage.
Because he was such a hybrid and freakish athlete he lacks only in the confidence / knowledge to be that guy .
Plus his energy on the defensive end changes the intensity to a visible level
Along time ago when I was being taught the game . I asked my mentor if the guy playing the lead guard needs to be a great shooter. He told no but he has to shoot well enough that someone needs to play him .
Andre could be a great NBA player if he learns the position and has confidence in being the lead guard and his shot improves a tad . Both are doable if he is willing to put in the work .
Just because for the next level he is a WIP doesn’t mean the finished product won’t be just as special.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll say a cross between the plastic man Stacey Augmon and a poor man's version of a young jason kidd? lol he's a very hard player to find a comp for.

It's fun to appreciate Andre for who he is but the Augmon comparison is pretty good.
Andre better passer, Sticks a better scorer at the rim. Both he'll on wheels wreaking havoc on D.

Reaction Score
The first time I saw him , Magic Johnson came to mind . Magic especially in college was no great shooter . Magic always had the genius BB IQ. Jackson doesn’t but all that means is he needs to study harder to get the same results
The way he sees the floor and delivers passes sometimes blindly sometimes to spots where that player will be is a God given gift that no coach can teach only encourage.
Because he was such a hybrid and freakish athlete he lacks only in the confidence / knowledge to be that guy .
Plus his energy on the defensive end changes the intensity to a visible level
Along time ago when I was being taught the game . I asked my mentor if the guy playing the lead guard needs to be a great shooter. He told no but he has to shoot well enough that someone needs to play him .
Andre could be a great NBA player if he learns the position and has confidence in being the lead guard and his shot improves a tad . Both are doable if he is willing to put in the work .
Just because for the next level he is a WIP doesn’t mean the finished product won’t be just as special.
Everyone is in agreement on his athletic skills and vision but the question we always come back to is can he be taught and learn a conventional jump shop? I mean if he goes into the gym this summer and the coaches tell him he can only shoot the new way and not use his old technique from midrange and 3, can he learn this?

Reaction Score

BigErnMckracken beat me to it. I know Wayne Bridge wouldn't agree with you as John Terry slept with his French underwear model girlfriend. I remember the line for shaking hands was the big story after everything blew up and came out in the open.

Also, I remember John Terry stupidly getting a red card on the 2nd leg vs Barcelona at Camp Nou and Chelsea having to play 10 vs 11 for 60 minutes of that game but still prevailing. That game was so interesting because for the most part tv viewers hardly saw the Barcelona defensive half of the field.

I don't know if we want to compare our Andre Jackson to John Terry.
Full disclosure was hoping people wouldn't do too much of a deep dive. He has some warts but overall is remembered very well.

Reaction Score
I see a lot of Dennis Rodman in his hustle and rebounding, but AJ is a much better passer and ball handler.
But, he needs a dang reliable 3-point shot. With that he will be phenomenal (so much better than he already is)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom