22-8 & 13-6 | The Boneyard

22-8 & 13-6

Reaction Score
Some of y’all will complain to the death about Creighton having our number but I’d like to shout out a really impressive regular season.

Losing the #11 pick in the last NBA draft and not gaining much in terms of freshmen contribution is unarguably a credit to DH and the staff

Let’s do work @ MSG

pj

Reaction Score
DH and the staff have gotten a lot out of their players. The best defenders are limited offensively, the best shooters are limited defensively. The youngsters have athleticism but not know-how, the older players have know-how but less athleticism. It's not easy to fit the pieces together to make a great team. A top 20 team that makes the Sweet Sixteen is about what we hoped for at the start of the season, and we're on track for that.

Reaction Score
Outside of the Auburn win (who was missing a key player), the Nova win at home was only really good win. We did not do anything else away from home that was impressive. Ijs
"outside of our first top 10 win, our second top 10 win was our best win." great point, thanks.

also, are you aware that flanigan is only averaging 6 points on 40-percent shooting this year?

Reaction Score
"outside of our first top 10 win, our second top 10 win was our best win." great point, thanks.

also, are you aware that flanigan is only averaging 6 points on 40-percent shooting this year?
That's like us removing one of our 7 pnt scores Whaley and a team beat us, ie Michigan State and they say same thing.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Actually all games left are away from CT
Well then you should probably look at the neutral court record this year, considering college basketball has by far the most impactful home court advantage of any sport.

… 3-1 with the only loss being an overtime loss to a tournament team the day after playing 2 OTs which caused one of our starters to pass out and not be and to play… an oh yeah, a win over a team that will be a 1 seed. Doesn’t sound like too many red flags there.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well then you should probably look at the neutral court record this year, considering college basketball has by far the most impactful home court advantage of any sport.

… 3-1 with the only loss being an overtime loss to a tournament team the day after playing 2 OTs which caused one of our starters to pass out and not be and to play… an oh yeah, a win over a team that will be a 1 seed. Doesn’t sound like too many red flags there.
There are definitely some red flags, but none of them are reason for @UconnFanDC to be dropping a turd in the punch bowl tonight.

We improved from last season despite losing a lottery pick and not having anything close to a lottery pick on this roster. We are a top 20 team with realistic Sweet 16 expectations and a chance to do more if things break our way.

I’d say that‘s impressive.

Reaction Score
Outside of the Auburn win (who was missing a key player), the Nova win at home was only really good win. We did not do anything else away from home that was impressive. Ijs
If I remember correctly, UConn also beat Marquette on the road and finished the regular season with a .733 winning %, meaning UConn beat a number of decent teams on the road.

Hurley took over a team that had a .438 winning percentage the year before he arrived. In his first year at UConn they improved to .485, a decent jump. The next season it rose to .613, then .652 the next, and now .733 this season thus far and a #3 seed in the Big East. To me, that represents steady progress.

Reaction Score
I knew the whining would start
Not sure where or how you see this as whining lol. It's my observation. If we're real with ourselves, we've been good but not impressive. Look at the losses and games we barely won, nothing to be comfortable about going into NCAA's. No dominate performances

Reaction Score
Not sure where or how you see this as whining lol. It's my observation. If we're real with ourselves, we've been good but not impressive. Look at the losses and games we barely won, nothing to be comfortable about going into NCAA's. No dominate performances
If you read my posts, I have said we get too high with wins and low with losses. Our record is about what I would have expected. Are we a lock for sweet 16? No. But to belittle the accomplishments of this team, is as Bill Maher would say “whiny little B”

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, UConn also beat Marquette on the road and finished the regular season with a .733 winning %, meaning UConn beat a number of decent teams on the road.

Hurley took over a team that had a .438 winning percentage the year before he arrived. In his first year at UConn they improved to .485, a decent jump. The next season it rose to .613, then .652 the next, and now .733 this season thus far and a #3 seed in the Big East. To me, that represents steady progress.
Your point makes no sense. Marquette was one of the teams definitely missing a key player. And what the heck does Hurly taking over years ago have to do with the topic of this being an impressive season. Like many on here, I actually have never dogged Hurley. Again, remove Nova at home and Auburn, missing a key player, no real impressive dominant wins. I do think Uconn can upset a top team with their A game but we get shaky towards the end of games lately

Reaction Score
Your point makes no sense. Marquette was one of the teams definitely missing a key player. And what the heck does Hurly taking over years ago have to do with the topic of this being an impressive season. Like many on here, I actually have never dogged Hurley. Again, remove Nova at home and Auburn, missing a key player, no real impressive dominant wins. I do think Uconn can upset a top team with their A game but we get shaky towards the end of games lately
My point makes perfect sense. This team continues to improve year after year. You point out that Marquette was missing a player, but a good chunk of our losses came when we were without some of our key players such as Martin, Sanogo, and Whaley.
It seems that you have unrealistic expectations. The team has improved for four straight seasons. If you are expecting perfection, or something close to it, perhaps college basketball isn't for you.

Reaction Score
A lot of people have been hard on this team, me included, but this is about in-line with expectations for this season. So far it has definitely been a success. I'll take #3 in the big east and what will hopefully be at worst a 5 seed. That's a really solid year, and if we can make it to the second weekend, anything else is gravy. I'm just concerned that some of our deficiences might hurt us in the BET and NCAAs.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There are definitely some red flags, but none of them are reason for @UconnFanDC to be dropping a turd in the punch bowl tonight.

We improved from last season despite losing a lottery pick and not having anything close to a lottery pick on this roster. We are a top 20 team with realistic Sweet 16 expectations and a chance to do more if things break our way.

I’d say that‘s impressive.
Difference being this group is a team. Last year it was Bouk & Co.

As you're a McCartney fan, 2021-2 = Beatles. 2020-1 = Wings.

Reaction Score
I tend tend to be more critical than most UConn fans, but stop discounting the auburn victory please. I have watchEd Auburn plenty of times and Flanagan is far from a critical player for them. This UConn team is good, but far from great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom