22-8 & 13-6 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

22-8 & 13-6

Reaction Score
My point makes perfect sense. This team continues to improve year after year. You point out that Marquette was missing a player, but a good chunk of our losses came when we were without some of our key players such as Martin, Sanogo, and Whaley.
It seems that you have unrealistic expectations. The team has improved for four straight seasons. If you are expecting perfection, or something close to it, perhaps college basketball isn't for you.
We won't agree lol.

Hopefully we can all be happy with a great BE showing leading into the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
I tend tend to be more critical than most UConn fans, but stop discounting the auburn victory please. I have watchEd Auburn plenty of times and Flanagan is far from a critical player for them. This UConn team is good, but far from great.
Anyone discounting the Auburn win is an idiot. That is this team at its peak. The problem is that we're inconsistent, not that we aren't capable.

Reaction Score
A lot of people have been hard on this team, me included, but this is about in-line with expectations for this season. So far it has definitely been a success. I'll take #3 in the big east and what will hopefully be at worst a 5 seed. That's a really solid year, and if we can make it to the second weekend, anything else is gravy. I'm just concerned that some of our deficiences might hurt us in the BET and NCAAs.
I know everyone hates my post and I can live with that and have no regrets posting it, but your response is the best way to sum it all up to how I feel about this team.

Reaction Score
They are solid, competitive team with some weaknesses that Hurley really struggles to manage at times. I can see this team taking down a top 10 on any day, but sustained high level play against a series of high quality teams is a very tall order.

Reaction Score
If you read my posts, I have said we get too high with wins and low with losses. Our record is about what I would have expected. Are we a lock for sweet 16? No. But to belittle the accomplishments of this team, is as Bill Maher would say “whiny little B”
Never did I belittle the wins. I simply said, I wasn't impressed. Many were close wins, at home or against teams missing key players. Then the loss to Creighton w/o their point guard just doesn't give me a sense of confidence or what this team is really made of. We didn't do great against the top BE teams. That's fact!

Reaction Score
I bolded all the incorrect statements for you. If you wish to use the internet and try this one again we wish you luck.
Yeah, nothing incorrect about what I said, thats probably why you didn't post any corrections to that statement

Reaction Score
Some of y’all will complain to the death about Creighton having our number but I’d like to shout out a really impressive regular season.

Losing the #11 pick in the last NBA draft and not gaining much in terms of freshmen contribution is unarguably a credit to DH and the staff

Let’s do work @ MSG
I predicted 25 regular season wins for this team and wouldve been right too if it wasnt for those meddling kids from Crayton and Xavier.

Reaction Score
I know everyone hates my post and I can live with that and have no regrets posting it, but your response is the best way to sum it all up to how I feel about this team.
No it’s not. What he said is not at all what you’ve been saying

Reaction Score
Never did I belittle the wins. I simply said, I wasn't impressed. Many were close wins, at home or against teams missing key players. Then the loss to Creighton w/o their point guard just doesn't give me a sense of confidence or what this team is really made of. We didn't do great against the top BE teams. That's fact!
That’s a you problem

Reaction Score
Go root for the big east team in your city
I actually root for all BE teams to do well. It strengthens Uconns resume to be in a conference that's successful. Lol. So I do root for Gtown when they play out of conference along with all other BE teams.

Reaction Score
A lot of people have been hard on this team, me included, but this is about in-line with expectations for this season. So far it has definitely been a success. I'll take #3 in the big east and what will hopefully be at worst a 5 seed. That's a really solid year, and if we can make it to the second weekend, anything else is gravy. I'm just concerned that some of our deficiences might hurt us in the BET and NCAAs.
This my exact take 100%. Their margin for error is very slim against good opponents

Reaction Score
With the win today, over the last 3 seasons, we are 14-1 in our last 5 games of the regular season. Hurley & Co. get our teams peaking at the right time. Hoping we carry momentum through both tourneys.

UConn MBB is a ton of fun again if you let yourself enjoy it!

Reaction Score
Fabulous regular season. We all know our flaws and we did a great job minimizing them down the stretch. Great job DH.

Reaction Score
Lol I love Uconn but hey, it's the truth. All ranked teams we beat were missing key players except the Nova win at home. We have not beaten any top team on the road

Huh

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Outside of the Auburn win (who was missing a key player), the Nova win at home was only really good win. We did not do anything else away from home that was impressive. Ijs
Auburn wasn’t missing a key player. They were missing like their 5th or 6th option.

Reaction Score
Auburn wasn’t missing a key player. They were missing like their 5th or 6th option.
He's a starter, a returning experienced player who did not play in a key early game. But this isn't about Auburn. That's not the issue since you want to comment on every thing I post. The point was a player was missing, we didn't beat a top BE team on the road with the exception of Marquette which was missing a key player. What can this team actually do has yet to be truly determined. But we'll see what the players and coaching do when we start BE Turney/NCAA's. And again, I have not been impressed outside of Nova and Auburn and I am absolutely ok to feel this way. Just like many of you who are critics on what you choose to criticize. Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom