38th Hockey East Men’s Tournament (March 8 > March 18 2023) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

38th Hockey East Men’s Tournament (March 8 > March 18 2023)

Reaction Score
Well, on balance, it was a hell of an effort for 40 minutes. I felt like walking out after the first. It looked like no one, including Cav, wanted to be there. The second and third periods were as good as I have seen UConn play in a long time.

That said we were 9-10 after Thanksgiving. That is inexcusable. But hope springs eternal after last 40 minutes of hockey we witnessed today.

So Lowell wins - but they still have to go home to Lowell... That sucks!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Disappointing for sure. Going home to cancel my Boston hotel. Was so looking forward to going to the tournament. Next year.
I was gonna like your post, but it felt wrong. I feel your pain. George and I were gonna drive up for the semi Finals.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Think the first half of the season raised our expectations too much.
It sure did…I never imagined we would end here after that start. I knew it would be a long season, but I thought we would hang in there. The UNH weekend should have convinced me I was wrong, but I had a fans hope.

Reaction Score
Yeah but that’s a good thing after all the players that left last season. I think a lot of this team is coming back and Cav will bring in a few transfers where needed

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Well, my interest shifts to BC vs MC. At this point I’d love to see MC in the finals. They have a good chance. They went 4-0 against BC and UML this year.

GO MC!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe Tverberg’s final game

Maybe Lucas’ final game

Who knows who will go into the portal

I would prefer Flynn and Rees do not return and UConn finds better options in the portal. Need to upgrade the blue line

Need to find at least one top end forward to pair with Wood. Would like them to find another one to pair with Salminen

They need to do whatever they can to get the talent in here to get into the NCAA tournament while Wood is here. No excuses

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The NU rink looks empty tonight. Must be the spring break curse.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Very good but something was missing.
A coach who can win big games. Not just my opinion but that of BFF from UConn who's kid was a 3rd round draft pick of the Ducks and a star at Harvard. He also mentions BU as getting the most talent every year and not winning it all regularly.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The best thing that can happen for HE is MC winning the tournament against BU. Then both teams are definitely in the tourny. Right now, if MC loses, they could be out. A win tonight might not be enough for MC. MC Losing in the finals could also be enough.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
You really felt the need to ride to the rescue? Over that? -1
What’s your problem? I haven’t missed a home game in years, until Toscano. It’s a sore point, for sure, but my comments were based on what fans at the game were saying. Chill, dude. You’ve barely made a comment here all year, but today you think you’re the man. Cool.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A coach who can win big games. Not just my opinion but that of BFF from UConn who's kid was a 3rd round draft pick of the Ducks and a star at Harvard. He also mentions BU as getting the most talent every year and not winning it all regularly.
I give you a "like" because, the true measure of any coach ultimately becomes wins and losses. Simply put, Cavannaugh has to start winning consistently. One trip to Boston in 10 years simply doesn't cut it. No more excuses in 23-24. We control our arena and schedule. Just get it done!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
College hockey is a lot of pain and little payoff. This was a good season and now look to the next one.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
College hockey is a lot of pain and little payoff. This was a good season and now look to the next one.
It was good…just not good enough. And I have really felt the pain…especially since 2014.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
NE over PC 1-0 after one. It doesn’t really matter who wins this one, a BU vs MC final is probably the best chance for two HE teams to make the tournament. I mean BU is already in and MC is on the bubble.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

I think we may have seen the last of Ryan. The NHL guys probably want to see him play with and against a bigger, more skilled level of opponent next year. I think he could be another Tage eventually. I’ll be rooting for him no matter what or where.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It’s probably safe to assume that Tverberg and Wood are both gone. But there are a lot of good young kids on this team. Should make for another entertaining season next year.
Wood reminds me a lot of Tage. Same body type and skills. Even Tage needed another year after his freshman year. It’s really all about the NHL team that has his rights and what they think, is’nt it? I know, I compare everyone to Tage…but why not?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom