#8 Louisville vs Cal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#8 Louisville vs Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hold up, Hold up, Hold up .... She's ONLY a freshman? I was for sure she was at least a junior because of the poise to her game. This thread is too much for me. Gottleib is planning something...

You have me smiling ear to ear....YES!!! That lil poker-faced 5'4" PG is only a freshman! And again, tore her ACL last summer (2014)!

Her older brother actually played for UNC...he was just a top 100-150 caliber recruit, but it was Roy Williams's first recruiting class at UNC. Was a freshman on the 04-05 National Championship team (though averaged just 6.3 minutes that year). Mostly a reserve, but racked up a lot of assists considering, as a very pass-first PG.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
freshman Brea Cavanaugh who played with Sadie Edwards at Blair Academy) ran into a pole jogging on campus and has returned to N.J. to recover from a very bad concussion.

Not to be insensitive or anything.... but what?!? How do you run into a pole that badly?!!?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
ballhawk said:
Gottlieb has been recruiting Ionescu since she was a freshman in high school. It's down to Cal and Oregon. Ionescu's twin brother will be a walk on next year at Oregon.

Oregon already has a class of 6 for 2016. Would be a huge get for Graves if he got Ionescu.
He will have Oregon in the hunt for PAC titles in the future.

Reaction Score
Very impressive game by Cal. Gottlieb has said that Anigwe is the most athletic player she has seen at Cal. Cal had two other guards but junior Mercedes Jefflo was dismissed from the team and freshman Brea Cavanaugh who played with Sadie Edwards at Blair Academy) ran into a pole jogging on campus and has returned to N.J. to recover from a very bad concussion. The team is only 6 deep so injuries and fouls will be huge factors.

I never liked that damn Zbigniew Brzezinski.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Asia Durr is not fully recovered from her groin injury that kept her out of USA basketball this summer. Apparently she had surgery sometime in June. Walz has said she is about 70% and is hopeful she may be 100% by ACC time. She did have a rough start, but in the 2ndnhalf she seemed to settle a bit and we saw flashes of why she is/was 1/2 player in the country.

Briahanna Jackson...wow!!!! She was electric. She is going to be a ton of fun to watch. Her arrival was one of the best kept secrets. She was apparently on campus all last year. She is not a big social media kid, so....most fans just found out about her at our Tip Off Luncheon. So, so impressed.

I'm not at all concerned about our team. I did think 8th was a little high, for having such a young team. This won't be the only game we lose this season. However, I have no doubt we will be playing well come March. We will make some noise.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It appears Sabrina Ionescu will be waiting until the spring to sign. Poor girl is under a ton of pressure. She seemed to be a Cal lean for a while, but then Oregon gained a ton of momentum culminating in the Oregon men's coach offering her twin brother a walk-on spot or whatever, despite the fact that her twin brother is not even ranked in the Top 40 for Northern California. I don't think he was even being recruited by any D1 mid-majors, I think he only had a handful of D2 options until Oregon did what they did.
So, why can't Berkeley offer her brother the opportunity to walk on? Academics?

Reaction Score
Not to be insensitive or anything.... but what?!? How do you run into a pole that badly?!!?
Apparently someone called out to her and she turned to respond, continued to run and didn't see the post....freak accident, but understandable. At least that's sort of what I heard...I hope she's feeling better.

Reaction Score
To Millenial23 I spoke with one of Cal's assistant coaches and she told me that she was jogging on campus when someone called her name, she turned her head and then ran into a pole. She never saw it coming and the concussion occurred in September. Brea Cavanaugh led Blair Academy to the N.J. State title last year. Whether she plays at all this year is very much in doubt.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Cal up 3 with 7 minutes to go. Cal has a REALLY good freshman post by the name of Kristine Anigwe.
Yea, she really stood out in the All-Star games. I think she came on in her senior year. She's gonna be a good one.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So, why can't Berkeley offer her brother the opportunity to walk on? Academics?

It's horribly distasteful when someone speculates that a player has academic issues without any evidence to support the speculation.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It's horribly distasteful when someone speculates that a player has academic issues without any evidence to support the speculation.

I don't think that's what's happening here. There is a big difference between Oregon and Cal-Berkeley. Oregon's acceptance rate is 74.9. Cal-Berkeley's is 18.1. You can still be a pretty good student and have no "academic issues" and not get into Cal-Berkeley.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Give it a rest and stop trying to stir up trouble.

Obviously, you haven't kept with her recruiting process, nor that of her twin brother.

Reaction Score
UConn was amazing against Ohio State I cannot believe the final score and Breanna Stewart only played 25 minutes you guys should have been a unanimous #1 :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm so nervous :confused: everyone please help and click 'like' and 'retweet' for the following link thank you in advance one love, tehehehehehe!:

Reaction Score
Thanks for the answers everyone! Sounds serious and wishing her a full recovery!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Cal up 3 with 7 minutes to go. Cal has a REALLY good freshman post by the name of Kristine Anigwe.

Something happened in todays Cal win over UC Riverside regarding Anigwe. I am copying and pasting the post from the Bearinsiders forum
This is from a regular and reliable poster on the forum.

The commentating is going in-and-out can someone tell me why Anigwe is not on the floor down the stretch (3 min)?

Got(Kristine Anigwe) in a big argument with coaching staff. Lindsey was upset she didn't guard post player who made open shot so took her out during timeout. Kristine was not happy and yelled something, throw her towel down and sat by herself on the bench while everyone else was on court listening to Coach talking. After timeout Coaches called her over to talk and while listening started to get up but needed to listen more. Afterwards she got up and moved down bench. Then when Nina got her fourth foul Lindsey motioned to her to go in but Kristine refused. Later Coach Jeff came down to talk to her and she finally went back on court when Nina fouled out.

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?97350-mid-2nd-quarter-Cal-trails-23-16/page3

For Cals sake I hope it was a freshman outburst that goes away soon. She is too good a player for Cal to lose.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Something happened in todays Cal win over UC Riverside regarding Anigwe. I am copying and pasting the post from the Bearinsiders forum
This is from a regular and reliable poster on the forum.

The commentating is going in-and-out can someone tell me why Anigwe is not on the floor down the stretch (3 min)?

Got(Kristine Anigwe) in a big argument with coaching staff. Lindsey was upset she didn't guard post player who made open shot so took her out during timeout. Kristine was not happy and yelled something, throw her towel down and sat by herself on the bench while everyone else was on court listening to Coach talking. After timeout Coaches called her over to talk and while listening started to get up but needed to listen more. Afterwards she got up and moved down bench. Then when Nina got her fourth foul Lindsey motioned to her to go in but Kristine refused. Later Coach Jeff came down to talk to her and she finally went back on court when Nina fouled out.

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?97350-mid-2nd-quarter-Cal-trails-23-16/page3

For Cals sake I hope it was a freshman outburst that goes away soon. She is too good a player for Cal to lose.
OC I too hope you are correct that this is a Freshmen outburst by Kristine but at the very least we have the makings of a pattern here. I wrote the following during the summer:
Random thoughts on the U19 Tournament.
UCONN’s future is very very very very bright because it includes The Pheenom, The Real Danger, & KLS-who did not even play. I could see all three players starting as Freshmen for UCONN.
If A’ja Wilson every got a PG like The Real Danger who can set her up consistently she will be a NPOY candidate.
Chatrice White can really play. Very versatile-post moves with either hand , can shoot the three ball, solid defender-max effort at all times. If/When things fall further apart for her at Illinois she will have many suitors including Kim Barnes Arico -Michigan who had a front row seat to watch all of this.
Kristine Anigwe seems to have regressed and she has become annoying. During the game against Spain she was at the foul line, Dawn sub White for her and Anigwe complained to Stevens about being subbed out and proceeded to roll her eyes.
Lauren Cox left me wanting more. Not more basketball more maturity. There were some long sequences where she did not play well and it seemed to snowball from play to play. None of this had anything to do with her basketball skill set, it seemed to be all mental.
I sincerely hope the entire Russian team will make like Eddie Murphy and come to America to play College basketball. I further hope that 2 of them will at least consider UCONN. Levchenko- The Doty clone (per JoePgh post) & Maria Vadeeva-the next “it” kid (per Mike Flynn tweet) with a game similar to Stewie at the same age. FYI Vadeeva has not turned 17 yet.
I hope/pray Salvadoes situation resolves itself and she get to play at Duke. WCBB needs more players with her flair.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UConn was amazing against Ohio State I cannot believe the final score and Breanna Stewart only played 25 minutes you guys should have been a unanimous #1 :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm so nervous :confused: everyone please help and click 'like' and 'retweet' for the following link thank you in advance one love, tehehehehehe!:

Isn't that an NCAA violation recruit's name on a sign? Kib you out there?

Reaction Score
I am not sure what this thread is about-Cal v Louisville, Sabrina Ionescu or Kristine Anigwe. I was at Cal's game against UC Riverside and Anigwe was not playing well. It seemed like every time she got the ball inside she was double or triple teamed and the ball was taken away from her. I think I remember when the post player scored and Anigwe gave a half-hearted wave. Geno would not have tolerated such a lackadaisical defense and neither did Lindsay Gottlieb. Unfortunately, KA sees to have exacerbated the situation. Anigwe has tremendous potential. Hopefully, Anigwe understands what's needed and grows up. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom