Alabama Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Alabama Post Game Thread

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I had zero problem w that play. The four ridiculous 3 point attempts on the other hand?? Please…..save those for practice. None of them were even close.
I think one of those was a late clock heave, but yeah...

Reaction Score
When they tied with 10 minutes to go, I kept thinking about the many collapses the team had last year.

My stomach turned, but thankfully this is a much better talented team. Started feeling better when Sanogo led the fast break with a slam and back up by 7 with about 5 minutes and some change.

This was a hard fought victory and I think the score doesn't indicate the many chances that Bama had to keep it close. We executed late, they didn't. Don't let the final score fool you, we easily could have let this go. Feeling much better.
Even more proof that the players that were added after last season was a thing of beauty that the staff put together. The added players had years of experience playing in tough league games, league tournaments, NIT finals and an NCAA tourney game. Add Hawkins, Sanogo, Jackson and the prized freshman and that’s a very seasoned, smart and talented team that shouldn’t be fazed in a tight game against any team.

Reaction Score
I thought AJAX had his worst defensive game this year. Got beat off the dribble a lot compared to the last 2 games. Still good D but off his high standards. He still looks lost on offense too. Please, never shoot a 3 again. LOL!
You couldn’t of just watched the same game we did and come away with that conclusion unless you just straight up don’t like the kid LOL, Miller is a lottery pick and he couldn’t do ANYTHING with Dre

Reaction Score
When Sanogo missed his 1st 2 FTs, I was a little worried. But I'm thinking he needs to be more tired and sweating more profusely in order to make them.
Those were the only misses for the team until Hawkins missed one in the final minute.

Reaction Score
Up to 8 on Kenpom. We'll see how things shake out with the last couple games tonight.

When was the last time we were top 10? Early 2014?
Yeah we peaked at #9 in 2014. That was the last time. Last time we were 8 or higher was early 2012. We dropped to #10 after only beating Wagner by 10 and never got back.

Reaction Score
Really a true pg. No one ever makes him pickup his dribble. Only does so when he has something to do with the ball. Great vision and pace. Can score when needed but doesn’t need you to have a big impact.
That was the main thing I noticed, too. Against pressure defense a lot of players panic or get uncomfortable and pick up the ball in bad spots which causes turnovers or bad possession where the offense doesn't get going. Newton picks up the dribble when he wants to, not because the D forced him to. His leadership and his calm under pressure doesn't show up in the stats, but I think it was the biggest factor to winning the game.

Reaction Score
You couldn’t of just watched the same game we did and come away with that conclusion unless you just straight up don’t like the kid LOL, Miller is a lottery pick and he couldn’t do ANYTHING with Dre
I watched it and saw him getting beat off the dribble more than normal. I will say he did play good D just not as good as I have seen compared to other 2 games. Just my opinion.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
With Alabama?
Nothing less than a 25 point win is the new benchmark. Standards have been set, bars have risen. We should already be anoited national champs. Give us the Pistons already, college has become laughably easy for us thus far.

Reaction Score
Every team in our bracket is from the East Coast (or Midwest) except Oregon and all their fans decided not to come after they were so bad. Not exactly the same Thanksgiving weekend destination as say Maui or Atlantis.

The Gonzaga-Purdue game is pretty packed.
And Oregon is beating Michigan State - won't last.

Will they go to split screen to show UCONN getting off bus at hotel?

Reaction Score
I noticed Andre still has his pinky taped to his ring finger on his right hand. Definitely impacting his touch, the same thing caused Sanogo to lose his touch at the end of last season imo. He should probably shoot less until the finger is better.

caw

Reaction Score
Everyone has missed or is missing guys.
Including UConn. Johnson was in the 8 man rotation prior to injury. Now, he’s going to have a tough time getting minutes

Reaction Score
While I believe we have great talent and chemistry in this team, I think the real difference maker is Clingan, who brings a dominant inside presence when Adama is on the bench....There was no one last year avaliable to fill that void.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom