$20K A Month In Spousal Support ?? [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

$20K A Month In Spousal Support ?? [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very disappointing to see Johnson taking this step. However, the question is whether or not she can prove that they were both in agreement that Glory was to have the IV procedure, not merely discussed it. Glory claims that BG was in agreement and BG claims that Glory had the procedure without her knowledge. If BG did agree to the procedure taking place then I agree that she should be responsible for paying Johnson for lost wages as I am sure that she would have done the same had they both agreed to continue their marriage.

I haven't calculated the timing, but does this mean that Glory was pregnant when the fight occurred? if so, WTF were they thinking?
Since this a She said She said, with Glory pregnant, a judge more than likely (you can never predict) give an opinion favorable to the unborn child--which means good physical care during pregnancy and early development and who know for how long. It too may depend upon the financial status of Glory.

Reaction Score
I feeling like I'm staring at a car crash as I drive by but, you know, I just can't turn away from the Griner/Johnson debacle. It's fascinating on so many levels.
What interests most is, for most of us, this whole affair (bad choice of words) is un-tried, un-tested waters

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I wish the judge could/would rule that all posted comments on this situation be limited to The Summitt, the Baylor wcbb board, or VolNation.

Banned on Boneyard.

I also wish I would hit the Power Ball lottery.:rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When I was in college (1975-1979), I believe one of my crustier Jesuit Journalism professors saw this coming. At that time, People Magazine was just beginning to take off. He declared in class numerous times that the first 5,000 people who appeared in People magazine should be killed to end this infatuation with celebrity. He cited the need for an ongoing campaign, lest people think we are not serious. And despite the threat of death, he was sure it would take 5,000 examples to get the point across. He never addressed the disconnect of a priest advocating murder and none of us was brave enough to ask.
When I saw that a magazine named "People" was going to be published, I knew that our society was headed in the wrong direction. :(

Reaction Score
I think I read an article somewhere stating they wanted to start a family. I just didn't think it would be that soon after getting married. To me I think they were going along with the pregnancy, then from the start of treatments up until the annulment Brittany had a change of heart.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction Score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This seems so ludicrous to me I don't know what to say. :rolleyes::eek::p:oops::mad::confused:;):):D;):(:cool:

Reaction Score
This whole situation is absurd and the WNBA doesn't need this kind of publicity. They both should have been told deal with their civil issues in private. All the social media posts did was make them look like bigger idiots.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
This whole situation is absurd and the WNBA doesn't need this kind of publicity. They both should have been told deal with their civil issues in private. All the social media posts did was make them look like bigger idiots.
what should/could the WNBA do about this?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

The WNBA needs any publicity it can get. ;)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This seems like a very odd campaign slogan for the Phoenix Mercury to have decided to use considering the circumstances with BG and Glory Johnson. Someone in the marketing department did not think this one through too thoroughly.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
This seems like a very odd campaign slogan for the Phoenix Mercury to have decided to use considering the circumstances with BG and Glory Johnson. Someone in the marketing department did not think this one through too thoroughly.
this has been mentioned numerous times on this board LINK

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
this has been mentioned numerous times on this board LINK

This link does not work for me.

I had not seen a reference to the Phoenix Mercury's campaign ad "Defending Glory" until I was watching a Mercury game on WNBA All-Access. I apparently missed the thread where this was mentioned.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
yeah there were a bunch of "jokes" about here a while back... the "Glory" thing has been a part of their campaign for a few years

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
yeah there were a bunch of "jokes" about here a while back... the "Glory" thing has been a part of their campaign for a few years

Ahhh...I guess I need to pay closer attention. I thought the "Defending Glory" campaign was based on defending last year's title run.

Reaction Score
When I was in college (1975-1979), I believe one of my crustier Jesuit Journalism professors saw this coming. At that time, People Magazine was just beginning to take off. He declared in class numerous times that the first 5,000 people who appeared in People magazine should be killed to end this infatuation with celebrity. He cited the need for an ongoing campaign, lest people think we are not serious. And despite the threat of death, he was sure it would take 5,000 examples to get the point across. He never addressed the disconnect of a priest advocating murder and none of us was brave enough to ask.
I knew Jesuits were tough ----but advocating murder is beyond tough. They, in lower grades were known for NOT sparing the whip/rod. Usually however produced students with great educations. Looks like his followers were not plentiful enough to make a difference.

Reaction Score
It's definitely starting to look like Glory is a gold digger. There is no way she should get that type of support.
This comment appears beyond speculation--Gold digger is a bit extreme when none of us know her motivation or financial status.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Ahhh...I guess I need to pay closer attention. I thought the "Defending Glory" campaign was based on defending last year's title run.
So what do you think it mean now, seems like you're answering your own inquiry. I think they used it during the 1st run as well, it's their thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom