A Name to Remember: Sam Brunelle - 2019 William Monroe (VA) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Name to Remember: Sam Brunelle - 2019 William Monroe (VA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here's a Blue Star evaluation of Brunelle from the summer of 2014.

Samantha Brunelle – 2019 – Ruckersville, Va. – Wing with size and build…Effective scorer inside – out…Has range…Can create her own…Great mentality
Sounds like a bulkier EDD.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Samantha Brunelle & Megan Walker maybe on the same Boo Williams Elite AAU team this spring. Note to Self: Book hotel for Boo Williams now.

I say this out of observation rather than criticism: if you can make the trek to watch high school underclass girls play basketball, you are incredibly dedicated to your sport of choice. And " incredibly dedicated " is something of a euphemism. Again, who am I to judge?

Reaction Score
I say this out of observation rather than criticism: if you can make the trek to watch high school underclass girls play basketball, you are incredibly dedicated to your sport of choice. And " incredibly dedicated " is something of a euphemism. Again, who am I to judge?
When I retire and I am independently wealthy, I will do the same. Enjoy life and do what you love.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have been going to Boo Williams and other high level AAU tournaments for about a decade and 1/2 now straight. Had two daughters that grew up in the sport and I was/have been hooked. I enjoy watching these girls play and the growth in their game before the rest of world gets to know them.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I have been going to Boo Williams and other high level AAU tournaments for about a decade and 1/2 now straight. Had two daughters that grew up in the sport and I was/have been hooked. I enjoy watching these girls play and the growth in their game before the rest of world gets to know them.

Makes total sense. It'll feel like your own daughter was at Boo Williams when she makes some flavor of All American, hits a GW shot, and/or walk up-stage to the wNBA commissioner after she's drafted. It's just very early for some, and for others, the sound of "I've followed you since you were 14" might just be bit creepy, albeit completely unintentional.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Another evaluation, this time from Blue Star's Prentice Beverly during the summer of '14:

Samantha Brunelle BWSL Richmond: a 6-2 prototype forward very skilled. Brunelle played extremely well showing herself to be a low post presence at both ends of the floor. She has a really strong interior game which is a nice blend of athleticism and power. Brunelle also showed that she has a nice face up attack with an effective midrange jumper that extends out to the 3pt line. The rebounding is there and with the ability to put the ball on the floor she does a great job initiating the fast break. Brunelle has all the tools and skills to very successful and should be considered as Top 25 prospect in Class of 2019.

http://www.ballnprepgirls.com/?p=4154

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Missed this thread earlier. I, too, enjoy watching youth sports, particularly in the ones my girls played and/or I coached: soccer, basketball, lacrosse. I'm going to drive up 9 miles tonight to see NJ frosh sensation Michelle Sidor, and will probably head down to the Shore this weekend to see Mabrey3 (Dara) and another frosh, Faith Masonius (who has strong ties to Geno via her mom, from what I understand.).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
and another frosh, Faith Masonius (who has strong ties to Geno via her mom, from what I understand.).

Thanks for the name. Her brother goes to UConn and plays for the hockey team.

Here's a report on her from a tourney she played against Brunelle in last year:

Faith Masonius - 6'1/2019/ Manasaquan (NJ)/ Exodus Wildcats

A big POINT guard that will have high school opponents shaking their head and college programs coveting her. Masonius was the most complete guard at the showcase and it wasn't close. Fundamentally sound handle, high IQ, physical, can shoot, rebound, pass and finish with the best of them, a legit triple double threat every time she steps on the floor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for the name. Her brother goes to UConn and plays for the hockey team.

Here's a report on her from a tourney she played against Brunelle in last year:

Faith Masonius - 6'1/2019/ Manasaquan (NJ)/ Exodus Wildcats

A big POINT guard that will have high school opponents shaking their head and college programs coveting her. Masonius was the most complete guard at the showcase and it wasn't close. Fundamentally sound handle, high IQ, physical, can shoot, rebound, pass and finish with the best of them, a legit triple double threat every time she steps on the floor.

Faith's Mom (also her AAU coach I believe) played at St Joe's and later coached with CD at UConn for a few years, so I think the Huskies would have the strong inside track.....Faith is a great all around player and if she continues to improve her game I could see serious UConn interest

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Faith's Mom (also her AAU coach I believe) played at St Joe's and later coached with CD at UConn for a few years, so I think the Huskies would have the strong inside track.....Faith is a great all around player and if she continues to improve her game I could see serious UConn interest

Lots of praise for her from different sources. Watched some video clips and she's built similarly to Kyla Irwin. Dan Olsen refers to her as a tweener---I'm thinking that's 3/4 position-wise.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lots of praise for her from different sources. Watched some video clips and she's built similarly to Kyla Irwin. Dan Olsen refers to her as a tweener---I'm thinking that's 3/4 position-wise.
ESPN has her listed as a wing so tweener could be 2/3 also. Or 1/2/3. Does anyone know which AAU team? Exodus from NYC?

Dillon77

Reaction Score

She's been playing down low for Manasquan -- obviously filling a need on the team. Will let you know what I see. My initial interest for Manasquan, of course, came from seeing the third (and final) of the Mabrey sisters (she's a sophomore), but I'd heard -- now read -- good things about Faith. Thanks for making me even more aware of the Conn. connections -- didn't realize they were deep in many aspects of the family. Would seem to be very strong, natural and to some degree, subtle mutual interest if things (like talent and need) play out...for both Masonious and Mabrey players.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
ESPN has her listed as a wing so tweener could be 2/3 also. Or 1/2/3. Does anyone know which AAU team? Exodus from NYC?

This article is dated, but gives you insight on who she played for (Exodus Wildcats) and whom she was with...kind of a who's who of the Jersey shore: http://nothingbutskills.com/aau-spotlight-team-the-wildcats-17-masonius/

And another this summer on Shore players who were going to be frosh...
http://njsportsreport.com/2015/08/26/five-freshman-players-that-you-cannot-miss-in-2016/

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
ESPN has her listed as a wing so tweener could be 2/3 also. Or 1/2/3.

Just based on her video highlights she strikes me as a wing/forward. Frame looked like a thicker Ekmark. That's why I was thinking 3/4.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This article is dated, but gives you insight on who she played for (Exodus Wildcats) and whom she was with...kind of a who's who of the Jersey shore: http://nothingbutskills.com/aau-spotlight-team-the-wildcats-17-masonius/

And another this summer on Shore players who were going to be frosh...
http://njsportsreport.com/2015/08/26/five-freshman-players-that-you-cannot-miss-in-2016/
Thanks. Jersey shore basketball-Love it. My youngest daughter was knee deep in it not so long ago when teams like Red Bank Catholic and Neptune were the teams to beat.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Jersey shore basketball-Love it. My youngest daughter was knee deep in it not so long ago when teams like Red Bank Catholic and Neptune were the teams to beat.

For some reason the South Jersey schools are always excellent at women's basketball and softball.......part of it can be blamed on Tiny Green and NBS in Neptune....a very competitive basketball academy......there have been a bunch of Mabreys, Masonius kids and Clark kids (Faith's Mom is a Clark) who have been great players down there.....my daughter's school team here in Bergen County has won their NJ State group the past few years but when they go south to win the whole thing they keep on running into these excellent programs like Middletown South and Manasquan....

Dillon77

Reaction Score

The Caseys! One of my favorite school names! As I might've recounted, I was dragged down to the shore to watch a game featuring Mabrey 1 and 2 and Katelynn Flaherty. They've all done pretty well...Mabreys at ND and Flaherty setting the scoring record at Michigan. Small worlds all: Flaherty's college coaches are Kim Barnes Erico, the former St. John's coach, and Megan Duffy, the former ND point guard. What goes round...

BTW, one of my ND and Dillon Hall classmates, Bill Paterno, is still on the Jersey Shore circuit and there's a Paterno cited as a promising underclassman. Certainly has a good gene pool....Billy had some good years for Digger Phelps in the mid-70s.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It looks like Geno's class for 2019 could all be players between 6'2" and 6 even. All versatile, smart, skilled ball handlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom