2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’d like to see him come in the second semester and start practicing with the team.

With him more than likely being the starting PG next year this extra practice will familiarize himself with the offense quicker and just as important, get in sync with this years freshman class who will be counted on for a bigger role next year because of the expected departures from this years roster.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
IMG_6511.gif

Reaction Score
Hopefully this silences the oh no Kentucky is in on him and Calipari gets the guys he really wants crowd. Say it with me gang…We. Are. Back. Welcome Ahmad!
Kentucky wasn't really recruiting him. Idk who wasn't interested--very easily could have been Ahmad--but let's not get excited. The chances of us reeling in a player UK seriously recruits is small. See: Justin Edwards.

You can be excited for this commitment without this fabricated narrative.
Calipari offered Nowell a scholarship in person and remarked about the guard’s abilities on both ends of the floor. “He talked about the things that he loved about me, how hard I played on offense, like my decision-making and my shot-making “ Nowell told the Inquirer. And Kentucky wasn’t really recruiting him?????

Reaction Score
UConn staff continues to secure commitments once they get guys on campus. Add this one to the list… he’s certainly not the same athlete but he’s got a little bit of Scoot Henderson vibes to him. Undersized guard whose built like a Mack Truck and plays his tail off. Clearly cares about winning. Really happy with this one, can never have enough guys who bring the energy like he does.

Reaction Score
With the overall talent we have, we don't need our point guard to score big. We need a great ball handler, distributor who's strong and can take it to the hoop and score and draw fouls. He's a perfect fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom