2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another team keeping starters in for the entire game. Doesn't make sense. Guess losing by only 35 is really important to them.

Reaction Score
Maybe SC’s best offensive game of the year so far against a stingy defense.

Their own D looks pretty good, too. Has a tendency to drop off in the second half as the margin swells. I expect Thursday to be close throughout so something to watch for.

Reaction Score
if all Fulwiley did was beat players off the dribble for layups that would probably be a great thing.

She's hot again from arc but she could make a living just off that.

Reaction Score
Quite exciting to see Sania seemingly finally figuring things out. Loved the possession in the 2nd when she was one on one with Ware and instead of rushing something or passing out, she showed patience, determined her situation, and converted a sweet hook shot after a couple dribbles. Then she followed that on the next possession drawing a foul on a drive to the basket. Can’t wait to see if she can bring it like that on Thursday.

Reaction Score
Another team keeping starters in for the entire game. Doesn't make sense. Guess losing by only 35 is really important to them.
It may look like that, but not the case. We have 11 players. We play 10 consistently. The subs had been in a long time and you have to rotate someone back in. Can’t rotate a center in for the guard. Plus, Tessa Johnson sprained an ankle so couldn’t play.

Dawn has stopped the subs from hitting the 100 mark twice this year to not rub it in. She has to play combosto see where we need to be (ex: small lineups and big lineups). Got to get ready to make a run in the tournament. She was not playing starters to rub something in. Kitts has been at SC exactly 1 year now. She was playing her with players she will be with the next few years.

Reaction Score
It may look like that, but not the case. We have 11 players. We play 10 consistently. The subs had been in a long time and you have to rotate someone back in. Can’t rotate a center in for the guard. Plus, Tessa Johnson sprained an ankle so couldn’t play.

Dawn has stopped the subs from hitting the 100 mark twice this year to not rub it in. She has to play combosto see where we need to be (ex: small lineups and big lineups). Got to get ready to make a run in the tournament. She was not playing starters to rub something in. Kitts has been at SC exactly 1 year now. She was playing her with players she will be with the next few years.
I'm talking about the other team. We won't be losing by 35 to anybody outside the WNBA.

The 4th quarter has been a formality in three conference games, while the others were over with 3 or 4 minutes to go. Yet every team has run their starters to the buzzer. It's weird. Somebody's going to turn an ankle or something and miss games they could actually win because a prideful HC is pushing them to give up 99 instead of 101.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about the other team. We won't be losing by 35 to anybody outside the WNBA.

The 4th quarter has been a formality in three conference games, while the others were over with 3 or 4 minutes to go. Yet every team has run their starters to the buzzer. It's weird. Somebody's going to turn an ankle or something and miss games they could actually win because a prideful HC is pushing them to give up 99 instead of 101.
Our starters play fewer minutes than a vast majority of teams. Yes, rest is nice but it leaves an open question:

What happens when our starters with 25 minutes per game all season face a HQ opponent whose starters are used to playing 35 minutes? Ere we in shape for the last five minutes of the game ?

I guess it’s nice to be able to ask such rhetorical questions

Reaction Score
Our starters play fewer minutes than a vast majority of teams. Yes, rest is nice but it leaves an open question:

What happens when our starters with 25 minutes per game all season face a HQ opponent whose starters are used to playing 35 minutes? Ere we in shape for the last five minutes of the game ?

If you will all remember, some of our starters on occassioni have played more minutes to settle a game. Pao Pao in the UNC game and Raven in the Utah game. The fact that some of our backups in certain situations are as good or better than starters mean that this would not be an issue. I would say in a game where the 4 is a bruiser, Watkins or Feagins would more than likely play more minutes to handle the physicality that Chloe might not. Or like in the Duke game where their one athlete, was cooking, but Fulwiley was an x-factor because of her speed and athleticism, was what we needed in the fourth quarter. Sometimes it is not who starts the game, but who finishes the game that makes the difference. Just a thought

Reaction Score
If you will all remember, some of our starters on occassioni have played more minutes to settle a game. Pao Pao in the UNC game and Raven in the Utah game. The fact that some of our backups in certain situations are as good or better than starters mean that this would not be an issue. I would say in a game where the 4 is a bruiser, Watkins or Feagins would more than likely play more minutes to handle the physicality that Chloe might not. Or like in the Duke game where their one athlete, was cooking, but Fulwiley was an x-factor because of her speed and athleticism, was what we needed in the fourth quarter. Sometimes it is not who starts the game, but who finishes the game that makes the difference. Just a thought
No argument, I was merely raising the rhetorical question . Like having too much chocolate. I’ve never witnessed it but it’s a possibility

Reaction Score

I think we'll just play the normal rotation and profit by it.

Realistically no one from SCar's usual rotation takes anything off the table.

Maybe Cardoso gets bigger minutes, I dunno.

Reaction Score
18,000 for Vandy of all teams, when it was assumed the hinted nearing second sellout was for Tennessee.

COLOURBOX8346720.jpg

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but any thoughts on why Kitts gets the start over Watkins, who seems like one the best athletes in college ball?

I know they basically play the same amount of minutes and have very similar stats, but I'm surprised that Watkins, with slightly more experience, hasn't gotten the nod.

Reaction Score
I think Dawn likes the Kitts-Cardoso combo. Watkins off the bench is also a spark. Finally I think Dawn is pushing for Watkins as 6th woman of the year.
Kitts requires a defender to leave the paint and guard her, which usually helps open up passes to Cardoso or drives down the lane. Watkins also has the ability but she doesn't trust her 10 footer like Kitts. So I think that's why Dawn likes the combo.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
18,000 for Vandy of all teams, when it was assumed the hinted nearing second sellout was for Tennessee.

If we average 17,610/game for the 7 remaining games, we will set the all-time attendance per game record in WBB. With 2 of those 7 already sold out, we have a chance to beat that record set by Tennessee in 1999. Of note, few games were on TV back then.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think Dawn likes the Kitts-Cardoso combo. Watkins off the bench is also a spark. Finally I think Dawn is pushing for Watkins as 6th woman of the year.
Yep. A natural transition to Watkins potentially getting that starting spot at the 5 next year. She's not super tall (about 6'4 in sneakers) like we've had at that spot the last 5+ years.. but her defense and athleticism adds about an inch or two IMO.

Reaction Score
If we average 17,610/game for the 7 remaining games, we will set the all-time attendance per game record in WBB. With 2 of those 7 already sold out, we have a chance to beat that record set by Tennessee in 1999. Of note, few games were on TV back then.
Well. Some of those remaining five are dogs, so I have my doubts.

BTW, does anybody know how many more wins Dawn needs to hit 600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom