9 months | Page 4 | The Boneyard

9 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It can take at least a year to fix poor body composition. I am just glad it got identified and that was the first priority

You are completely out to lunch. It doesn't take a year for an elite athlete in his prime, producing peak HGH and T to fix body composition. Given that the composition probably wasn't that far from where it needed to be to begin with that makes your comment even less credible.

Reaction Score
I would have thought the buzz off of the spiked koolaid would have worn off after the last four games. Guess not.

Reaction Score
We're a long way from the warm and fuzzy Alumni Reception last Summer at the Rent. The next one should be a hoot.

Next summer's alumni dinner at Rentschler, better have the best spread of food and an open bar to warm things up, because there will be some icy looks and questions I'm sure.

Reaction Score
You are completely out to lunch. It doesn't take a year for an elite athlete in his prime, producing peak HGH and T to fix body composition. Given that the composition probably wasn't that far from where it needed to be to begin with that makes your comment even less credible.

elite athletes in their prime...

images1T8TTSO4.jpg

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Next summer's alumni dinner at Rentschler, better have the best spread of food and an open bar to warm things up, because there will be some icy looks and questions I'm sure.
Probably more pleas to attend the games too. If only they told us first that 2014 was an exhibition.

Reaction Score
Probably more pleas to attend the games too. If only they told us first that 2014 was an exhibition.

Season ticket holders should have been refunded a portion of their payments because so many of the games were exhibitions.

Reaction Score

I remember when Coach Bobby got the weird question about empty seats in the stadium, corporate seats and such and Warde jumped up like the limber, sleek and fit cat that he is, to answer it and basically said that if you see empty seats, and have a problem with it - to let him know.

Hey fellas - did you look into the stands as this year went on? There were some empty seats, and they were season tickets.

Huge, huge risk, that was taken this season with the approach taken and it will take a while I think, to earn back what was lost this season. I most likely will renew my seats when the time comes, but the chances of of even maintaining last season's season ticket sales? Slim. The athletic department better be prepared to address a huge drop. I know I would be, if I was in charge.

Reaction Score
And let me guess you believe all the p90x commercials. Look like this in 90 days. They may be showing improvement but from the comments they had a lot of catching up to do to the other elite athletes they are playing. If I had to guess i would they have improved to where they can play but they have to improve to surpass other teams conditioning. We don't know where they started at but if Diaco has lofty goals of getting them into top 25 program condition i doubt they would get there in a few months

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
And let me guess you believe all the p90x commercials. Look like this in 90 days. They may be showing improvement but from the comments they had a lot of catching up to do to the other elite athletes they are playing. If I had to guess i would they have improved to where they can play but they have to improve to surpass other teams conditioning. We don't know where they started at but if Diaco has lofty goals of getting them into top 25 program condition i doubt they would get there in a few months
Is it too much to ask that in 9 months they are conditioned enough to beat the worst team, never mind top 25?

Reaction Score

When someone says it takes 9 months for an elite athlete in their prime then for 99% of the people here, a BS detector goes off. These aren't 40 year old men we are talking about.

Reaction Score
You know what would NOT surprise me at all?

if in a few days, as they finish up the end of season stuff, exit interviews and off-season goal setting planning and all that crap, and their awards ceremony ( pisses me off that yet again, we don't have a bowl game instead of this kind of process.....) but once that is all done, if some kind of press speech or statement doesn't show up with Coach Bobby discussing how it does take 9 months to gestate a baby, and that has been the goal all along, because the entire fan base got f----ked this season really good, and that's how babies happen.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Wow Spack-man- wish I could like more than once!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Before I suffered a dehabilitating injury due to it - I was easily in the best shape of my life at 37 doing P90x and didn't change a single thing in my diet.

At 20 with access to professional strength coaches and nutritionists...

Reaction Score
Wow. I guess Diaco's first season was a success. He hammered home that we suck so bad, we got posters saying they "hope" to beat Nova. Mission accomplished Bob.
We do suck so bad, that's just reality. I don't think you're giving Nova enough credit for the team they are. Yes they're an FCS team and we are an FBS team but that doesn't equate to an automatic win for us. They lost only two games this year by a total of 2 points, including a 1 point overtime loss to Syracuse in the Dome. The best FCS programs can beat the least of the FBS teams, which we are and will likely still be on opening day, 2015. I assume (but admittedly do not know) that Nova will again be a very good FCS team, so advantage Nova in my view. But as the 2015 season unfolds I will expect to see a marked improvement in our play, including a few wins. And in 2016 I will "expect" to handily defeat whatever FCS opponent appears on the schedule.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

if in a few days, as they finish up the end of season stuff, exit interviews and off-season goal setting planning and all that crap, and their awards ceremony ( pisses me off that yet again, we don't have a bowl game instead of this kind of process.....) but once that is all done, if some kind of press speech or statement doesn't show up with Coach Bobby discussing how it does take 9 months to gestate a baby, and that has been the goal all along, because the entire fan base got f----ked this season really good, and that's how babies happen.
Some of your best work...!

Reaction Score

This can't be serious. The team that won 3 straight (against bad teams) in November/December 2013 got so out of shape between that last win in December 2013 and when he showed up in December 2013 that we couldn't compete in September 2014 after 10 months of his strength/conditioning program?

This is a joke right?

We didn't play Alabama. Fahking Army and Stony Brook are physically superior? You really believe that?!!!

Reaction Score

Every now and then you say something that completely validates your existence and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom