28k tickets for Maine | Page 5 | The Boneyard

28k tickets for Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Don't have time to get into it today - but they have been giving away tickets for years and they haven't minted fans. Certainly not fans willing to pay for tickets.

Fair enough. And I haven't been around for long enough to know/remember, but have we really given away free tickets in this capacity before? I remember promotions for specific groups, but never an all-out ticket giveaway.

Reaction Score
Hard to argue whether the giveaway tactic hasn't been successful because of the tactic or because of how terrible the team was. It's not like the product on the field has been enticing anyone to come to games the last 4 years.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Don't have time to get into it today - but they have been giving away tickets for years and they haven't minted fans. Certainly not fans willing to pay for tickets.

You can't give away tickets to every game. But giving them away to this thursday night opener against Maine is the right game to do it when looking at the schedule.

The real core of the issue is four fold; i) the state of the central CT economy is weak (look around, people aren't so flush with cash) , ii) HD tv has made many of us home spectators by choice, iii) competition for free time is brutal (after school sports, other tv sports, working out, hobbies, etc) and iv) passion for football in central CT is at a medium level/alumni base is moderate in size.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hard to argue whether the giveaway tactic hasn't been successful because of the tactic or because of how terrible the team was. It's not like the product on the field has been enticing anyone to come to games the last 4 years.
This.

Reaction Score
If free tickets for an FCS game brings in more future fans, then I am all for it. If 30K + fans show up for a televised game against an FCS team, then I am all for it. If increased attendance gives our team a home field advantage and improves our chances of getting into a P5 conference, then I am all for it. Love the direction of the program and the direction of the athletic department with our new AD. First time in a long time that we have all the right people on the bus.

Reaction Score
As long as there are more than enough people in the stadium that I can't be identified by process of elimination by boneyarders then things are moving in the right direction, and I'm en route to the stadium now.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Whaler was right. My pics won't load. Too large. But it's about 18K

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You want more people to come maybe don't punt on 4 and 1 on the + side of the field against a bad CAA team.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Total attendance.... Not great. But student section is full and seems in to it for now, kudos.

It's actually better than the last few FCS games. Not too bad.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
It's actually better than the last few FCS games. Not too bad.

"Free" to students means more than "free" to the general public.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
"Free" to students means more than "free" to the general public.

I think they made a lot of good decisions on making it easier for students to come - but keeping them here is going to be tough at this rate.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I think they made a lot of good decisions on making it easier for students to come - but keeping them here is going to be tough at this rate.

Yup. Win and they'll come. Lose and they won't.

Reaction Score
There is no possible way there are more than 18k here. That might be generous.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This game might just undo all of the hard work Benedict did in trying to hype the program and get folks to turn out. There's not a shot a decent amount of the people who got free tix return for a game they have to pay for after watching this bore fest. Holy crap this is awful.....

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I thought at peak we had at least 31k here looked more full than any game last year. Where the hell yall 18k people sitting?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Here's the thing, Bob. I like you. But don't you dare squeeze out this steaming pile and lament the lack of attendance or plead for people to attend in the future. If you don't adjust we are .

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I thought at peak we had at least 31k here looked more full than any game last year. Where the hell yall 18k people sitting?

There are 36,500 or so seats outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog