9 months | Page 5 | The Boneyard

9 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like you and respect you, dude, but let's be honest about this. If we were losing games because of body composition, then winning against UCF would have been impossible. Competing with ECU to the very end would have been impossible. Period. End of story.

It's not like the players did zero lifting or strength training last year. It's not like we had zero team speed from last year. I hope Matt Balis does some nice work, and I hope the Vitamin D supplements make everyone feel better. But if you think we lost multiple games to bad teams because of "body composition", then I have some land to sell you in the Everglades...
I think to compete with the top fifty programs your athletes have to be really cream of the crop strong. We probably started below average and got to average. I a m not a pt but I have lifted my whole life and know what it takes to turn into a beast. We have no data on where this team started but having a offensive lineman not even doing ten reps of 225 which I can do at the age of 41 tells me the team lagged pretty far behind

Reaction Score
Before I suffered a dehabilitating injury due to it - I was easily in the best shape of my life at 37 doing P90x and didn't change a single thing in my diet.

At 20 with access to professional strength coaches and nutritionists...
Sorry to hear about your injury man. Yes p90x is a great workout and I know people that did it. It's just you don't look like the models on the commercial after one round but you do get results.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Is it possible to think he's not gonna work out here, and not think he should get fired yet all the while hoping I'm wrong?

Did you pass judgement after a year with FHCPP? I don't think so. He has to get his players in here that buy into his way of doing things. He needs two more years at least to see what he will do as a head coach.

Reaction Score
Did you pass judgement after a year with FHCPP? I don't think so. He has to get his players in here that buy into his way of doing things. He needs two more years at least to see what he will do as a head coach.

Actually I lost faith in P after Vandy.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think to compete with the top fifty programs your athletes have to be really cream of the crop strong. We probably started below average and got to average. I a m not a pt but I have lifted my whole life and know what it takes to turn into a beast. We have no data on where this team started but having a offensive lineman not even doing ten reps of 225 which I can do at the age of 41 tells me the team lagged pretty far behind

But again, you're losing sight of the forest for the trees.

The idea that we lost games because we were not physically fit enough is fiction. Period. It's pure fiction. You don't end up playing your best football against the hardest teams on the schedule (UCF, ECU, Boise) when you are not physically fit enough to play. You don't lay eggs against the weakest competition after having performed admirably in bigger games due to a lack of physique.

You lay eggs against the weakest competition because you can't settle on 1 quarterback for even a quarter of a game. You lay eggs against the weakest competition because you decide that you are only going to throw the ball 6 times all game. You lay eggs against the weakest competition because you put your NFL-caliber wide receiver on the bench for crucial third down plays. You lay eggs against the weakest competition because you consider the game a scrimmage, or because you are proud of playing 55 players in one game, or because you want to get your kicker a little more work from the right hash.

Physique....c'mon, man. C'mon. Don't lose that forest for the trees...

Reaction Score

The idea that we lost games because we were not physically fit enough is fiction. Period. It's pure fiction. You don't end up playing your best football against the hardest teams on the schedule (UCF, ECU, Boise) when you are not physically fit enough to play. You don't lay eggs against the weakest competition after having performed admirably in bigger games due to a lack of physique.

You lay eggs against the weakest competition because you can't settle on 1 quarterback for even a quarter of a game. You lay eggs against the weakest competition because you decide that you are only going to throw the ball 6 times all game. You lay eggs against the weakest competition because you put your NFL-caliber wide receiver on the bench for crucial third down plays. You lay eggs against the weakest competition because you consider the game a scrimmage, or because you are proud of playing 55 players in one game, or because you want to get your kicker a little more work from the right hash.

For 97 that is one heck of a rant.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We just gotta be able to beat USF at home. The only time I believe we've ever lost to them at the rent was the debut of Tim Boyle and that game was horribly mismanaged aside from Boyles awful play.
I don't think Boyle played all that badly that game (although in retrospect we would have been far better served if Casey played that day). There were a ton of drops which killed his stat line but that is on the WRs, not the QB.

Reaction Score

His methods are unorthodox no doubt and nobody has ever seen it before doesn't mean it won't work long term

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

I truly believe he has a plan and it is to rebuild from the ground on up. It takes some time as UCONN was set back by the hiring of Pasqualoni. He gets two more years at least otherwise UCONN turns into Arkansas st and other low FBS schools.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Yup. It's the simple things like not putting us in the position to make that pick that just signal a red alert to me.

Diaco already has like ten against him but he'll be given his time regardless of what I say on here

Reaction Score
the folks who never took a statistics 3 credit course at UCONN or a 200 level psyc 3 credits who never understood sample sizes and resultant outcome probabilities or to determine hypotheses to be tested based on powers of observations will continue to preech 2,3,4maybe more yrs to wait for turnaround and in reality sink further in abyss incrementally need to stop hereing preecher man

sadly this applies to way to mayny posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc