Men - #9 UConn v. Seton Hall Pirates @Elliot Ballpark (Fri. 5/5/23 @7:30p, Sat. 5/6/23 @4:05p & Sun. 5/7/23 @2:30p) Fri/Sat on UConn+. Sunday game on CW20 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Men #9 UConn v. Seton Hall Pirates @Elliot Ballpark (Fri. 5/5/23 @7:30p, Sat. 5/6/23 @4:05p & Sun. 5/7/23 @2:30p) Fri/Sat on UConn+. Sunday game on CW20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Either way, he didn’t tag. The ball drops, he walks home. He shud have been tagged and he wasn’t. Bad baserunning.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Announcers just admitted it was a great throw and that Freeberger may have been out at the plate.

Yea I'm not sure why they were so hard on him. All 3 of their outfielders have plus arms and their outfield was playing in. Nice that they looked back and admitted how good the throw was.

2 on, 2 outs for the Hall. Fly out ends the inning. This bullpen is really rounding into form.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Speed kills. Great baserunning by Smith there allows Studley (who has to be considered an MLB prospect by now if he hadn't been already) to score. Awesome crowd too.

Reaction Score
I was gonna respond yesterday then something shiny went by and i got distracted… I agree we don’t have a proven “ace” yet this year but we sure seemed to have developed a more than capable bullpen staff.
1000% couldn’t agree more

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Hi, I’m new here. Lol. Active on every board, a stalker on this one. Being in Florida, I don’t get to see them live so thank you for the updates. Also, I watched our postseason last year. How does this team compare?

Similar, starting pitcher is a bit weaker but the defense has improved. We are versatile and dangerous but might need a favorable draw to reach Omaha.

Reaction Score
X beats Creighton again. We’re now 1/2 a game up on Xavier, 1.5 on Creighton. Would prefer Creighton takes the last game of their series tomorrow, and hopefully we sweep and get some breathing room for the Big East championship. As of now, the win moved us up one slot in the RPI, to 15.

Reaction Score
Similar, starting pitcher is a bit weaker but the defense has improved. We are versatile and dangerous but might need a favorable draw to reach Omaha.
If we can somehow avoid the top half of the SEC in the regionals/supers we might get there, the talent gap between the SEC and basically every other conference is insane, though. It's literally as good as A/High A ball. Our pitching is very sus even against Big East competition and I think our offensive stats are inflated by weak opponent pitching. Gotta keep the faith though.

Reaction Score

This is probably the best defensive team UConn baseball has had since I have been following the team.

Starting pitching is weaker, and while it is still inconsistent, it has also been showing some improvement of late. Hopefully this improving trend continues. Bullpen is definitely looking better as @huskymedic posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom