AAC Tournament: Friday (SMU vs ECU, Memphis vs UCF, Tulsa vs Cincinnati) | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament: Friday (SMU vs ECU, Memphis vs UCF, Tulsa vs Cincinnati)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
SMU (-18) vs ECU at 12noon on ESPN2

UCF (-1.5) vs Memphis at 2ET on ESPN2

Cincinnati (-14.5) vs Tulsa at 7ET on ESPNU

Who ya got? I'm curious to see if ECU can remain competitive with SMU for at least a half. For them to have a prayer today they need Barkley to go off again and for Washington to stay out of foul trouble. ECU has been a terrible 3 point shooting team all year but they've shot it much better as of late. Should be a high scoring game.

As for UCF vs Memphis, I'd like to think UCF could win this one, but I feel like Memphis will pull it out. UCF has really made strides this year and I'm curious to see their development next year. The Knights are my "sleeper" team to win the AAC tournament- if things break just right for them they have enough talent to pull it out.

Cincinnati should handle Tulsa fairly easily. Tulsa is one of the worst shooting teams I've ever seen. They went something like 10 minutes without a field goal yesterday and still won. Not going to get it done against Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
Anyone who's at the second session for UConn should be rooting hard for Tulsa. I know it's a long shot for them to win but they actually only lost by 2 to Cincy at home this year. Never know what can happen in March.

Drew

Reaction Score
Also I'll say attendance is better today. 2000 for the day games and for Cincinnati Tulsa tonight I'll say 6k with 10k for the UConn Houston game.

Curious to see if SMU/Cincinnati/UCF/Memphis also brought their band and cheerleaders. I know Tulsa has both, not sure about ECU.

Drew

Reaction Score
Anyone who's at the second session for UConn should be rooting hard for Tulsa. I know it's a long shot for them to win but they actually only lost by 2 to Cincy at home this year. Never know what can happen in March.
the thing with Cincinnati is they're still prone to those long scoring droughts that every Cincinnati team has had forever. They are just way fewer and further between this year. But look at the @ Tulsa game for them and the @ UCF game- both games they should've won handily on paper yet eeked out a win against Tulsa and lost to UCF scoring something like 48 points. Like you said anything is possible in March, lets somehow hope Tulsa can make it work tonight.

Reaction Score
Wont happen, BUT I would love both SMU and Cincy lose today. It would bring the AAC into national conversation for the next couple of days if ECU and Tulsa both win today - means one bubble team (***cough*** Syracuse) will be sweating on Sunday. And while were at it, hope UCF can make the tourney final - just the idea of Tako Fall in the AAC final will have people tuning in.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
SMU plays pretty bb.

Reaction Score
I honestly think the Top 4 teams are advancing and most will have no trouble doing so. I also think this will be a cincy/smu final which is the best possible final the aac in Hartford could have outside of a Uconn/?? final which I highly doubt will happen (but who knows?)

For three or four bids, a UCF/Houston (or Uconn) final would be great but I can only see one of those two making it, if everything falls right for either. A UCF-Houston final would not generate a lot of interest in Hartford.

Reaction Score
SMU is a damn train. Only a handful of teams in the country are better. If Semi comes back next year, look out.

Drew

Reaction Score
They beat UCF in the 2014 quarterfinals. Every matchup since has been a loss to us.
don't know where this kid got his info from just came across it on twitter. thanks for the correction.

Reaction Score
I can see UCF making a run to the title game. Ton of confidence on their end.

Drew

Reaction Score
I can see UCF making a run to the title game. Ton of confidence on their end.
what do you think about Houston? They have 2 great scorers and are on the bubble needing wins. If they get by us do you think they can get by Cincinnati?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
SMU (-18) vs ECU at 12noon on ESPN2

UCF (-1.5) vs Memphis at 2ET on ESPN2

Cincinnati (-14.5) vs Tulsa at 7ET on ESPNU

Who ya got? I'm curious to see if ECU can remain competitive with SMU for at least a half. For them to have a prayer today they need Barkley to go off again and for Washington to stay out of foul trouble. ECU has been a terrible 3 point shooting team all year but they've shot it much better as of late. Should be a high scoring game.

As for UCF vs Memphis, I'd like to think UCF could win this one, but I feel like Memphis will pull it out. UCF has really made strides this year and I'm curious to see their development next year. The Knights are my "sleeper" team to win the AAC tournament- if things break just right for them they have enough talent to pull it out.

Cincinnati should handle Tulsa fairly easily. Tulsa is one of the worst shooting teams I've ever seen. They went something like 10 minutes without a field goal yesterday and still won. Not going to get it done against Cincinnati.

I have SMU over 127. Going to be a sweat.

Reaction Score
what do you think about Houston? They have 2 great scorers and are on the bubble needing wins. If they get by us do you think they can get by Cincinnati?

I think Gray and Dotson have what it takes. But honestly, being that they have traveled a long ways on the road I wouldn't be surprised if they started off cold and couldn't recover from there. Not putting my money on it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ECU has beought neither cheerleaders nor any band.

Good stuff.

Drew

Reaction Score
Good for ECU cutting it to 15 with 8 minutes left. They have obviously improved since their last meeting with SMU- which they lost by 40 in Dallas

Drew

Reaction Score
ECU has beought neither cheerleaders nor any band.

Good stuff.
Does SMU have theirs there? Saw some of the game earlier at lunch but couldn't tell

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does SMU have theirs there? Saw some of the game earlier at lunch but couldn't tell

Yes and they are the best in the league.

ECU looks to have brought 15 or so parents total.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Oh what a surprise. SMU goes on their usual 20 point lead and then coasts and answers every basket to keep the lead at 20. Really sick of them. I want them to get spanked for a change. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Drew

Reaction Score
Woah ECU has cut it to 10! Hope they can pull it off would be an insane comeback

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom