ACC not totally out of the picture | The Boneyard

ACC not totally out of the picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If these rumblings about Notre Dame joining and an ACC Network are true, the ACC might be looking to add 1 more school. Hmmmmm, where can we find a solid university on the Atlantic coast?

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Step 1- Find brick wall

Step 2- Bang head against it

Step 3- Order a good bourbon on the rocks (Litchfield is very nice)

Step 4- Repeat step 3

Reaction Score
There are also rumors Notre Dame is looking elsewhere and the ACCN is not happening. What else you got? :D

Reaction Score
The ACC is so screwed.

Look at this conference. Some smaller private schools in unappealing places or like Wake Forest plunked down among 3 other conference schools, and they sit alongside 3 schools in excellent markets/geography (Virginia/North Carolina/FSU), schools just waiting to be upgraded to a conference where they can make the money they deserve.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The ACC is so screwed.

Look at this conference. Some smaller private schools in unappealing places or like Wake Forest plunked down among 3 other conference schools, and they sit alongside 3 schools in excellent markets/geography (Virginia/North Carolina/FSU), schools just waiting to be upgraded to a conference where they can make the money they deserve.
I lean toward this thinking a lot but with recent and past Big 12 moves I really think the ACC will survive and the Big 12 will dissolve. Texas is already looking at the door and when they leave OU will join quickly. Maybe OU goes to the B1G and they take UVA or UNC to join them. If they do this, it hurts the ACC but they can just add UConn. If all hell really breaks loose it's very possible it's the ACC still standing and not the Big 12. Without OU and Texas, two schools who can easily pick their conference, the Big 12 is worthless and will likely be below the ACC in the pecking order for being the final P4 conference, if that's the end game.

In reality, who the heck knows?!?

Reaction Score
If these rumblings about Notre Dame joining and an ACC Network are true, the ACC might be looking to add 1 more school. Hmmmmm, where can we find a solid university on the Atlantic coast?
I think you are wishing for a miracle. The whole discussion, and decision, is about football. UCONN football is of no national status, period. They should play in the ivy league.

Basketball ( mens and women ) is a different tale. National champ level teams every season. But football is what this is all about, right?

I fear that UCONN will, again, be left at the dance with no partner.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think you are wishing for a miracle. The whole discussion, and decision, is about football. UCONN football is of no national status, period. They should play in the ivy league.

Basketball ( mens and women ) is a different tale. National champ level teams every season. But football is what this is all about, right?

With fans like you who needs enemies?

Reaction Score

You have just won our daily sweepstakes. Here is your prize.

13213784444_a649cc0cb8_b_d.jpg

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Thanks for your insight,... now wander back over to the Women's BB board.

I've actually come to a realization. Women's fans want our football to be as bad/irrelevant as possible because they want WBB to hog all of the attention.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I've actually come to a realization. Women's fans want our football to be as bad/irrelevant as possible because they want WBB to hog all of the attention.

Hope you are being funny! As a women's fan (season tickets) I want the football team to be highly successful.

Reactions: pj

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score

disllike.jpg

Reaction Score

Ummm no, conference realignment was never about football. It was always about money...there is just more money in football. That said, just because UConn is not a perennial power football program does not mean UConn could not bring financial value to a conference. Particularly if that conference has a network or is trying to build a network.

"Conference realignment is all about football" is the crutch of the ignorant and the trolls. Based on the fact you have 25 posts and stated "you (not we) are wishing for a miracle" I am going with a troll but it is possible you could be an ignorant troll. Not surprising those characteristics often go together....

Reaction Score

Where have you been? This go-around it's about money, full year content and networks.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

This is like when John Kasich tried to lecture a bunch of Hasidic Jews on the Old Testament.

You're out of your element, Donnie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman