2023 Giants | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Giants

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Patriots may start 5 subs this week on the OL. It's brutal across the league. So many injuries to OL, so many teams playing guys who are deep backups.

Expect the Giants to bounce back this week.
I expect the Giants as a team to bounce back if only due to opponent. The Cardinals might be the worst team in the NFL.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm done with Martindale. I may be done with a few offensive coaches as well.

Reaction Score
Last year was fully a shot in the pan. Playcalling sucks, execution sucks. Our leaders suck. Looking like the worst team in the league.

Reaction Score
Outdoing UConn every week, Uconn can say they scored a TD this year.

Reaction Score
Hats off to you Giants fans. I saw the early score and was surprised to see the Giants make a comeback even if it was against the Cardinals.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
After the first TD in the second half, we played that stupid two man defensive front and Arizona marched down the field on us like we were a HS team. That formation is why I despise Wink. We ran a three man front on all plays (save a couple third and very long) and were able to stop them.

Granted, Arizona isn't KC but we need to put up some resistance on the defensive line.

A win is a win. We needed it desperately.

Reaction Score
I was already thinking tank when we were down 60-0 after 6 quarters.
How the hell does that even happen.
Regardless both sides of the ball came up big on the second half and salvaged the season.
We will lose to SF but pull off a win Against Seattle in week 4 and I’ll take 2-2 to start the year.
Jones was outstanding in the second half.
As for Barkley assume he’s out for SF. If Thomas is on the fence just give him one more week of rest so he comes back 100%

Reaction Score
Hearing that Daboll took over the playing calling as Kafka pulled a Charlton, Kafka isn’t as bad as Charlton but I won’t be dissapointed if he leaves to be a HC perhaps he takes the Northwestern job.

Reaction Score
Jones just is so not a game changer.

He sure was when they gave him time to throw and opened up the offense.

Can’t believe people watch the first game and a half and throw it on DJ at all? Crazy kid can play just needs time, the weapons are better but the oline needs to prove they can be consistent. DJ is fine, happy to have him.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The windows that Jones completed critical passes in during the second half were ridiculous, he warrants a ton of praise for that.

Two of his picks this season were balls Saquon should have held onto and a third was a diving catch off the turf by Gilmore that was thrown as QBs are taught (low pass) as 95% of the time it falls incomplete if the WR can't come up with it.

QB is not the problem

Reaction Score
The windows that Jones completed critical passes in during the second half were ridiculous, he warrants a ton of praise for that.

Two of his picks this season were balls Saquon should have held onto and a third was a diving catch off the turf by Gilmore that was thrown as QBs are taught (low pass) as 95% of the time it falls incomplete if the WR can't come up with it.

QB is not the problem

Well stated, spot on!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Can’t believe people watch the first game and a half and throw it on DJ at all? Crazy kid can play just needs time, the weapons are better but the oline needs to prove they can be consistent. DJ is fine, happy to have him.
The tank for Caleb Williams stuff was silly. They just re-signed Jones for big money. If you wanted to move on from him, he wouldn't be tradeable. He'd be like Goff was in LA. That would really hurt your ability to add pieces.

Reaction Score

I mean, he did have plenty of time in the first half on a lot of plays. The criticism at the time was warranted, he was getting significantly outplayed by a journeyman. But, the credit is due in the second half where he was great.

You simply can’t look at 0 points in 6 quarters and say he was playing fine. It doesn’t make sense.

Reaction Score
I mean, he did have plenty of time in the first half on a lot of plays. The criticism at the time was warranted, he was getting significantly outplayed by a journeyman. But, the credit is due in the second half where he was great.

You simply can’t look at 0 points in 6 quarters and say he was playing fine. It doesn’t make sense.
You can’t “simply” look at anything in those 6 quarters because nothing was simple it was dreadful. To even look at him against the Cowboys running for his damn life every down because the oline was not even close to prepared, well that’s insane. First half their offense was ragged, was he part of it hell yeah but somehow the play calling in the 2nd half was a lot better and aggressive. He had time in the first half but not like he should have and the offensive play calling was terrible. I mean you dont like him that’s fine it’s your opinion I respect that. But he’s fine and not at all the problem of this team, furthest thing from it. Oline still questionable and they need LBers really bad. Only Okereke is a really good NFL LBer the others are inconsistent at best.

Reaction Score
You can’t “simply” look at anything in those 6 quarters because nothing was simple it was dreadful. To even look at him against the Cowboys running for his damn life every down because the oline was not even close to prepared, well that’s insane. First half their offense was ragged, was he part of it hell yeah but somehow the play calling in the 2nd half was a lot better and aggressive. He had time in the first half but not like he should have and the offensive play calling was terrible. I mean you dont like him that’s fine it’s your opinion I respect that. But he’s fine and not at all the problem of this team, furthest thing from it. Oline still questionable and they need LBers really bad. Only Okereke is a really good NFL LBer the others are inconsistent at best.
Well apparently Daboll took over for Kafka. It pisses me off the amount of QB draws that Kafka runs, puts DJ in far too much danger, so great move there.

I don’t hate DJ, I promise that. I was incredibly complimentary and impressed with him down the stretch last year. But, although it was 90% the lines fault against Dallas, he still didn’t play well. And the first half yesterday was very poor, especially because the line was not particularly bad. But, he and the team in general were tremendous in the second half, so credit where it is due. But with the schedule we have, putting up an egg for half the game is gonna end in a top 5 pick, so he needs to be better overall.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Heck of a comeback for the G-Men. There's a lot of focus on Daniel Jones and the offense, but I'd concerned about the defense as well, if I were a Giants fan.

After being harassed by the Commanders in Week 1, Dobbs was barely touched in the pocket all game and ran for 41 yards and a score.

Following the quick TD to start the 2nd half, The Giants had two sustained drives. Arizona couldn't make an adjustment, remained flat (as bad teams are wont to do), and got gassed as they lost momentum. I thought the Cardinals were a couple of 2nd half 1st downs from winning.

The 130+ yard/game rushing against doesn't bode well at San Fran or vs Seattle either. Particularly if Barkley is unavailable on the quick turn around for the Giants to establish their own running game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom