A thought about Dawn Staley's Demeanor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A thought about Dawn Staley's Demeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dee is working the Ohio St. vs. Maryland game. I know there are those of you who don't like her. She is one of the best referees in the game.
No, the very best.

Reaction Score
Dawn's intensity can be a double-edged sword, but I thought it worked for her last night. She did a great job working the refs, and kept her team motivated at a couple of points where they could have given up.

Reaction Score
I think we are talking about under pressure.
But she is a sour puss.

Division I coach, number 2 in the coumtry, tough conference..she is under pressure most nights and her demeanor has built one of the top 4 programs in the country in less than 5 years.. So i guess it would be better if she smiled more...maybe danced a little...

Reaction Score
I couldn't help recalling a Buddha quote from 26 centurys ago: "Anger is a poison that some people drink in the belief that it will kill someone else." Most cardiologists today believe in Buddha. It is unhealthy for all concerned.

Reaction Score
I think Coach Staley has got a bad case of what the urban dictionary would call RBF.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=RBF

I thought she did a good job last night keeping her team competing even though they were down big almost from the beginning. She also earned her team a few calls. I agree with those who have noted successful male coaches who carried themselves the same way. Pat Summitt wasn't exactly easy on the refs nor is Geno. It's part of the game and one that I personally find enjoyable. I used to love to listen to Jim Calhoun at the men's games. There wasn't a lot that I could repeat at the dinner table but it was funny stuff.

HGN

Reaction Score
I really didn't take offense with Dawn's demeanor at all.............Just a coach trying to get refs swayed their way into looking at things. Just a fiery coach. It seems to have worked too because the refs called many , many fouls SC's way. And that's what Dawn was after. She was doing what coaches do........ARGUE with refs. I have never seen a coach go up to a ref and say....." Great call on my guy ref. You should call a foul on her every time for that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom