9 Seed vs. Colorado | Page 4 | The Boneyard

9 Seed vs. Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Colorado has a very unimpressive resume. But they do rebound well which terrifies me.
Need more info than that. Our regular season wasn't that impressive. I do like us period especially if we continue our good play. I hope we don't look ahead to Kansas.

I'm going to start googling Colorado now though.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Temple won the regular season, we won a 3 game tournament.

Most people had Temple in the last 4, they are a 10. You are wrong that it did not bode well for Temple.

We got the seed most expected
Regular season means less in a league where everyone's schedule is different

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I thought they couldn't put more than two in any one region unless a conference exceeded eight bids.

I guess they changed the rules.

Reaction Score
Regular season means less in a league where everyone's schedule is different
Sure, but that means nothing since we lost to Temple twice during the regular season, we were not AAC regular season champs because of our schedule

Reaction Score
Looking at Colorado's schedule, all their big wins came at home and they lost pretty much all their P12 road games.

Reaction Score
Quick glance at metrics Colorado looks like a worst version of cincy . Josh fortune from providence is their best guard, that definitely doesn't scare me

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'd be fine with playing Austin Peay, personally.
The matchup I want is with Cal. If we get there we'll end up in Texas.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall should be better than a #6 seed, they were projected as an #8 seed before beating the #5 and #3 team in the country.

Reaction Score
Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana are all in Des Moines. That's going to be a tough ticket.

Reaction Score
I know it sounds crazy but we match up well with both Colorado and Kansas . Kansas plays Ellis at center major minutes, we can just trout out Miller to match up with him. Colorado really doesn't have much fire power on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
like 2014, no?

The Buffalo ticket was tough because Syracuse was there AND because Dayton travels very well. But it wasn't impossible. Tex for the first round went for $110-$200 on the secondary market.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Need more info than that. Our regular season wasn't that impressive. I do like us period especially if we continue our good play. I hope we don't look ahead to Kansas.

I'm going to start googling Colorado now though.
22-11 (10-8)
RPI: 35
KP: 55

KenPom gives them a horrible adjusted offensive rating, 115th in the country. There defense is ranked a modest 26th. Their SOS was inflated due to the hype of the Pac12's ability in my opinion.

They went 2-7 on the road in conference play. Only 1 road win in December at Stanford. Wins over Oregon (x2), Arizona, and Cal. Lost to SMU by 4. They have about 12-14 wins over absolute garbage teams. Their SOS of 54 shows that they scheduled no one out of conference.

They kind of fell off when they got into conference play, their latest best win was at home vs. Arizona by 3. I watched that game, and there were a few questionable calls and had their best post player Josh Scott go off for 26 and 9.

I think we should be okay if we stay out of foul trouble down low. They don't really have a point guard, they play it by committee and shoot well from 3. Could create problems trying to break down our defense. They have a couple big boys down low that are 250+ , but only watching them like 2 times this season they are kinda raw. I have no idea its gonna be a good one.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing all the Iowa people bought up the Des Moines tickets expecting Iowa to be there. Iowa residents got first crack at the tickets. Iowa State fans will not be Kansas fans. It will be interesting to see how many tickets Kansas fans can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom