ACC not totally out of the picture | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC not totally out of the picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All WBB fans should hope we get to P5 before Geno retires. It will be a hole new ball game when he does if not in P5

Must... Resist... Urge...

Sorry, but I can't help myself.

Do you realize you just posted the phrase "hole new ballgame" when referring to women's basketball?

I think you just coined the WNBA's catchphrase for next season.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Do you realize you just posted the phrase "hole new ballgame" when referring to women's basketball?

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes.gif

Reaction Score

I know i forgot the w. LOL

Reaction Score
I lean toward this thinking a lot but with recent and past Big 12 moves I really think the ACC will survive and the Big 12 will dissolve. Texas is already looking at the door and when they leave OU will join quickly. Maybe OU goes to the B1G and they take UVA or UNC to join them. If they do this, it hurts the ACC but they can just add UConn. If all hell really breaks loose it's very possible it's the ACC still standing and not the Big 12. Without OU and Texas, two schools who can easily pick their conference, the Big 12 is worthless and will likely be below the ACC in the pecking order for being the final P4 conference, if that's the end game.

In reality, who the heck knows?!?
Not convinced that Texas will leave if given a viable option to stay. Texas loves being the shark in their little pond and getting to push everyone else around.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Not convinced that Texas will leave if given a viable option to stay. Texas loves being the shark in their little pond and getting to push everyone else around.

Part of me thinks that everyone in the Big 12 knows what they need to do, even Texas. It's short term thinking vs. long term reward. I can't see how a real Big12 network wouldn't actually make more money than the Longhorn network. It's so limited in scope. They're just mad because they'll have to give up their shiny toy that no one else has in order to get it. Then you get the traditionalists that are still pissed there's even a national championship playoff and just want to go back to the good old days. Seriously these witless rubes act like playing an away game in CT every few years is the end of civilization as we know it.

Just add Cinci and UConn now, re-brand the Longhorn Network as the Big 12 network, and create a title game already.

Reaction Score
I also think that the Big 12 will fold. Texas is going to go independent. Oklahoma is going to join the SEC. The SEC will steal one of the Big 3 schools in the ACC, Florida State, North Carolina or Virginia. The Big 10 then will realize that they need to move quickly. UConn will be added as well as one of the meaningless Big 12 school. The rest the PAC 12 will grab. The MWC will get bigger, CUSA will get bigger and the Sun Belt also. See how easy it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom