Akok Akok | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
No, we still probably have 2 more. Buddy Boeheim can go off scholarship next year, and they expect Brissett to also leave. I hear we're not getting Akok, so good luck on him. I'm hoping we can land Stewart to go with all those guards he used to play with in AAU ball, but that's a moderate chance, not a great one. Carrigan or Wahab may fall to us. I know you've been after Wahab, but I think we have his last visit.

Cardigan. Man that dude crawled into a cave or something. There’s been nothing on him for a while.

I was a big fan of his

Reaction Score

Butler

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
And, total years in the NBA for all those first rounders...

UConn: 59
2006: Rudy Gay (13th year)
2006: Hilton Armstrong (6 years in the NBA)
2006: Marcus Williams (4 years in the NBA)
2006: Josh Boone (4 years in the NBA)
2009: Hasheem Thabeet (5 years in the NBA)
2011: Kemba Walker (8th year)
2012: Andre Drummond (7th year)
2012: Jeremy Lamb (7th year)
2014: Shabazz Napier (5th year)

Syracuse: 42
2008: Donte Green (4 years in NBA)
2009: Jonny Flynn (3 years in the NBA)
2010: Wes Johnson (9th year)
2012: Fab Melo (1 year in the NBA)
2012: Dion Waiters (7th year)
2013: Michael Carter-Williams (6th year)
2014: Tyler Ennis (4 years in the NBA)
2015: Chris McCullough (3 years in the NBA)
2016: Malachi Richardson (3rd year, Raptors declined 4th year option)
2017: Tyler Lydon (2nd year, Nuggets declined 3rd year option)
To be fair, Lydon, Malachi, McCullough, MCW, Flynn, have all dealt with their fair share of injuries once drafted. Not to say that they would automatically be even reserves or starters because imo most of those guys I listed left too early. And then of course theres Fab Melo (RIP).

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
maybe during this week...?

Division I Basketball (Early Period) November 14, 2018 November 21, 2018

Reaction Score
To be fair, Lydon, Malachi, McCullough, MCW, Flynn, have all dealt with their fair share of injuries once drafted. Not to say that they would automatically be even reserves or starters because imo most of those guys I listed left too early. And then of course theres Fab Melo (RIP).

Also to be fair, all of those guys are terrible.

Reaction Score
Lydon, Malachi, McCullough, MCW, and Flynn are classic Syracuse underachieving bums. NBA to G League to Boeheims Army.
I really liked Lydon’s game. Besides his one prolonged cold streak, he was a beast for Cuse. Maybe he was a little too slow for a hybrid forward, but he was skilled and versatile.

Malachi was a solid freshman, but just nowhere near ready for the NBA. Then Virginia chokes in the tournament and Richardson goes off, and he basically jumps into mick drafts from that one game. He needed more time.

McCollough has big injury problems. Hard to say much on him, other than Boeheim looking like his typically salty self when CJ declared.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And then of course theres Fab Melo (RIP).

Until last year, Melo kept me from giving Danny Ainge the benefit of the doubt I would give others.

Reaction Score
Hopefully no one minds me posting this in here since the Kofi thread is locked. Does anyone speak Snapchat emoji? Kofi posted a photo of him in a UConn uniform with a monocle wearing curious emoji followed by a question mark to his SC story.
Please explain what that means and if I should overreact.

Reaction Score
And, total years in the NBA for all those first rounders...

UConn: 59
2006: Rudy Gay (13th year)
2006: Hilton Armstrong (6 years in the NBA)
2006: Marcus Williams (4 years in the NBA)
2006: Josh Boone (4 years in the NBA)
2009: Hasheem Thabeet (5 years in the NBA)
2011: Kemba Walker (8th year)
2012: Andre Drummond (7th year)
2012: Jeremy Lamb (7th year)
2014: Shabazz Napier (5th year)

Syracuse: 42
2008: Donte Green (4 years in NBA)
2009: Jonny Flynn (3 years in the NBA)
2010: Wes Johnson (9th year)
2012: Fab Melo (1 year in the NBA)
2012: Dion Waiters (7th year)
2013: Michael Carter-Williams (6th year)
2014: Tyler Ennis (4 years in the NBA)
2015: Chris McCullough (3 years in the NBA)
2016: Malachi Richardson (3rd year, Raptors declined 4th year option)
2017: Tyler Lydon (2nd year, Nuggets declined 3rd year option)

The more interesting calculation would be the total $$ earned by UConn 1st rounders vs. the 'Cuse first rounders. With a realization that Kemba and Andre have many more years of earning upwards of $30M per year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Until last year, Melo kept me from giving Danny Ainge the benefit of the doubt I would give others.

Eh, no shame in taking pot shot late on 7 footer in the late 1st. Especially after already getting your guy (Sullinger). It wasn't exactly stud-central after that anyway. And everybody missed on Draymond.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hopefully no one minds me posting this in here since the Kofi thread is locked. Does anyone speak Snapchat emoji? Kofi posted a photo of him in a UConn uniform with a monocle wearing curious emoji followed by a question mark to his SC story.

Either: check this possibility out--what do you think? --or-- thinking about my tough decision.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I really liked Lydon’s game. Besides his one prolonged cold streak, he was a beast for Cuse. Maybe he was a little too slow for a hybrid forward, but he was skilled and versatile.

Malachi was a solid freshman, but just nowhere near ready for the NBA. Then Virginia chokes in the tournament and Richardson goes off, and he basically jumps into mick drafts from that one game. He needed more time.

McCollough has big injury problems. Hard to say much on him, other than Boeheim looking like his typically salty self when CJ declared.

Lydon doesn't and didn't have the mental attitude to be in the NBA - he was soft - very skilled - but soft

All 3 were draft wastes

pj

Reaction Score

It means he's thinking about UConn and yes, you should overreact.

Reaction Score
We are in good shape with Kofi. Just need to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom