A thought about Dawn Staley's Demeanor | The Boneyard

A thought about Dawn Staley's Demeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-women/article44558364.html

You could see it in tonight's game, too. Dawn has only two gears: very intense and extremely intense. I think it hurts her players. UConn players smile when the call goes against them; SC players mimic Dawn's reactions, and that adds an emotional distraction. Geno may not always be cool (and he certainly wasn't when he was younger), but he's got enough support around him (aka CD) to keep his guys emotionally level.

Reaction Score
She was loud and crazy tonight and a couple of times got out of control. But she accomplished what she wanted to; she intimidated 3 poor officials in to making calls to benefit her team. So I give her kudos for that.

I can only hope 3 better ones get the rematch.

Reaction Score
C. Viv. Her contorted facial expressions and demeanor are C. Viv personified. Had to look twice tonight to make sure we weren't playing Rutgers!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Having a coach act like a raving maniac does not instill a sense of calm in her players. Or anybody else.
I couldn't agree more... so glad UConn doesn't have a coach who acts like a raving maniac... Can you imagine CD having to deal with someone like that... like, you know, step between them and an official or something?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-women/article44558364.html

You could see it in tonight's game, too. Dawn has only two gears: very intense and extremely intense. I think it hurts her players. UConn players smile when the call goes against them; SC players mimic Dawn's reactions, and that adds an emotional distraction. Geno may not always be cool (and he certainly wasn't when he was younger), but he's got enough support around him (aka CD) to keep his guys emotionally level.

So are you saying deameanor Dawn gets, de more she loses?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The respective demeanors work for each coach. I certainly hope that even an entire game of being out of control (NOT THE CASE) during a game can be off set by hundreds of hours teaching and instructing her team and leading them to a final 4.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Dawn has said she wishes she could stay as calm as Geno. Clearly she hadn't experienced Geno even during his first championship year. Wine ages. Sometimes finely and sometime a bit too keen.

Reaction Score
Oh, the short memories of some fans :)
I think that was sarcasm.

I have great respect for what Dawn's done. But to get the very top level against the top team, emotionally

Reaction Score
on the game thread on the SC blog, about page 7 or 8 home town fans start criticizing their coach....

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Dee is working the Ohio St. vs. Maryland game. I know there are those of you who don't like her. She is one of the best referees in the game.
Taurasi retired from the W and chose reffing over coaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom