2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn! | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Going to be much better than first team all conference?
Yes better than rj. Rj was a score first and decent distributor. Could not readily get a good shot at end of games. In all fairness he did not have the supporting cast. We are looking more and kemba or shabazz here, not rj 2

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yes better than rj. Rj was a score first and decent distributor. Could not readily get a good shot at end of games. In all fairness he did not have the supporting cast. We are looking more and kemba or shabazz here, not rj 2
Obviously I hope he turns into kemba or shabazz, but RJ was first team all Big East his senior year, that’s an ideal outcome for a small guard.

Reaction Score
Obviously I hope he turns into kemba or shabazz, but RJ was first team all Big East his senior year, that’s an ideal outcome for a small guard.
Again, nice player with no tournament wins. All big east not my barometer. Again, no knock on rj, just expecting much more. Time will tell but will be surprised if i am wrong. Key to the class.

Reaction Score
Again, nice player with no tournament wins. All big east not my barometer. Again, no knock on rj, just expecting much more. Time will tell but will be surprised if i am wrong. Key to the class.
RJ is the one player that we can't blame for the no tournament wins thing. He was dominant in the 2nd half against NMSU.

Reaction Score
RJ is the one player that we can't blame for the no tournament wins thing. He was dominant in the 2nd half against NMSU.
I don’t blame him, it was a team effort. Mostly on hurley.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Ah yes, comparing him to arguably the two greatest Husky guards of all time. The BY's favorite pastime.

Reaction Score
Wats with the shots towards RJ? We coulda did a WHOLE lot worse at PG during his years, dude displayed strong leadership and I'll never forget the nova game, coming up from low level D1 and to perform as admirably as he did is something i respect immensely

Reaction Score
I'm reading the posts and I'm like huh LOL
Once again, i think nowell is going to be a star. That is my point. I did not choose to compare him to rj and said rj was a very good player. I think he will be a far superior player, that simple.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
For context purposes I think 2nd team was Jared Bynum who averaged 12.2 pts and 4 asts. It wasn’t a lot of competition for the 1st team spot.

RJ played hard for us during his time here, but I’d think we’d want to continue to recruit more talented players.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Ah yes, comparing him to arguably the two greatest Husky guards of all time. The BY's favorite pastime.
Which one of our past guards would be a favorable comparison?

We have a pretty rich history at the position.

Reaction Score
Which one of our past guards would be a favorable comparison?

We have a pretty rich history at the position.
You need to get used to these comparisons. Uconn will be sending a lot of guys to nba in future years. The bar has been raised and more special players will arrive every year. Nowell is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom