Amature Hour | The Boneyard

Amature Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wish it was possible to make up how mickey mouse the operation was today at the XL Center.

From selling tickets to scanning entries to running something as simple as a concession.

Top to bottom a complete disaster.

It's a credit to the fanbase that people still turn out for games.

And for the love of God whoever thinks it's a good idea to have John Tuite scream Blue and White... do us all a favor and resign.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At least nobody posted asking where to find the game on TV.

They should air the ticket scanners screaming at the security people. It would make good TV.

Reaction Score
I wish it was possible to make up how mickey mouse the operation was today at the XL Center.

From selling tickets to scanning entries to running something as simple as a concession.

And for the love of God whoever thinks it's a good idea to have John Tuite scream Blue and White... do us all a favor and resign.

who is John Tuite? Did they finally get rid of that stupid DJ they had for football and bball games?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
who is John Tuite? Did they finally get rid of that stupid DJ they had for football and bball games?

John Tuite is the PA announcer. Yes there are no DJs involved at this point.

Reaction Score

The blue/white thing is awful. I get the feeling this is something Benedict started. I've seen those chants at sec games

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dare I ask, what is the blue and white scream?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Concession staffing was at Wolf Pack levels. They left a ton of money on the table. I went beerless in the 2nd half. That wasn't the plan.

Reaction Score
Concession staffing was at Wolf Pack levels. They left a ton of money on the table. I went beerless in the 2nd half. That wasn't the plan.

I hope the Red Panda halftime show made it all worth it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The scene at the bar was awesome. Second half tipped off. Long line... with about 16 minutes left a security guard storms into the area and screams at everyone it's closed.

Rules and all for sure - but I've never been at a game where the people in line were sent away. I've also never seen anyone so fired up to shut something down. That must have been the highlight of their life. 4:00 on a Friday afternoon and screaming at people just waiting in a slow line.

Being a fan of this school is like a test at this point.

Reaction Score
Concession stands and ticket scanners would be the XL Center's responsibility, right? UConn doesn't have much to do with that stuff, I would imagine.

I went to the game and enjoyed myself. No issues with anything venue-related.

C

Chief00

I agree minor league game day management - not enough ticket takers and security checkers at gate
- number one concession should always be beer - if you don't have enough exclusive beer stations someone screwed up.
- also exit by Russian Lady wasn't lighted -tough for people walking down steps to see

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I didn't get any concessions myself but I definitely noticed many of the beer concessions were not open for business. This was the "premiere" out of conference game at XL so it would have been nice if they treated it like one. XL was pretty packed for a 2:30pm workday but apparently they weren't able to figure out their staffing even though this game had been scheduled for close to 2 months.

Getting into XL has been a pain for years. Management should have some sort of idea of when they will need more people at the gates and when they can get away with less. Seeing countless senior citizens being patted down makes me roll my eyes too.

Reaction Score
I'm a Hartford season ticket holder going back years and had no real issues today, but it's getting to the point where uconn should start considering drastically reducing the game schedule at XL, if not pull out entirely.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do you just look for things to complain about? We played an incredibly exciting game against a relevant opponent. Who cares about the rest of the stuff. It was a good time. Enjoy yourselves!

Yeah who cares if the experience
of going to a game sucks or not. That's not the kind of thing that impacts the program's revenue.

UConn certainly doesn't have any attendance or revenue issues.

Reaction Score
Yeah who cares if the experience
of going to a game sucks or not. That's not the kind of thing that impacts the program's revenue.

UConn certainly doesn't have any attendance or revenue issues.
Crappy opponents, Crappy start times, Crappy game experience. Sounds like a winning combination.

By the way, anyone else notice the loud groaning sounds in the pipes in the men's restrooms?

Reaction Score
Took my buddy and four teenage boys...no issues. Arrived in Hartford at 2pm. Parking was quick and easy. Entry to the XL took 2-minutes. Grab two beers for the adults while my buddy took pictures of the boys with Jonathan. The boys grabbed food (no wait), we were in our seats at 2:20pm. Grabbed more concessions at the half, took about 5-minutes. Staff was very courteous and patient....teenagers can't make up their minds on what they want. Hit the head, grabbed two more beers, talked a another buddy who happened to be there with his kids. We were back in our seats a minute into the second half. Exiting the XL took seconds, walked all the way around the block to the parking garage. We were in the car at 5:00pm and on I-91, in no time. Great experience.

Reaction Score
It was cringe-worthy

It was really bad when he screamed LOUDER! LOL! So pathetic. They tried that at a hockey game with UConn-Huskies for each side and was even worse than the blue-white attempt. They tried it once and never again.

Our fanbase is too NE for that southern back and forth chant crap. I know he's trying, but it smells of Benedict aka forced fan chants that feel acts of desperation and cluelessness with the culture of our typical NE fanbase. See the opening big red chant attempt at the rent for football. That was Dumb

Reaction Score

the xl center is a dump but doesn't stop me from going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom