OT: - Alabama’s Darius Miles Charged With Murder | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Alabama’s Darius Miles Charged With Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not sure if you’re an Alabama student you want a few guys who were accomplices to murder roaming around campus.

……actually, yeah, you’re right.

How would this work out of Miller was just a normal student at Alabama? Think he’s going to get this much leeway over his participation in a murder?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If a big chunk of UConn's basketball team participated in a premeditated murder, the program would be shut down and the AD would clear house. Rules are different in the South.

How would this work out of Miller was just a normal student at Alabama? Think he’s going to get this much leeway over his participation in a murder?
I’m not sure Alabama basketball will get that leeway.

Football team? Probably.

But to my point, if I have a daughter or son there I do not want those men on campus. Let alone having my student body cheer for them on the court, that’s gotta be so awkward and…wrong.

Reaction Score

The story on Al.com says it was Mile’s gun but Davis took the gun from Miller’s car and shot the girl….I don’t understand why Miles is charged since he didn’t give the gun to Davis yet Miller who drove the gun isn’t Charged. Do lottery picks get a pass?

Reaction Score
Really? That’s your take on the murder of a young girl?
My take is it’s a disturbing tragedy, and Brandon Miller is even more of a moron than originally thought. Not mutually exclusive

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I tried to read up on it and the answer appears to be “Alabama.”

I think they said that they do not have any kind of charge that would pertain to bringing a gun to a murder.

I mean…wow?
Well if they don’t get him criminally, the civil process is usually much easier to bring to court so his (future) earnings will be at risk if the victim's family decides to sue.

Reaction Score
In Colorado they prosecuted the girl who bought one of the guns for Kelbold and Harris that was used in Columbine. I think she is still doing time.

Reaction Score
In Colorado they prosecuted the girl who bought one of the guns for Kelbold and Harris that was used in Columbine. I think she is still doing time.
They were minors I believe

Reaction Score
Actually although AJ was probably less culpable because he was a young freshman and Williams was his roommate idle and an upper class men . His sentence was more severe because he lied to authorities. Williams was smart enough not to . Neither one stole the laptops , but the perpetrator an alleged friend of Williams left them in their room . Im not sure whether it was proven that
they were knew they were stolen but I I believe the had to. I also believe everything was returned . Williams got a semester and AJ a year suspension. Probably appropriate.
Remember we played a bunch of games with freshman Craig Austry as are only PG . we somehow went undefeated until the @ Marquette in January were Williams still wasn’t a factor but we could have lost 3-4 games and a number 1 seed. Williams wasn’t much of a factor in in limited time in the Jan 7 LSU win
Craig continued to start through the Cincinnati game but Williams saw more time . We played Alabama, Arkansas, Gonzaga , Marquette and LSU and Cinncy with Craig starting .
My whole point though is that the faculty committee gave the suspensions, and these suspensions were actually more severe than those for the dozens of students caught stealing laptops in the prior years. So to believe that arrangements were made for UConn bball is to also assume that the faculty were in on it, and that the punishments they gave were less severe than the punishments they normally gave for the same offense.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
It also it was a gun incident at UConn that sealed Perno’s demise if I recall . Dom was an alumni plus a local guy and popular with state HS coaches.
It wasn’t that easy dumping him and predictions that UConn would never get an another CT kid abounded .
are you ok?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Its not. You can tell yourself that because you are a UConn fan, and I get it, I am too, but let's be real here. It's OK to recognize hypocrisy. No one died.

Personally I think they both should've gone to jail just for the sheer stupidity of taking them to a pawn shop in Willimantic. That is worthy of an appearance on "worlds dumbest criminals"
Personally I think they both should've gone to jail just for the sheer stupidity of taking them to a pawn shop

this place has the absolute worst collection of beagles and quacks. i wouldn't take a yellow pad or a cough drop from the lot of youse.
license-plate-new-hampshire_37-1500x800.jpg

hey pro football doc! everrone, and i mean everrone, livin on ely's ferry
or joshuatown road is carrying, especially those hollywood people who make psa's by day, and target practice at night. the bears and the wolves are a real thing. my family and friends livin over there, too, tho they're not hollywood types, well except one. my cuz is a 'cause of the month' type.
anyway, back to the high horsin around. i'll wait for the fullness of time to tell me what happened. update: football guy didn't die, and they didn't cancel the season.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Personally I think they both should've gone to jail just for the sheer stupidity of taking them to a pawn shop

this place has the absolute worst collection of beagles and quacks. i wouldn't take a yellow pad or a cough drop from the lot of youse.
license-plate-new-hampshire_37-1500x800.jpg

hey pro football doc! everrone, and i mean everrone, livin on ely's ferry
or joshuatown road is carrying, especially those hollywood people who make psa's by day, and target practice at night. the bears and the wolves are a real thing. my family and friends livin over there, too, tho they're not hollywood types, well except one. my cuz is a 'cause of the month' type.
anyway, back to the high horsin around. i'll wait for the fullness of time to tell me what happened. update: football guy didn't die, and they didn't cancel the season.
What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
well then, u should go to jail, too.
im sure auggie and his pals will find a reason.
im gonna tell them that u moonlight as the zeo of mansfield. that should do it.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Maybe, but he brought the weapon, blocked the road. Thea sounds like aiding and abetting at least.
And what did they do after the shooting? Report it? Flee the scene?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Well if they don’t get him criminally, the civil process is usually much easier to bring to court so his (future) earnings will be at risk if the victim's family decides to sue.
Nate Oat's future earnings are at risk as well. Both better get really good lawyers and stop talking to the press. For Oats to say they knew about it won't play well with a jury

Reaction Score
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof, this is a bad look!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So to believe that arrangements were made for UConn bball is to also assume that the faculty were in on it
Yeah faculty never bends to a universities Athletic department. It's never happened. How can I be be so stupid?!!

Im sorry, I take it all back. I was wrong.

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc