2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don’t kill me for this - i did like the earlier comparison to Kyle Lowry as upside potential - but does he compare at all to Posh or Wusu at SJU? But better after freshman year due to better coaching and development? Or is he significantly better due to his ranking?

Reaction Score
One has to think that if you’re a big like Ngongba or a wing like Betsey, having Nowell committed as a lead distributor makes Storrs a very attractive destination. Add in Abraham and the beginning pieces are on board to keep the winning train rolling. The staff is putting on a master class.

Reaction Score
Did he say anything? Can’t find anything in the comments/etc
IMG_4215.jpeg

Reaction Score
Calipari offered Nowell a scholarship in person and remarked about the guard’s abilities on both ends of the floor. “He talked about the things that he loved about me, how hard I played on offense, like my decision-making and my shot-making “ Nowell told the Inquirer. And Kentucky wasn’t really recruiting him?????

Talk is cheap. How many times did UK watch him this summer or visit? (Hint: the answer is very few)

It's entirely possible that Ahmad wasn't interested in UK and that's why there wasn't much smoke. But you and @TheHorde aren't living in the real world if you think that was a serious recruitment.

Reaction Score

I forgot it waa Sunday his announcment. I thought it was Monday. My dad textannouncement. Not unexpected but still great. Another great pickup and hopefully he is more than 1 year guard due to his size. Though if we win it in his first year he is welcomed to go. Lol!

Reaction Score
Talk is cheap. How many times did UK watch him this summer or visit? (Hint: the answer is very few)

It's entirely possible that Ahmad wasn't interested in UK and that's why there wasn't much smoke. But you and @TheHorde aren't living in the real world if you think that was a serious recruitment.
You might want to add Calipari and the Kentucky fan recruiting site to us unfortunates who aren’t living “in the real world.”

Reaction Score

Who cares?? We got him..,,,isn’t that all that really matters??? Last I counted, we have 5 titles, Calipari has 1. I couldn’t care less who he recruits, did we beat him for a recruit , etc. Why do people get worked up about this.

We just got the guy WE wanted. Historically we have done well with the guys WE wanted. Historically, Calipari hasn’t done well with the guys EVERYONE wants. I couldn’t care less if he “really” wanted this guy or not. What an odd thing to focus on the day we get a significant recruit.

Reaction Score
Kentucky wasn't really recruiting him. Idk who wasn't interested--very easily could have been Ahmad--but let's not get excited. The chances of us reeling in a player UK seriously recruits is small. See: Justin Edwards.

You can be excited for this commitment without this fabricated narrative.
Funny

Reaction Score
I liked this conversation... A nice change of pace from the run of the mill over produced commitment video. Clearly a kid with a great head on his shoulders. Even mentions the fanbase as a selling point.
Absolutely. He seems to be a tremendous young man. He was open about his feelings, well spoken and thoughtful in his responses to the questions the man on the court was posing, smiled, and showed a lot of maturity.
His mother did a great job raising him (from his own recounting of the difficulties he and his mother faced in his early childhood) and helping him become such a personable, successful and driven young man.
He will be successful wherever life takes him.
He's a winner and it's a credit to the coaching staff that they were able to secure his commitment.

Reaction Score
Calipari offered Nowell a scholarship in person and remarked about the guard’s abilities on both ends of the floor. “He talked about the things that he loved about me, how hard I played on offense, like my decision-making and my shot-making “ Nowell told the Inquirer. And Kentucky wasn’t really recruiting him?????
Nobody was recruiting him...now. Just UConn.

Reaction Score
:)

Reaction Score
One has to think that if you’re a big like Ngongba or a wing like Betsey, having Nowell committed as a lead distributor makes Storrs a very attractive destination. Add in Abraham and the beginning pieces are on board to keep the winning train rolling. The staff is putting on a master class.
Hopefully Cooper Flagg is taking notice as is the center from Boston!!

Reaction Score
Nobody on the Kentucky boards even cared about him or brought him up, and Calipari wasn't even going to his games all summer
Not sure about Cal not going to his games but I just was reading one of the Kentucky boards a few minutes ago and a few posters were not happy they didn’t get him. And I just read an article in Kentucky media got off the press lamenting another 2024 recruit that they didn’t get.

Reaction Score
apparently, this year is kentucky’s best team yet…?

ok, enough of this blather

1690141922072.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member