2024 Scheduling opportunities?????? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Scheduling opportunities??????

Reaction Score
Only if the UCONN home games in the series are at UCONN, not NJ, NY or MA as Notre Dame would request.

UCONN doesn't need to belittle itself and and just do what Notre Dame wants, especially after UCONN did not get a return game the last time they played ND.
I could live with a 6 game series where each team gets 2 home games & the other two are split between the Meadowlands & the Razor with each team getting 50% of the ticket allotment. It's fair,but the Leprechauns would never agree to it.

Reaction Score
Nah. You guys badly overrate the value of basketball games to football powers. They can get as many games as they want with basketball powers who are as well respected or more respected than us on the mens side. Remember they are in the ACC so have regular games with UNC, Duke, and others. and we want to play them and they us on the womens side.
I'm not badly overrating our basketball value as compared to football (there is no financial comparison/football is typically 4 times as valuable when talking about the top of P5). But Notre Dame isn't your typical top-of-P5 school. They are motivated by more than money. When we were both in the Big East and when the women's programs kept meeting in the Final Four there was no other match-up worth more in women's basketball. Disagree that ND could just roll out of bed and find more valuable and important matchups than UConn. Think of a UConn/ND basketball doubleheader at MSG as an example. Money, recruiting, exposure, tri-state alumni relations, etc. Lots of benefits.

Reaction Score
As Much as Notre Dame's Arrogance offends me, They will NEVER play at the "Mistake by the Airstrip", nor should they have to. I'd be happy with 3 in South Bend, 1 at Yankee Stadium, 1 at Citi Field, and 1 at Gillette

Reaction Score
As Much as Notre Dame's Arrogance offends me, They will NEVER play at the "Mistake by the Airstrip", nor should they have to. I'd be happy with 3 in South Bend, 1 at Yankee Stadium, 1 at Citi Field, and 1 at Gillette
I kind of agree. We could all fuss about the spread of where the games would be played, but why not take on a scheduling mentality of "we'll play anyone anywhere ". Hell, perhaps our program's greatest moment was going into South Bend and upsetting the Irish.

Reaction Score
I for one would take these agreements with anyone in the top 10 if it gets us games against them. It’s money for the program and a good recruiting tool for borderline P5 kids that these big games are played yearly for exposure. I know it’s been mentioned before but even the Yale Bowl would be a cool “neutral site” against teams with longstanding football tradition if it could be agreed to

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I will update this as we go but Akron no longer has openings for 2024 or 2025. SDSU and NIU also filled their 2025 schedules.

MAC teams available in 24/25: Kent State, CMU; Kent State, Miami (OH), Ohio, CMU, EMU
MW teams available in 24/25: Air Force, Utah State; Air Force, Utah State, Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV

Reaction Score
I'm not badly overrating our basketball value as compared to football (there is no financial comparison/football is typically 4 times as valuable when talking about the top of P5). But Notre Dame isn't your typical top-of-P5 school. They are motivated by more than money. When we were both in the Big East and when the women's programs kept meeting in the Final Four there was no other match-up worth more in women's basketball. Disagree that ND could just roll out of bed and find more valuable and important matchups than UConn. Think of a UConn/ND basketball doubleheader at MSG as an example. Money, recruiting, exposure, tri-state alumni relations, etc. Lots of benefits.
Yeah but they could get the same thing playing any name program. And I know it is painful to hear but UConn isn’t a major basketball power anymore. We have been to the dance 3 times since the last title and have won fewer games than Loyola of Chicago, or St Peters or any team that actually won a game. We are fast becoming Indiana or St John’s. Nobody fears playing UConn in 2022.

Reaction Score
Yeah but they could get the same thing playing any name program. And I know it is painful to hear but UConn isn’t a major basketball power anymore. We have been to the dance 3 times since the last title and have won fewer games than Loyola of Chicago, or St Peters or any team that actually won a game. We are fast becoming Indiana or St John’s. Nobody fears playing UConn in 2022.
Agree - UConn could have great scheduling with a bunch of programs other than ND. Totally disagree we are fast becoming Indiana or St. John's - that's a big stretch of reality on your part.

Reaction Score
To put it into perspective, we have the same number of tournament wins as Rutgers since our last title.

Reaction Score
Rumors that Kennesaw State may be joining the C-USA. I know the home schedule for 2024 kinda stinks, and this isn’t quite a ticket pusher, but a home and home could get us into Georgia for recruiting
plus, Kennesaw State is no slouch... That'd be a competitive game...

Reaction Score
I will update this as we go but Akron no longer has openings for 2024 or 2025. SDSU and NIU also filled their 2025 schedules.

MAC teams available in 24/25: Kent State, CMU; Kent State, Miami (OH), Ohio, CMU, EMU
MW teams available in 24/25: Air Force, Utah State; Air Force, Utah State, Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV
Hawaii all day long....

Reaction Score

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Air Force is out for 2025.

MW teams left for 24/25: Air Force, Utah State; Utah State, Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Kennesaw State just joined the FBS club ten seconds ago. Odds we book a H&H with them to fill in their wide open schedule in the next 6 months? I think its pretty high if they will take a November road date. We struggle to book Oct/Nov home dates.

Reaction Score
Only if the UCONN home games in the series are at UCONN, not NJ, NY or MA as Notre Dame would request.

UCONN doesn't need to belittle itself and and just do what Notre Dame wants, especially after UCONN did not get a return game the last time they played ND.
Yeah! CCSU at the Rent vs Notre Dame at MetLife Stadium is a much better option.

Reaction Score
For 2024 Rice has a road game to fill so my money is they come to the Rent for us going there in 2023 and then fill last spot with a P5 road game, hopefully Notre Dame.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
For 2024 Rice has a road game to fill so my money is they come to the Rent for us going there in 2023 and then fill last spot with a P5 road game, hopefully Notre Dame.
Rice already agreed to the return game in 2028

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom