ACC expansion | Page 13 | The Boneyard

ACC expansion

Reaction Score
Still waiting for a single CT journalist to report on whether uconn was trying to negotiate their way in via a Cal or Stanford style cut.

Reaction Score
SMU is going to be making more for the next 7 years than they do in the AAC, even when they take zero media dollars. They will still get NCAA and CFP payouts, and other payouts which equal more than the AAC total with media. They will actually make even more because the games will have higher attendance and being in a better conference increases revenue in itself. They need less donors in the ACC even when they get zero media money than they do in the AAC.
And every nickel will be eaten up by travel and then some. Sheer desperation by the ACC, with no added value. Once again, DFW does not care about SMU football and never has.

Reaction Score
ESPN got nothing on the cheap and really had no say - their contract specifies that they pay X for new members.
True, but I have to imagine ESPN is loving this. The moves contribute to the dissolution of the conference and that horrid contract ESPN is locked into until 2036. Worst case scenario for ESPN is that they keep many of these properties in the SEC and B12, while unloading the minnows of the ACC into a smaller contract

Reaction Score
UConn didn't have the wiggliest worm for bait...

No huge addition of households like Texas and California for ACCN carriage fee boost...(already have New York).

Add in offers to not take any media money for seven years or to play for a only a 30% distribution.

It was a good deal for the ACC....more money for half a decade or more, the ACC shored up in case several teams leave...there were rumors that ESPN floated the bogeyman of invoking the composition clause and cutting monies if the conference fell below 15.

The ACC will be there...it is about survival in a dog eat Pac 12 world.

Reaction Score
UConn didn't have the wiggliest worm for bait...

No huge addition of households like Texas and California for ACCN carriage fee boost...(already have New York).

Add in offers to not take any media money for seven years or to play for a only a 30% distribution.

It was a good deal for the ACC....more money for half a decade or more, the ACC shored up in case several teams leave...there were rumors that ESPN floated the bogeyman of invoking the composition clause and cutting monies if the conference fell below 15.

The ACC will be there...it is about survival in a dog eat Pac 12 world.
I can't be the only one tired of billyboy telling us we are absolute dog poop worth nothing can I?

Reaction Score
SEC is licking its chops as it accumulates advantage after advantage. Now it is geography and travel (time and expense) for players, families, and fans.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was totally kidding. We are dead. But at least we get to play Seton Hall.
the misfits cheers GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Reaction Score
Sheer desperation by the ACC, with no added value.
Wrong, The ACC will now be receiving extra money to appease their top teams, so they win. ESPN wins by maintaining control over college football and ensuring the PAC will no longer be a power conference, they like playing God.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't be the only one tired of billyboy telling us we are absolute dog poop worth nothing can I?
Let them rub our noses in it. They can fill their trophy cases with TV money and "power" status. We'll fill ours with national championships.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wrong, The ACC will now be receiving extra money to appease their top teams, so they win. ESPN wins by maintaining control over college football, they like playing God.
Well, no amount of money would actually "appease" those teams, and as @upstater points out, their three top teams opposed this move. To me that means that the bulk of us money isn't going to them, but we will see.

Reaction Score
Well, no amount of money would actually "appease" those teams, and as @upstater points out, their three top teams opposed this move. To me that means that the bulk of us money isn't going to them, but we will see.

The hold up was probably the top teams demanding all of the new money.

Reaction Score
Yeah this was all aside from the top 3, saying "you want more money? Here is more money, you can have it at the expense of new teams, not ours, and oh by the way we are taking our share of that more money as well!"

Reaction Score
Let them rub our noses in it. They can fill their trophy cases with TV money and "power" status. We'll fill ours with national championships.

Lol.. do you really believe this? It takes money to hire big time coaches. How do you plan to do this with the little money we get from the Big East media deal?

Reaction Score
We can all be tired of it, but he is usually correct.
Eh, he is always crying that FSU should be getting more money. If that were true, they would be. Just like our predicament.

Reaction Score
Lol.. do you really believe this? It takes money to hire big time coaches. How do you plan to do this with the little money we get from the Big East media deal?
We've been doing it on "the little money" for more than a decade. How long are we supposed to wait for all that power conference money to result in our demise? In the long run we're all dead anyway.

Reaction Score

I only posted what others on this board posted....that the added ACC teams threw in incentives and that California and Texas added value to the ACCN.

And thus they had a "wiggly bait".

Reaction Score
Varsity Athletics
Stanford 38
Berkely 30
Granted not all 68 will be traveling to paly 3,000 miles from campus but that is still a sheet-ton of jet fuel, and jet lag. What a disaster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom