Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

True, but is his family destitute? Somebody must know. Wharton husky makes a good point. Now he has to live somewhere, train, eat etc.
An agent would theoretically front the money and play him overseas.

Reaction Score
He’s literally sounded depressed in video interviews. I don’t know what’s going on with the kid, but enthusiasm is definitely something he doesn’t exhibit.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a sad situation overall. watching his interviews is really painful, seems to have no self confidence and lacks basic communication skills. then you see him in public completely expressionless , hood up, never talking. Never know what’s going on behind the scenes but hearing this story of bailing on the team is just another red flag

Reaction Score
This seems bigger than basketball unfortunately. But leaving without informing his coach is a major red flag

C

Chief00

I like how you have managed to take credit for Akok committing and then de-committing without specifying either ever.

See below.
6DF8F8F3-7DC2-4737-AF8C-311AA711ECF1.jpeg

Reaction Score
In order to be able to return, undrafted guys need to have been invited to the NBA Combine. Last year, of all the undrafted guys, only seven guys would have been eligible to return based on that rule:

Trevon Duval (Duke)
Jaylen Barford (Arkansas)
Malik Newman (Kansas)
Brandon McCoy (UNLV)
Allonzo Trier (Arizona)
Billy Preston (Kansas)
Brian Bowen (South Carolina)

Don't think Akok would come close to a combine invite if those are the 7 guys who got one and didn't get drafted.
Trier is pretty much rockin' it and making league money

C

Chief00

You broke news that Akok was seriously interested in going pro after he said in an interview that he had been considering this since July. Kudos
I said to take that story seriously. In another post I said another key school had back off Akok for this reason.

Reaction Score
The more I learn about him as a player, the more interested I am.

The more I learn about him as a kid - it feels like red flag city.
Well said. He's a great fit for this team on the court (and we'd all still take him), but there are clearly some major issues here that go way beyond your typical teenage egocentrism, etc. This isn't someone like Kofi teasing/trolling on Instagram, which is a bit annoying but utterly harmless and commonplace.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I think Hurley could be a great mentor for him, but his life may be pulling him in another direction.

Hope he does what’s best for him and his family, and still hope that that’s UConn. If not, all best to the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom