OT: - Alabama’s Darius Miles Charged With Murder | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Alabama’s Darius Miles Charged With Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The excuse is that he had no way of knowing it would be used for that. Flimsy. But that's all they need to say.
Yeah. He thought Miles was going to pawn it. Or maybe rent it out to somebody. No way he wanted to show any one,right?

Reaction Score
I tried to read up on it and the answer appears to be “Alabama.”

I think they said that they do not have any kind of charge that would pertain to bringing a gun to a murder.

I mean…wow?
Some states have passed ridiculously stupid gun laws and this is what you get. So you just bring someone a gun on a Saturday night no questions asked? It's absurd. He should be charged as an accessory and defend himself.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
All the back and forth about whether bringing a gun to a murder scene in Alabama is a crime is for the lawyers to decide and decide they will. Mr. Miller’s basketball career is about to be put on hold to answer questions from police, lawyers and press at a minimum

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Lol.

Miller delivered a gun that was used to murder someone. I guess he just happened to have a loaded gun sitting around and was happy to deliver it to someone who used it to shoot a woman,

No gun, no murder.

He should be thrown out of school.
I’m good with Miller seeing jail time as an accomplice if the facts do come out that way. But unless Oats knew all the details (which I’m not sure if he did) is it fair to fire him too?

Not giving him a pass for the “wrong place wrong time” comment, that’s absurd.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m good with Miller seeing jail time as an accomplice if the facts do come out that way. But unless Oats knew all the details (which I’m not sure if he did) is it fair to fire him too?

Not giving him a pass for the “wrong place wrong time” comment, that’s absurd.

It's almost as if Oats could have just kept his mouth shut and not affirmatively glossed over a situation he knows he doesn't know all the facts.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yeah. He thought Miles was going to pawn it. Or maybe rent it out to somebody. No way he wanted to show any one,right?

The only way this gets to Miller is if they uncover more texts regarding the reason why Miles wanted the gun. Otherwise he just plays stupid. We all know better, but that will be the play.

The blocking of the car Friar posted(if true) is an interesting development that could go toward that though.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Its not. You can tell yourself that because you are a UConn fan, and I get it, I am too, but let's be real here. It's OK to recognize hypocrisy. No one died.

Personally I think they both should've gone to jail just for the sheer stupidity of taking them to a pawn shop in Willimantic. That is worthy of an appearance on "worlds dumbest criminals"
I thought the pawn shop was in East Hartford. Doesn't make it any different but....

August_West

Reaction Score
It's almost as if Oats could have just kept his mouth shut and not affirmatively glossed over a situation he knows he doesn't know all the facts.

Im inclined to give him a temporary pass on that asinine statement. His whole promising career is crumbling in the blink of an eye. I'm sure he is out of his mind right now. Let's see what happens from here though. It's about to get real hot.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Im inclined to give him a temporary pass on that asinine statement. His whole promising career is crumbling in the blink of an eye. I'm sure he is out of his mind right now. Let's see what happens from here though. It's about to get real hot.
I feel like he’s had enough time to come up with something better than that. He clearly just doesn’t want to give up the best team he’s had in his career, but by doing so has made himself look like a soulless, doofus.

Reaction Score
Miller initially drove to the club, decided it was too crowded, dropped off the other guys and went back to dorm.
He then received a text asking that he get a gun and bring it to his friend located in the too-crowded club/strip area full of people who had been clubbing and drinking for hours.
If I’m a prosecutor I’m charging Miller, if he ignores the text or simply says no the gun remains in the dorm and the young mother is still alive.

August_West

Reaction Score
I feel like he’s had enough time to come up with something better than that. He clearly just doesn’t want to give up the best team he’s had in his career, but by doing so has made himself look like a soulless, doofus.

Indeed. He looks horrible. You don't get many cracks at a legit Natty run for even the all time great coaches. It makes you do things you usually wouldn't do. I'm hoping he wakes up to the reality of the situation.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Imagine helping and watching your buddy murder a mother, then going out and scoring 30 pts. the day or two after.

Guy shows no mercy.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Indeed. He looks horrible. You don't get many cracks at a legit Natty run for even the all time great coaches. It makes you do things you usually wouldn't do. I'm hoping he wakes up to the reality of the situation.

Even if he does he deserves to get fired.

Reaction Score
It should be automatic dismissal from a team if you have any weapon in your possession as a 'Student Athlete'. They are wearing school uniforms and supposedly representing their Universities whether it's UConn or Alabama. They are getting lots of perks with no repercussions.
Everyone on this board wants winning programs......but not like this.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

One of the best leaders I ever worked for had a guiding principle on that.

He said lots of people do things they normally wouldn't do when they are in the moment. But, when you sleep on it, wake up, look yourself in the mirror and decide not to correct the situation, that's when you are dead to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom