38th Hockey East Men’s Tournament (March 8 > March 18 2023) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

38th Hockey East Men’s Tournament (March 8 > March 18 2023)

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to the unlike button…

ROTFLMAO. Exactly my point! (Although I should make clear Bomber that I do admire you as a poster, and staying up all night to keep the mojo of a baseball win is above and beyond the requirements of duty!)

Reaction Score
Finally had a chance to review messages in this thread. Most observations are spot on. UML scored two junk goals and is a very difficult team to play when they have a lead they trap, muck up and clog all the lanes better than any visiting team I’ve seen this season. Grigals their netminder played out of his mind. glove sharp and awareness off the charts - a clutch performance by a Grad Student transfer from Alaska Fairbanks. While frustrated by it as a UConn fan my jaw was agape by display. That happens in hockey at all levels though.

This was a tough matchup for UConn - they played a much bigger team and could not for the life of them get into a flow - it was chippy from the beginning and then down 2-0, a tall task to come back all the way, but I was glad to see that the intensity and effort was there. The number of stoppages also benefitted the team ahead. It felt like the game lasted so much longer. At least UConn didn’t suck at face-offs in this one.

At this point I’m rooting for QU in the NCAA’s…

Reaction Score

Alternate access link <<

-> “It’s disappointing because of the start we had,” Cavanaugh said. “However, this is back-to-back, 20-win seasons for the program. That’s never happened before. We lost 65 percent of our scoring last year, and our goaltender [Darion Hanson], so I’m really proud of the effort these guys gave. There weren’t many nights when we didn’t show up and play. We competed on a nightly basis. They did the right things off the ice. It’s disappointing we’re not going to The Garden next week, because I thought we had a team that could compete there, and I still do.” <-

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oopps. Sorry, Have felt a bit attacked tonight. Apologies.
Hey, "fans" that are sitting at home by choice criticizing fans that spent money and went to the game are a pet peeve of mine. And don't forget, you instigated this debate. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Reaction Score
UConn needed more speed through neutral to open up odd-man rushes earlier, only way they were going to score. Shooting lanes were blocked all night couldn't get a puck to the front of the net. UML made it very difficult to forecheck, pucks were tape to tape out of their zone. Would like to see them play BU and see how they play they fare against a highly skilled team.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Hey, "fans" that are sitting at home by choice criticizing fans that spent money and went to the game are a pet peeve of mine. And don't forget, you instigated this debate. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Are you done yet? I thought this ended yesterday.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
“Mild ugliness”, there’s ONE negative post under it. One!
I did say mild. Maybe the ugliness was on Facebook. I definitely saw people complaining. Cut me some slack and thanks for clarifying Sherlock.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom