ACC 2023 Off-Season and Season Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC 2023 Off-Season and Season Predictions

Reaction Score
The leg brace is kinda bulky but happy she's able to be on the court a bit this summer. I feel like FSU is flying under the radar a bit.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
batman-sad.gif

Heartbreaking for her, huge blow to the team, and gut wrenching news to our fans. She had an very good summer playing in the USA 3x3 Team tournament and FIBA Asia Cup for the Philippines, and I expected her to be one of the top backup PG's in the ACC. DeJesus was the most experienced player on the team, and such a calming presence while on the court. I feel sick.

Reaction Score
View attachment 90237

Heartbreaking for her, huge blow to the team, and gut wrenching news to our fans. She had an very good summer playing in the USA 3x3 Team tournament and FIBA Asia Cup for the Philippines, and I expected her to be one of the top backup PG's in the ACC. DeJesus was the most experienced player on the team, and such a calming presence while on the court. I feel sick.
I'm sorry, injuries really are the worst. Hoping this is the last we hear of them the rest of the offseason. Can't take it anymore.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, injuries really are the worst. Hoping this is the last we hear of them the rest of the offseason. Can't take it anymore.
I echo this 1000 percent. I always liked DeJesus. She's tough-minded and plays the right way. Never heard her complain when minutes were taken away from her, just played her role. Tough loss for Duke.

Reaction Score
View attachment 90237

I liked her a lot although at times I felt she was under utilized. It's a good thing that brought in that transfer from BC

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I liked her a lot although at times I felt she was under utilized. It's a good thing that brought in that transfer from BC

There are some Duke fans that are convinced that if Coach had played her down the stretch of the 2nd round tournament game, we would have advanced to the Sweet 16.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

August 28, 2023

Sources: 'Continued momentum' for ACC to add schools​

A decision on ACC expansion is expected this week, and sources told ESPN that there's "continued momentum" toward the league adding Stanford, Cal, and SMU to the league.

After a weekend of conversations, a source told ESPN that the details of the potential additions are "only in pencil," but it's trending in the direction of happening. One of four ACC schools that had previously objected to the additions -- Clemson, Florida State, NC State and North Carolina -- needed to change its vote, and that is expected to happen this week.

It's interesting to see how badly Stanford, Cal, and SMU want to join the ACC. For the past two months, I read comments here from UConn fans and boosters that the ACC is the last P5 conference UConn should want to join because it will spiral downward in the coming years. To see these three schools "groveling" and the feet of the conference to gain acceptance makes me wonder if those posters were wrong.

I always thought the ACC was the best place for UConn to be, but I'm not as familiar with the logistics or politics as those folks closer to UConn's football program than me. The ACC can't be too bad if two West Coast schools are willing to join and forgo TV revenue proceeds for years to come. IMHO, I think UConn would be much better off in the ACC than being an independent, but they have got to be invited first. And that hasn't happened.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lying No Way GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Jk. I like the team a lot but every team is great in August. After using only 6 last year I'd be surprised to see a super deep rotation.

He didn't specify how deep, so if it goes to an 8-man rotation, that's progress if you ask me ;).

Reaction Score

Was a decent listen. A Little worried how she never mentions Toomey in some of the summer discussions. She may get limited playing time.

Reaction Score

Was a decent listen. A Little worried how she never mentions Toomey in some of the summer discussions. She may get limited playing time.

I wouldn't put too much into it. A 12 minute interview isn't a lot of time and considering they talked about the shooting and the conference additions, that took a fair portion of the interview.

Also, not surprised she focused on the seniors and transfers. Any opportunity to get Kelly and Utsby attention, with the WNBA on their radar, she's going to promote them whenever possible. Heck, she didn't say much about the transfers other than their school and a highlight about their career.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

I debated about posting those quotes, but then someone on our board pointed out that her interview was from the day after the announcement, on the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend, so it's possible some coaches may have reached out since then.

Also, FWIW, multiple fans and alums of other ACC schools have stopped by our board to introduce themselves and give a primer on their schools and campuses. So far, ACC fans seem like some great folks! While I am still deeply mourning the end of the Pac-12, and wish it hadn't come to this, I do think the ACC will be a great fit for Stanford, gaping geographic challenges notwithstanding.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I got UNC winning the acc not va tech because I think kitley is too soft to be dominant
I had the fortunate chance to see Kitley and the whole VPI team in Seattle as we stayed at the same hotel as they did and I have to say, I completely disagree with your assessment. I do think VPI (as my ode to @triaddukefan who calls them that) will win the ACC. I also have Duke finishing higher than UNC as, frankly, the duo of Banghart and Kelly have turned me off and I do want to curry favor with @CamrnCrz1974 and Triad. :D

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I debated about posting those quotes, but then someone on our board pointed out that her interview was from the day after the announcement, on the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend, so it's possible some coaches may have reached out since then.

Also, FWIW, multiple fans and alums of other ACC schools have stopped by our board to introduce themselves and give a primer on their schools and campuses. So far, ACC fans seem like some great folks! While I am still deeply mourning the end of the Pac-12, and wish it hadn't come to this, I do think the ACC will be a great fit for Stanford, gaping geographic challenges notwithstanding.
Whoa. I haven't dropped by this thread for quite some time because -- save for recruiting news -- September is a bit of a dead zone until official practices begin at the end of the month.

So, belatedly, official welcome to the ACC where you'll find Notre Dame in many of the 300+ (or is it 30-something ;)) sports that Stanford participates in. I've been watching a lot of women's soccer, which Stanford does quite well, as does the ACC, so that will make the conference even stronger than it already is. One more thing to compete in ....

Actually, now that I think of it, we have another recruit to battle over. Kennedy Umeh chose The Farm over The Bend. Now, the services for Kateryna (Kate) Koval are continuing, with Kate just spending her weekend in South Bend (beautiful weather, spirited campus ). Hopefully, this battle will go the Irish way!

Welcome aboard where the conversations will take on many one-on-one instances between our two schhools.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I laud the SEC and ACC for the pairings that they have come up with as they tried to match the strong teams against other strong teams. So I hope Triad skips this section of the dialogue as this match up sheet is implying Duke is 4th or even 5th/6th in the ACC pecking order after VPI, UNC, ND, then possibly Louisville and Miami as I think MSU and Ole Miss are considered stronger than Georgia....I can see the GIF now when he reads this.....
Phone Reaction GIF by G2 Esports

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I laud the SEC and ACC for the pairings that they have come up with as they tried to match the strong teams against other strong teams. So I hope Triad skips this section of the dialogue as this match up sheet is implying Duke is 4th or even 5th/6th in the ACC pecking order after VPI, UNC, ND, then possibly Louisville and Miami as I think MSU and Ole Miss are considered stronger than Georgia....I can see the GIF now when he reads this.....
Phone Reaction GIF by G2 Esports

Actually I think Duke finishes in 1Oth, though my opinion might change before the first Monday of November.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@cancontent

I was being serious. I dont want to finish in 10th, cause that would mean a Wednesday afternoon ACC Tournament game.... And Wednesdays in Greensboro are normally reserved for the dregs like Wake Forest, Pitt, Clemson, and usually BC and UVA. No offense to fans of the dregs.

Reaction Score
@cancontent

I was being serious. I dont want to finish in 10th, cause that would mean a Wednesday afternoon ACC Tournament game.... And Wednesdays in Greensboro are normally reserved for the dregs like Wake Forest, Pitt, Clemson, and usually BC and UVA. No offense to fans of the dregs.

I laughed because the teams you just referenced. I can't see Duke regressing that much where they'd be in such a position. From what I recall, with the exception of UVA, I don't believe the rest of the teams you've listed have done much to improve this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom