And Then Along Comes Lou | The Boneyard

And Then Along Comes Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Katie Lou Samuelson Following Mosqueda-Lewis Path

"Four years ago, the program [Mater Dei] sent Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis to the Huskies. Soon, she will graduate as the most prolific three-point shooter in UConn history, most likely its eighth 2,000-point scorer and the potential first overall pick in the 2015 WNBA draft.

And next fall, Mater Dei will send UConn her replacement, Katie Lou Samuelson, a 6-foot-3 All-American forward, perhaps the national player of the year, with the shooting touch – and certainly the potential – to pick up where KML left off...."

[LINK] to full story.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
"We are really sorry, but the page you requested cannot be found
It seems that the page you were trying to reach doesn't exist anymore, or maybe it was moved. We think that the best thing to do is to start again from the home page or use the search box below. Feel free to contact us if the problem persists, particularly if you can't find what you are looking for. Thank you very much."

When i right click on the link and try "opening it up in another tab", it requires the registration... Sorry, but I guess that particular flavor was not a good one! LOL

Reaction Score
I was able to open the link on a Windows computer, but not on an Android tablet. Have no idea why!!!!

Here's the full text (sans old pic of Lou signing on signing day).

UConn Women's Insider: Katie Lou Samuelson Following Mosqueda-Lewis Path

By John Altavilla

Mod Edit: Please do not copy and paste Copyright protected articles to this site. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
"We are really sorry, but the page you requested cannot be found
It seems that the page you were trying to reach doesn't exist anymore, or maybe it was moved. We think that the best thing to do is to start again from the home page or use the search box below. Feel free to contact us if the problem persists, particularly if you can't find what you are looking for. Thank you very much."

When i right click on the link and try "opening it up in another tab", it requires the registration... Sorry, but I guess that particular flavor was not a good one! LOL
Thanks.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou Samuelson Following Mosqueda-Lewis Path

"Four years ago, the program [Mater Dei] sent Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis to the Huskies. Soon, she will graduate as the most prolific three-point shooter in UConn history, most likely its eighth 2,000-point scorer and the potential first overall pick in the 2015 WNBA draft.

And next fall, Mater Dei will send UConn her replacement, Katie Lou Samuelson, a 6-foot-3 All-American forward, perhaps the national player of the year, with the shooting touch – and certainly the potential – to pick up where KML left off...."

[LINK] to full story.

avaMan, post: 1231391, member: 5562"]I was able to open the link on a Windows computer, but not on an Android tablet. Have no idea why!!!!

By John Altavilla

Mod Edit: Please do not copy and paste Copyright protected material to this site. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I was able to open the link on a Windows computer, but not on an Android tablet. Have no idea why!!!!

By John Altavilla

Mod Edit: Please do not copy and paste Copyright protected articles to this site. Thank you
Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Sonny44 said:
Break Kaleena's record? Possible I suppose, but is her shot as pretty?

Well, in one way (the most important one), pretty is as pretty does.....that is, does her shot go in? Lol And it looks like the answer is yes.

I will say that KLS's shot is simpler, in the way that EDD's free throws are simple. I don't mean that it's a set shot or anything, but it's just a very, very simple motion with not a lot of flair.

To my eye, Kaleena's shots are somewhat 'prettier', while Maya's form is more 'dramatic' as in "take that!!" KLS's 3-ball form looks like "just the facts, ma'am" with no excess movement. A la the EDD free throw.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena's hands and ball rotation are almost elegant. No one has been able to replicate that. Maya's form and elevation make her shot more athletic, a la Jordan. Lou has a nice smooth form and quick release. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As Mike suggests, any shot that goes in at a 50% rate is a masterpiece.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
yepper...it's in her genes. Her older sister Bonnie hit 8 in 1 game last weekend with her "quick release"

Reaction Score
KML will always be a UConn great. Looking to the future, I'm very pleased we are still traveling the road to excellence. Katie will be one of the next to rise with us.

Reaction Score
In terms of form and just watching someone shoot the three, Kaleena has the "prettiest" three shot I've ever seen. However, if the shot goes in, it counts for three. I still like watching Kaleena shoot the three.

Reaction Score
KML will always be a UConn great. Looking to the future, I'm very pleased we are still traveling the road to excellence. Katie will be one of the next to rise with us.
I hope she gets on the wall. I felt that the injury and sickness last year set her back a little, and she's also been overshadowed by Stewie for most of her career, but she is deserving of it. I guess we'll know next Saturday.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Kaleena's hands and ball rotation are almost elegant. No one has been able to replicate that. Maya's form and elevation make her shot more athletic, a la Jordan. Lou has a nice smooth form and quick release. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As Mike suggests, any shot that goes in at a 50% rate is a masterpiece.

I sometime cringe when I see Chong shooting a three. It just seems so awkward at times. But increasingly, the end result is a thing of beauty!

Reaction Score
In terms of form and just watching someone shoot the three, Kaleena has the "prettiest" three shot I've ever seen. However, if the shot goes in, it counts for three. I still like watching Kaleena shoot the three.
Me too! However, I think we're really gonna like Lou's as well. At 6'3" with a release well above her head in approximately 1.1 seconds after she receives the ball (every time) with bulls-eye accuracy, and on OUR team ...that's going to be very difficult not to like. :D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is the fastest (accurate) three shot I think I have ever seen for a women's player. Watching her come off a screen and release is just sooo quick. Kaleena has a beautiful shot but it is no where near as quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom