Andre Jackson Comparison | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Comparison

Reaction Score
As I'm sure we all have I've been spending a lot of time this week reading articles, watching replays and reflecting on this truly magical season and the more I do the more I just keep coming back to how truly amazing Andre is.

All week I've been trying to figure out who he reminds of and I think I finally have an interesting comparison, John Terry.

For those with no idea who that is, John Terry is a legendary defender for Chelsea FC based out of London. A player who retired 5 years ago but whose banners still fly around their stadium generally featuring his face his name and 3 words; Captain. Leader. Legend.

The comparison is really three-fold. The first is love of the team and the program. John Terry joined Chelsea's youth team at 14 and was a part of team for the next 22 years. In an era largely defined by the transfer portal and NIL, Andre has always bled UConn and has always put the program before himself. Players like Andre are incredibly rare today and he is a throwback to when guys stayed 4 years loved their program and took it personally when it wasn't performing at the level expected.

Secondly it's the tone they set. In 04/05 Chelsea set a league record allowing 15 goals in 38 games, a record that stands to this day. John Terry was the heart of that defense and anytime you played them you knew it was going to be a war. Andre did that for UConn this year. My girlfriend is not a huge sports fan but did attend about a dozen games this year with me her first being OK ST in December. As the game ended she told me Andre was her favorite player as I looked at the scoreboard Jordan had 26 Adama had 20, Andre had 11. I asked her why, "Andre was everywhere". He was, he was that game and other than a couple games in January he was all season. Adama is our best college player Jordan is our best pro Andre is our heart he was UConn and he was everywhere all year.

Finally both made those around them better because they covered weaknesses allowing other players to take chances and perform at their absolute potentials. Outside backs on Chelsea could get in on the attack knowing if they made a mistake Terry would be their to erase ant chance of a counter. Andre always took on an opponents best perimeter player on defense allowing Jordan and Tristen to do what they did best. On offense he handled the ball allowing Tristen to be Kemba to his Shabazz on occasion resting on offense to stay fresh. Thank you Andre.

Andre Jackson. Captain. Leader. Legend.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
There was this guy Jerry on my softball team that would always bring beers to the games, and when he passed them out, we would call him Andre Jackson. Legend.

Reaction Score
It pains me as an Everton fan but the PL comp is Milner. Good leader. Never the best player on his team but important. Super athletic and versatile. It’s too bad he plays for the bad guys.

Reaction Score
As I'm sure we all have I've been spending a lot of time this week reading articles, watching replays and reflecting on this truly magical season and the more I do the more I just keep coming back to how truly amazing Andre is.

All week I've been trying to figure out who he reminds of and I think I finally have an interesting comparison, John Terry.

For those with no idea who that is, John Terry is a legendary defender for Chelsea FC based out of London. A player who retired 5 years ago but whose banners still fly around their stadium generally featuring his face his name and 3 words; Captain. Leader. Legend.

The comparison is really three-fold. The first is love of the team and the program. John Terry joined Chelsea's youth team at 14 and was a part of team for the next 22 years. In an era largely defined by the transfer portal and NIL, Andre has always bled UConn and has always put the program before himself. Players like Andre are incredibly rare today and he is a throwback to when guys stayed 4 years loved their program and took it personally when it wasn't performing at the level expected.

Secondly it's the tone they set. In 04/05 Chelsea set a league record allowing 15 goals in 38 games, a record that stands to this day. John Terry was the heart of that defense and anytime you played them you knew it was going to be a war. Andre did that for UConn this year. My girlfriend is not a huge sports fan but did attend about a dozen games this year with me her first being OK ST in December. As the game ended she told me Andre was her favorite player as I looked at the scoreboard Jordan had 26 Adama had 20, Andre had 11. I asked her why, "Andre was everywhere". He was, he was that game and other than a couple games in January he was all season. Adama is our best college player Jordan is our best pro Andre is our heart he was UConn and he was everywhere all year.

Finally both made those around them better because they covered weaknesses allowing other players to take chances and perform at their absolute potentials. Outside backs on Chelsea could get in on the attack knowing if they made a mistake Terry would be their to erase ant chance of a counter. Andre always took on an opponents best perimeter player on defense allowing Jordan and Tristen to do what they did best. On offense he handled the ball allowing Tristen to be Kemba to his Shabazz on occasion resting on offense to stay fresh. Thank you Andre.

As a born and bred Huskies fan that married into a diehard Chelsea English family, this is an amazing comparison. Both sides bleed blue. Good man!

Reaction Score
I was getting ready to say exactly this
John Terry was a human POS and world's worst teammate (which may somehow still be an understatement). I would say Andre is actually the antithesis of John Terry.
Oh if that’s the case, then it’s not as good of a comparison as I thought because Andre seems like the BEST teammate.

Reaction Score
I'll say a cross between the plastic man Stacey Augmon and a poor man's version of a young jason kidd? lol he's a very hard player to find a comp for.

Reaction Score
I see a lot of Dennis Rodman in his hustle and rebounding, but AJ is a much better passer and ball handler.

Reaction Score

BigErnMckracken beat me to it. I know Wayne Bridge wouldn't agree with you as John Terry slept with his French underwear model girlfriend. I remember the line for shaking hands was the big story after everything blew up and came out in the open.

Also, I remember John Terry stupidly getting a red card on the 2nd leg vs Barcelona at Camp Nou and Chelsea having to play 10 vs 11 for 60 minutes of that game but still prevailing. That game was so interesting because for the most part tv viewers hardly saw the Barcelona defensive half of the field.

I don't know if we want to compare our Andre Jackson to John Terry.

Reaction Score
He reminds me a little if Willie Anderson, but with better rebounding

Reaction Score
My wife is also not into basketball so much, but off the bat this season she kept telling me “what has changed?” “They move the ball so well it’s just so much fun to watch them play”, and she was spot on. Towards the end of the run here, she would be floored, in awe of Andre the passer. Whenever he would do those one handed passes where he sort of cocks back one hand to the side to get the perfect angle on a bounce pass down low to Sanogo, or does that move he did 5 times in the final on a late break where he receives a pass from Hawk/Joey/Alex and immediately sets a screen and shoots the pass back, my wife would be so excited and amazed by his skills.

I honestly think Andre may be the best passer in UConn history or at least he’s challenging Marcus Williams for that. The way he sends perfect passes to his big man for where he’s going to be rather than where he is seems otherworldly. He won’t shut up about staying around another year, and good lord I hope Hurley tells him to stay, because just for team continuity for the defense and flow of the offense, I truly feel that the difference between us without him and us with him is like 10 wins!

The defense he plays, the passing, the captain in him who seems to have been the “Kemba” who forced the team to spend all their time together and bond over the summer, the passion the dude has for the game rubs off on all of them. Guy is a legend and will be on the huskies of honor some day for damn good reason

Reaction Score
He reminds me a lot of Josh Hart on the Knicks, minus the shooting of course, but hopefully he can improve his shot.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Jeremy Lamb + Ricky Moore - 3pt shooting = Andre Jackson.

Watch the clip of Lamb stealing a pass 12 ft in the air and say otherwise.

Reaction Score
i’ve said it before, he simmons who is NOT afraid to shoot the ball
8F3851B9-E041-4537-8D15-CF5A5E0FF233.jpeg

don’t forget simmons on the sixers. give it a goog

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It pains me as an Everton fan but the PL comp is Milner. Good leader. Never the best player on his team but important. Super athletic and versatile. It’s too bad he plays for the bad guys.
He reminds me of Zarva from Richmond :):)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom