9 Seed vs. Colorado | Page 5 | The Boneyard

9 Seed vs. Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Buffalo ticket was tough because Syracuse was there AND because Dayton travels very well. But it wasn't impossible. Tex for the first round went for $110-$200 on the secondary market.
How do you remember this stuff? Geez I'm too freakin old!

Reaction Score
Actually Kansas Ellis at the power forward not center. You guys got hosed
Who plays center then? I'm looking at your minute distribution and Ellis is the only big getting 25 mpg. You play small quite a bit

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Who plays center then? I'm looking at your minute distribution and Ellis is the only big getting 25 mpg. You play small quite a bit

Landen Lucas?

Reaction Score
Landen Lucas?
Yeah your right he splits time with jamari taylor. they do still play 3 guards so Hamilton is operating at a height advantage. It's quite the opposite of our first real matchup vs Colorado that has some size on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Wow, mid majors didn't get any love, unless they won their tournament. I thought Tulsa was out, but I guess our league wasn't as snubbed as years past. I thought a few more mid majors would get in.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Lucas gets the majority of minutes at Center. His ONLY job is to play defense and rebound. Other than Lucas we play three guards (Selden, Graham and Mason) with Ellis playing the 4. This is a different Bil Self team from the past in that he starts two point guards in Mason and Graham and pretty much everyone with exception of Lucas is a good three point shooter.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Does not bode well for Temple. The AAC champ is a 9 seed?

Look at Cal Bears. 23-10, and a 4 seed.

The AAC is dreck, basically, according to the committee

EDIT: Temple is in as a 10.

Had UConn not won the first 2 games, I think UConn would have been out.

I also think UConn may want to reconsider the tough 7 game P5 OOC schedule. It may not be worth it anymore.

Cal is the most over seeded team in the tournament

caw

Reaction Score
Can anyone explain Oregon State as a seven seed?

And I can't believe Cinci is tempting me to pick them to make a run with that bracket, they always do and I am always disappointed. @kobe

caw

Reaction Score
No. That's my biggest bone of contention.

I kind of get having to play a little lose to avoid conference match ups but make them the 10 seed, not that VCU deserved a 7, but sure as hell more than Oregon State.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Actually Kansas Ellis at the power forward not center. You guys got hosed

As a Husky and a Jayhawk, this was the one matchup I didn't want for either team. I'd like to see them meet in the final 4 instead. I'm annoyed.

UConn is the 8/9 seed most capable of taking down a #1. KU is the strongest #1. This isn't like the young KU teams of recent years.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Other than Lucas we play three guards (Selden, Graham and Mason) with Ellis playing the 4. This is a different Bil Self team from the past in that he starts two point guards in Mason and Graham and pretty much everyone with exception of Lucas is a good three point shooter.

That's an issue. Not exactly our strong suit.

Reaction Score
Does not bode well for Temple. The AAC champ is a 9 seed?

Look at Cal Bears. 23-10, and a 4 seed.

The AAC is dreck, basically, according to the committee

EDIT: Temple is in as a 10.

Had UConn not won the first 2 games, I think UConn would have been out.

I also think UConn may want to reconsider the tough 7 game P5 OOC schedule. It may not be worth it anymore.
So you think beating a team who did not make it to the NIT and a Temple team with an RPI of 63 and Kenpom of 86 moved us up 13 spots? Really?

The seeding and teams who made it made it clear UConn was in whether they beat Cincy or not.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
So you think beating a team who did not make it to the NIT and a Temple team with an RPI of 63 and Kenpom of 86 moved us up 13 spots? Really?

The seeding and teams who made it made it clear UConn was in whether they beat Cincy or not.

Tulsa's inclusion proved that we were already dancing regardless of the Cincy outcome, in my opinion...

Reaction Score

Lunardi was closer to the truth than I gave him credit for. Lesson learned. UConn's seed closely tracked RPI rather than BPI.

Also, realize something: look at when I posted that. Long before Tulsa made the tournament. So, you're kind of answering with the hindsight of knowing Tulsa got in.

Let me ask you: did you expect Tulsa to get in? Because had I known Tulsa was getting in, I wouldnt have written that.

Reaction Score
Tulsa's inclusion proved that we were already dancing regardless of the Cincy outcome, in my opinion...

Yah, but I wrote that before Tulsa got in. I wasn't the only one fairly shocked that they did. In fact, some of the Tulsa players were shocked.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We can't overlook Colorado... a team that shoots the 3 ball well will always be a problem for us because of the way we guard the 3 point line.

Reaction Score
Did I think Tulsa was going to get in? No. No one did, I bet their team and coaches did not even watch the selection show.

But I said before the Cincy game I thought we could get in without winning that game despite Lunardi's incorrect hype of it being an elimination game. Being the #1 9 seed showed that we probably were in before it, and seeing Tulsa get in confirms we were.

ESPN must have got in the ear of Lunardi with the UConn/Cincy game, and with LSU. He had LSU in the first four out as recently as Saturday morning, they did not make the NIT.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yah, but I wrote that before Tulsa got in. I wasn't the only one fairly shocked that they did. In fact, some of the Tulsa players were shocked.

I'm not criticizing what you wrote. I'm confirming that we were in. If it's worth anything, I think that the selection committee got it right. I'm normally one that supports the high-performing mid-major over the middling major. But if you look at some of the teams that were "in" based on Joe Lunardi, you would start to scratch your head.

Monmouth, for example: Here's a team that found a way to lose to Canisius, Army, Manhattan, and Iona twice. I'm sorry, but that's not "high-performing mid-major".
St. Bonaventure: Losses to Hofstra, Duquesne, Siena, La Salle, and Davidson.

At some point, you can't just say that it's due to their strength of schedule. At some point, it's just that they didn't even dominate a poor schedule...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom