Men - #9 UConn @Creighton Bluejays (Thurs. 5/18/23 @7p (EST), Fri. 5/19/23 @7p & Sat. 5/20/23 @1p) Thursday on FS1/Mixlr > Fri./Sat. on FloSports/Mixlr. | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Men #9 UConn @Creighton Bluejays (Thurs. 5/18/23 @7p (EST), Fri. 5/19/23 @7p & Sat. 5/20/23 @1p) Thursday on FS1/Mixlr > Fri./Sat. on FloSports/Mixlr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
So ends a regular season that by all accounts on paper was exceptional and to me surprising based on how much we lost off of last year's team. Goal 1 accomplished, Onto the BET and then let's see where the chips fall. Perspective is interesting. We are bummed about probably losing out at hosting but not too long ago, making the tournament was a difficult enough proposition!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So ends a regular season that by all accounts on paper was exceptional and to me surprising based on how much we lost off of last year's team. Goal 1 accomplished, Onto the BET and then let's see where the chips fall. Perspective is interesting. We are bummed about probably losing out at hosting but not to long ago, making the tournament was a difficult enough proposition!!

I agree with your post, although I never get hung up over the idea of hosting like many people seem to do around here. I will say that I greatly enjoyed attending the 2010 regional in Norwich. One of these years I suspect it will happen again if UConn keeps making the NCAA Tournament.

I just want to make sure UConn makes the NCAA Tournament again, and at this point I highly suspect that will be the case again this season even if UConn does not take the Big East Tourney.

Reaction Score
So ends a regular season that by all accounts on paper was exceptional and to me surprising based on how much we lost off of last year's team. Goal 1 accomplished, Onto the BET and then let's see where the chips fall. Perspective is interesting. We are bummed about probably losing out at hosting but not too long ago, making the tournament was a difficult enough proposition!!
Amen

Reaction Score
Here’s something impressive:

Last year we lost the final series to Gtown after losing zero series to that point. This year? We did not drop a single series the entire regular season. Quite a feat.

Reaction Score
Dominant performance today. Awesome win! Great season so far. Let’s go get ‘‘em at the Big East Tournament. If our starting pitching holds up, I like our chances.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Bummed for Cooke. He looked like his old self and then had to leave. I hope he can come back this year. Any word on what the issue is?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I was at a memorial service for my ex brother in law today. A real good guy and former rugby teammate as well.…coming home to read this thread was really nice after that. Thanks for all the posts everyone! #HookC

Reaction Score
Interesting note - After the fifth inning of the first game, UConn outscored Creighton 22-4 for the rest of the series.

Also, haven't seen the attendance for today's game yet, but they announced about 1400 for the opener and almost 2300 for last night's game. I don't know where they were all sitting, but not in view of the cameras, based on the replays I saw.

Reaction Score
Way to go Morton and Garbo!
Lets go Jellybean Padilla.
Chris Jones talking about more D3 transfers coming to UConn next season. He can't mention names at this point.

As of now there are 1 D3 transfer and 3 JUCO transfers for next season that have been mentioned on the recruiting thread.
Well I am sure Coach McD. Has been in that portal daily. That he has his eye on several SP’s for 2024. That’s what makes him such a great pitching coach, always thinking two or three steps ahead. Go getum Coach McD. …. Get those pitchers for UCONN! 2024 back to back here we come!

Reaction Score
Well I am sure Coach McD. Has been in that portal daily. That he has his eye on several SP’s for 2024. That’s what makes him such a great pitching coach, always thinking two or three steps ahead. Go getum Coach McD. …. Get those pitchers for UCONN! 2024 back to back here we come!

I get the idea from listening to Chris Jones during the game today that UConn has gotten more commitments from D3 transfers than what has appeared on the recruiting thread here on the Boneyard. Hopefully as the summer progresses we will be able to figure out who these players are.

Reaction Score
I
I don’t think there is any question that the regular season surpassed all pre-season expectations. Doesn’t mean the way we played the last five games, prior to today, wasn’t troubling. Less the record and more how we played.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I

I don’t think there is any question that the regular season surpassed all pre-season expectations. Doesn’t mean the way we played the last five games, prior to today, wasn’t troubling. Less the record and more how we played.

I thought yesterday was pretty good; we outhit them 12-3 and unfortunate variance was the only reason that was close. Agree otherwise, the Butler series was painful to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom