AAC/UConn Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC/UConn Bracketology

Reaction Score
I just ran the following scenario through RPI Forecast (RPI Forecast)
Beat Monmouth, Coppin State, Auburn, Tulsa (x2), East Carolina (x2), UCF (home), Tulane, Memphis (x2), Houston, South Florida, Temple (home)
Lose Syracuse, Arizona, Wichita St. (x2), Nova, SMU, Temple (away), UCF (away), Cincinnati (x2)

(doesn't even consider AAC tourney where historically Ollie's teams have done well)

Apparently that gives a 19-12 record and an RPI of 42 and an SOS of 25, which is good enough to get in. If this is accurate, this is a very pessimistic and attainable scenario to get into the tournament.

Reaction Score
I just ran the following scenario through RPI Forecast (RPI Forecast)
Beat Monmouth, Coppin State, Auburn, Tulsa (x2), East Carolina (x2), UCF (home), Tulane, Memphis (x2), Houston, South Florida, Temple (home)
Lose Syracuse, Arizona, Wichita St. (x2), Nova, SMU, Temple (away), UCF (away), Cincinnati (x2)

(doesn't even consider AAC tourney where historically Ollie's teams have done well)

Apparently that gives a 19-12 record and an RPI of 42 and an SOS of 25, which is good enough to get in. If this is accurate, this is a very pessimistic and attainable scenario to get into the tournament.
I think we’d still need 1-3 of those games in the bottom group. 22-9 would surely be in, anything less would be more and more dicey. The lack of quality wins, regardless of our RPI would sink us I think if we didn’t pick up a couple from the bottom group.

Starts to make you realize how big a game like that Arkansas one really was and how not silly thinking about this at this point in the season is.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Bracketology with Joe Lunardi

Latest bracketology from Lunardi has 2 AAC teams in it.

Wichita State is a 3 seed in Dallas
Cincinnati is a 4 seed in Boise

Houston is in the "First Four Out" after losing to Tulane on the road last night
SMU is in the "Next Four Out" despite beating WSU on the road last night and wins over 3 top 15 teams (Arizona neutral, Wichita State road, USC home)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If Joe thinks SMU is currently out after beating Zona and WSU on the road, he is nuts. Historically he tends to miss quite a few teams per year any way, so I do not fully trust him. IF SMU maintains a similar pace, maybe finishing 21-10 or something like that, no way they miss out.

Reaction Score
Oops, I just saw that the thread was from November. I thought Loonardi lost his mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom