And the best UConn win was... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

And the best UConn win was...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh, and the USCe game was the best. My buddy and I walked around the stadium before the game and saw very few UConn fans. People yelled crazy at us like apologizing in advance for the beatdown they were going to give us or asking if there was a lady's basketball game we were attending. One guy just came up to us and yelled "Big Least!" Lol! Then the magic happened and they just couldn't build any momentum. It was cold and windy and their whole side of the field was in the shade. It was a beautiful site. I saw coach Spurrier walking through the Birmingham airport after the game - his face was windblown red and he nodded at me. Hee hee! Also, I remember all of the game shirts, sweatshirts were like $5 after the game, stocked up bigtime!

Reaction Score
Uh, the double overtime game vs Pitt where DJ runs it in on the winning 2pt conversion should be on this list

Reaction Score
Beating USF in 2007. Rutgers beating them the week prior took a little bit of the luster off, but not all.

Other memorable games:

Double OT against Pitt.. Great game and the only bright spot during a terrible season.

Notre Dame. We won that game twice before actually winning it. We had to overcome some ridiculous calls.

Throttling UVA in the Rent.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I think we've got a pretty good list of games here... the only one to me that stands out that hasn't been mentioned is the first Wake Forest game in 2003 when we went down there and throttled them 51-17. It's kind of lost it's luster a little bit since UConn has lost to them a couple of times... but it still stands out in my mind. It's not #1 or #5 but I might place it in the top 10. Then one game that still bugs me from that year is the UConn - NC State game where they outplayed the Philip Rivers lead Wolf Pack except for the late interception by DanO.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone have a video of that ISU game. just checking...

That game was not televised (locally anyway), that's why it gets overlooked. Also, Seneca Wallace was a Heisman candidate until that game. Add the ND and USC game make my Top 3.

Reaction Score
Beating SC that season in the bowl game was about the best game I've seen a UCONN team play against a quality opponent. The defense was simply amazing. All cylinders were firing and it was a great ending to a very emotional season.

Notre Who?? The South Carolina game - SEC, Steve Superior, down in the heart of Dixie, a no contest game against a team on the rise, not from the 50's & 60's - was by far and away the best win. Unless folks want to count pounding Hofstra ('08) on a Thursday night before Labor Day weekend with no TV coverage.:mad:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
See post #6. :)

It may not have been the "biggest" win, but there was no game more fun to be at. My dislike of all things ND makes me vote for that as the most satisfying win, but the slap down of SCar was pretty big as a national statement.

Reaction Score
Notre Who?? The South Carolina game - SEC, Steve Superior, down in the heart of Dixie, a no contest game against a team on the rise, not from the 50's & 60's - was by far and away the best win. Unless folks want to count pounding Hofstra ('08) on a Thursday night before Labor Day weekend with no TV coverage.:mad:

do you care that you've become the high school nerd constantly badmouthing the cheerleader, where every understands that it's because you want her and can't have her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom